2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 02:46 PM)
IMO he's put them in position a few times. 2 endzone passes to Jeffery that should have been caught, and on that last drive if Marshall doesn't slow up(not sure if it was by design) he might take that to the house.

Too many missed opportunities.

There have been some drops, but he also doesnt seem to be able to put any zip on the ball. The pass to Jeffrey last third down was a perfect example.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
There have been some drops, but he also doesnt seem to be able to put any zip on the ball. The pass to Jeffrey last third down was a perfect example.

And that under thrown 44 yarder to Marshall, should have been an easy TD

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
Horrible, horrible play on the 2pt conversion. Forte's had no running room all game. This game falls squarely on the coaches for playing Cutler.

yep, some bad playcalling at critical moments and a bad decision to let him start in the first place.

You can put this season in the books.

I just don't see it at this point. The team is good enough to make the playoffs and really compete there. I just don't think we'll make it. We played worse than we are over the past several weeks and I don't think there is any coming back. We pretty much can afford maybe a single loss from here on out. Disappointing because this team is absolutely loaded.

And yes, this game falls on Trestman. Starting Cutler, leaving Cutler in, not kicking the FG, bad play calls for two point conversion

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 03:07 PM)
I never understood why you don't just kick a low liner at the center man in those situations. Oh well, hopefully McCown starts next week.

The one thing Gould is bad at is kicking onside kicks.

I was against the idea of starting Cutler so soon after his injury because A) he could reinjure himself, especially considering those dirty SOBs Detroit has at defense and B) the Bears O had a nice groove these last few games with McCown and didn't want to disrupt that in this crucial game. I didn't post my concerns during the week for fear of being called a "meathead" by the Cutleristas here.

Cutler > McCown but it was a mistake starting Jay today...

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 01:03 PM)
Two horrendous play calls on the two points conversions.

The 1st play call was one of the worse calls I've ever seen in that situation. The 4th and 1 call in the 1st half was terrible too. As a whole Trestman did a good job calling plays in the 1st half, 2nd half was ugly but Jay was also pretty limited due to the injury. Really tough though cause I think the Bears outplayed the Lions in this game. Jeffrey had one costly drop on a great strike in the 2nd half (other one was a tough play). Marshall slowed down on a deep ball, had some drops, and Jeffrey got tied up on another deep ball that got him out of position.

I actually feel better after this game though (assuming Jay is okay). Defense struggled at times but as a whole played pretty good against a good offense. Tillman gave up 2 td's but limited Calvin pretty well (and one of Calvin's TD's was pass interference). I think the Bears can build on this but the division is out of reach unless the Lions choke.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 01:05 PM)
yep, some bad playcalling at critical moments and a bad decision to let him start in the first place.

In the 1st half it was pretty clear Jay was relatively healthy and looking very sharp. Unfortunately the Lions are a dirty as s*** team that took a lot of late hits and cheap shots (quite a few that should have been called, imo). I f***ing hate Detroit more then any other team in the league. They are total scumbags defensively (as is there coach).