2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 05:28 PM)
In the 1st half it was pretty clear Jay was relatively healthy and looking very sharp. Unfortunately the Lions are a dirty as s*** team that took a lot of late hits and cheap shots (quite a few that should have been called, imo). I f***ing hate Detroit more then any other team in the league. They are total scumbags defensively (as is there coach).

That was the reasoning many people gave for why they didn't want him starting in the first place. Going against the Lions when you're only 90% makes it likely you'll wind up the game at 0%.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 08:44 AM)
The Packers injuries this year went from depressing to lol yesterday.

I was watching Scott Tolzien taking snaps from TJ Lang(never played center before) throwing to Brandon Bostick.

It sucks, right?

QUOTE (MAX @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
If Jeffrey catches two TD passes that hit his hands, no one is talking about cutler.

Pretty sure we would have been talking about Cutler anyways.

That was a stupid, stubborn loss that is entirely on the coaching staff. We finally get a goddamned decent performance out of the defense, and they leave in an injured starting quarterback after they've seen that the backup is almost just as capable in this offense as a healthy version of the starter.

f***ing morons.

I was fine with letting Cutler start, but as soon as it was clear he was injured he should have been pulled. First things that go with Cutler when injured are mechanics. And he was missing a lot of throws just sidewinding em.

Add to that we are playing dirtiest defense in NFL and his injury could have gotten way worse. It was a really poor decision.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 07:03 AM)
I was fine with letting Cutler start, but as soon as it was clear he was injured he should have been pulled. First things that go with Cutler when injured are mechanics. And he was missing a lot of throws just sidewinding em.

Add to that we are playing dirtiest defense in NFL and his injury could have gotten way worse. It was a really poor decision.

I agree...and then you look back and realize that starting him in the first place was just stupid to begin with.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 03:11 PM)
I agree...and then you look back and realize that starting him in the first place was just stupid to begin with.

I get that, I don't know a lot about groin injuries. I know he did look pretty sharp in first quarter and then slowly deteriorated.

Through no real fault of his own though, I think this is is the game that seals Cutler not getting a big contract next year. He's far too injury prone. He's barely gotten hit this year and he still falls apart.

QUOTE (MAX @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
If Jeffrey catches two TD passes that hit his hands, no one is talking about cutler.

I don't know what the 2nd one was, but the one on a post over the middle of the field was a beautiful ball by Jay (and should have been an easy catch). When relatively healthy (1st half), Jay looked really freaking good (despite not having his mobility). Quick reads, crisp throws, great on 3rd down. This game had me feeling better though because defense played better.

The game that makes me sick is the Redskins game. That was embarassing and that lost cost us a more serviceable cushion.

Cutler should have been out after the first or second series in the 3rd quarter.

It was obvious he was limping (ankle), then you had the hand contusion and the groin re-aggravation.

The NFL's getting hard so hard to predict with all the parity. The Cowboys and Eagles are both 5-5 and leading their division, although it would be a shock if the Eagles didn't make it at this point with all the momentum on their side.

Whoever has to play the Saints, Broncos (assuming Manning's healthy) or Seahawks on the road, forgettabout it.

It will also be interesting to see if the Ravens can somehow dig out of that hole and make it back into the playoffs.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
Whoever has to play the Saints, Broncos (assuming Manning's healthy) or Seahawks on the road, forgettabout it.

Remember when everyone said that about the Broncos last season? And the Ravens came in and won a shoot out?

Funny things happen in the playoffs

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)
Peanut Tillman on IR with a tricep injury. Can't play rest of regular season but could return for the playoffs. Cutler week to week with a high ankle sprain.

The Northern Illinois Huskies could score on the Bears with all these injuries.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 12:52 PM)
Peanut Tillman on IR with a tricep injury. Can't play rest of regular season but could return for the playoffs. Cutler week to week with a high ankle sprain.

Great. That's their 3 best defensive players missing about 25 games combined.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)
Great. That's their 3 best defensive players missing about 25 games combined.

Not to mention the nickleback that missed the whole season, the replacement for Melton getting hurt, along with the starting MLB. This season has been a nightmare.

*Irrational Bears Fan Post*

They still can make the playoffs. f*** Cutler, McCown is more than adequate for the job. Briggs is back in 2 weeks. The rest of the schedule is doable to get 4 or 5 wins. Bal, St. Louis, Minn, Dallas, Cle, Philly and GB. Where's the high powered offense in that group? Dallas and GB with Rodgers. That's about it.

Emery needs to completely rebuild the secondary for next year. I'm not sure that's possible, but I didn't think it could be done with the OL either. Here's hoping Melton can come back healthy, because I really don't think its possible to retool the D line and backfield together, and they both need it. Certainly not with Peppers on the payroll.