2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)
Tolzien may be the next starter for GB.

And with McCown playing well it seems like the Bears are more willing to "rest" Cutler.

I would hope so. Not exactly interested in Ndamukong landing on top of Jay having given his body zero time to rest a torn groin. That's just begging for a setback.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 04:41 PM)
I would hope so. Not exactly interested in Ndamukong landing on top of Jay having given his body zero time to rest a torn groin. That's just begging for a setback.

I agree completely. Soft tissue injuries are tricky and with McCown being serviceable you might as well play it safe.

My fear is that McCown lays an egg early and were behind early in a game we really have to win (Lions don't play anyone the rest of the season) with a backup QB who is already struggling and have zero chance of coming back to win. We really have to beat Detroit, and I don't think its possible to dress Cutler but start McCown.

It's stupid to play the "what if" game. We had our own way with that Packers defense. Even with McCown in, we could replay the game there next week and put up points in the high 30s. You're a defensive TD (which keep happening, even with them playing badly the rest of the time) away from almost certainly winning. I'm not convinced they win. As bad as the run defense was, we had a pass rush. We would have thrown the ball around even more and pushed the envelope to get in the endzone. No use in prognosticating

It's irrelevant in all of this.

How?

The NFL is a billion dollar business and a vast majority of its employees are entirely dependent on 16 opportunities to prove their value in millions. Millions they're going to need later on when they're eating from a straw. The stakes are ridiculously high, weak links cannot be tolerated and someone's feelings are not important at all. There's no time for political correctness or any of the other symptoms of the pussification of the American general public to creep in.

All that matters is the guy you are on the field. Its cutthroat, we the fans demand it be that way. Take a look around the sports world, these crazy analytics and hyper scrunity... this is the culture it creates. Incognito did nothing wrong. He's clearly crazy and definitely an asshole, but in the context of his world he was entirely within bounds. He's the better player, he helps the team more, and that is all that matters.

It's stupid to play the "what if" game. We had our own way with that Packers defense. Even with McCown in, we could replay the game there next week and put up points in the high 30s. You're a defensive TD (which keep happening, even with them playing badly the rest of the time) away from almost certainly winning. I'm not convinced they win. As bad as the run defense was, we had a pass rush. We would have thrown the ball around even more and pushed the envelope to get in the endzone. No use in prognosticating

Yea lost in all this was Aaron Rodgers was going to have been sacked quite a few times. How many sacks did Seneca Wallace scramble away from that Rodgers couldn't have?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
How?

The NFL is a billion dollar business and a vast majority of its employees are entirely dependent on 16 opportunities to prove their value in millions. Millions they're going to need later on when they're eating from a straw. The stakes are ridiculously high, weak links cannot be tolerated and someone's feelings are not important at all. There's no time for political correctness or any of the other symptoms of the pussification of the American general public to creep in.

All that matters is the guy you are on the field. Its cutthroat, we the fans demand it be that way. Take a look around the sports world, these crazy analytics and hyper scrunity... this is the culture it creates. Incognito did nothing wrong. He's clearly crazy and definitely an asshole, but in the context of his world he was entirely within bounds. He's the better player, he helps the team more, and that is all that matters.

Law says different.

If Jonathan Martin is looking to get back at his alleged bully, Richie Incognito, Martin should consider doing what most Americans do when they have suffered harm from the misconduct of another -- file a lawsuit. Fortunately for Martin and unfortunately for Incognito, the law of Florida has just what Martin needs as a basis for a formidable lawsuit.

A Florida law -- Evidencing Prejudice While Committing Offense -- provides the legal foundation for a civil lawsuit that would seek to assess monetary damages against Incognito. It provides for money damages for anyone who "has been intimidated or threatened" on the basis of "race or color." News accounts indicate there is little doubt Incognito has been threatening and intimidating Martin for many months, and that a portion of his attacks were based on race.

Incognito's use of the N-word and his threats "to kill" would appear to qualify Martin for money damages at Incognito's expense.

It gets even better for Martin. The Florida law provides for triple damages -- yes, triple damages -- and would allow Martin to collect his legal fees from Incognito. These provisions could produce a significant jury verdict for Martin at Incognito's expense.

Also, he's a f***ing racist. That's not ok in any culture.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)
IIRC Charles Rodgers broke his collarbone, and came back really early and then immediately broke it again. I think the second time it was against the Bears

Remember when the Lions kept drafting s***ty receivers high in the draft? That was awesome.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
How?

Extorting 15k and threatening to kill a guy is within bounds on the NFL? Interesting

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 12:31 AM)
Extorting 15k and threatening to kill a guy is within bounds on the NFL? Interesting

well the guy from Dallas actually killed his teammate while driving drunk and was still allowed to be on the sidelines....

Incognito is sounds like a POS meathead but it seems like he's got the backing of most players, even at this moment. I dont think outsiders who have no clue on what its like to be a player in that business should be telling the players how to run their locker room.

I do find it amusing how Riley Cooper was shunned by some teammates/players but Incognito has been supported.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 10:45 PM)
Richie Incognito is obviously a raging rageaholic, but I doubt he was actually going to murder anyone.

Yes, as no one in the NFL has ever murdered anyone.

You're out of your mind if you think "who's the better player" means anything. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 10:51 PM)
well the guy from Dallas actually killed his teammate while driving drunk and was still allowed to be on the sidelines....

Incognito is sounds like a POS meathead but it seems like he's got the backing of most players, even at this moment. I dont think outsiders who have no clue on what its like to be a player in that business should be telling the players how to run their locker room.

I do find it amusing how Riley Cooper was shunned by some teammates/players but Incognito has been supported.

I find it appalling that some of these Dolphins are publicly supporting Incognito at this point. I was shocked to hear some of their quotes. But, maybe they didn't like Martin either, so it's easy to pile on. Either way I found it pretty ridiculous.

And as far as your "outsiders" comment, there's been plenty of former players and coaches chiming in on this, too.

Yes, as no one in the NFL has ever murdered anyone.

You're out of your mind if you think "who's the better player" means anything. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.

It means everything. Its pretty simple:

Player A and Player B wont exist on the same team.

Q1: Are either of these guys in imminent danger of going to jail? If so, cut him. If neither, go to Q2. If both, Welcome to Pro Football.

Q2: Which of these two players gives my team, whos having a surprising playoff run, a better chance to win and a better chance for all of us to keep our jobs? Pick that guy and cut the other.

Its just Martin is a colossal p**** undoubtedly raised to be a sensitive little b**** who first ran from the team then went to the media selling out everyone. Luckily he'll never play in the NFL again, I have no sympathy for someone like that.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 11:09 PM)
The Dolphins have already ridded themselves of Incognito so you're wrong on that.

The rest of your post is just nonsense that quite frankly doesn't even deserve a response.

It's quite idiotic, isn't it?

Help a poor brother out!

Got bored and channeled Steve to make this semi-sweet T-shirt.

MOTM_zpsf1c01892.jpg

I tried so damn hard to get the white out from in between Alshons arms but just couldn't make it happen. I still think it looks pretty sweet.

If a lot of you would prefer it be a different color I can change it up.

If you buy one, send me a pm so I can thank you. You'd really be helping me out....even if it's not something you'd wear out, but it a size bigger and rock it to bed =p.

http://teespring.com/MOTM

Edited by scs787