2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2013 -> 11:20 PM)
Well, why haven't the White Sox gone to the playoffs for most of the last decade?

It doesn't have anything to do with the Twins and Tigers?

We will blame it all on losses to the Indians or Royals?

When you have a great team in your division, doesn't that dramatically decrease your opportunity to make the playoffs?

Why didn't Torii Hunter lead them past the Rangers then? If you can't win 90 games in a season, your odds of making the playoffs greatly diminish. The White Sox had one 90-win season and failed to make the playoffs, every other year they just weren't good enough. Same thing with the Angels now, they just haven't been good enough the last 4 years. They started slowly last year too.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)
So the whole difference is Weaver's out and Santana is gone?

Has to be more to it than that.

Or Hamilton's piss-poor start.

To compare it to a real life situation, let's say you have a sprained ankle, and to heal that sprained ankle, you put a band-aid on your shoulder. Make sense?

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 19, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
I would just love it if some of LAA's personnel moves of the past couple of seasons blew up (literally and figuratively) in their face and took the entire team down. My level of dislike for this team that they've built themselves is on par with Red Sox teams of the last decade plus. I need to see them miss the playoffs, preferably finishing 10+ games out of their division lead and both Wild Card spots.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2013 -> 08:04 PM)
Angels in danger of losing two in a row to Disastros, and in the process fall to 11 games under .500.

I'm basking in this. My level of enjoyment is supreme.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 9, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
That Albert Pujols contract is just f***ing brutal.

I wonder, if he spent the next 8 years putting up numbers close to what he's averaging today (.740 OPS or so) whether hanging on like that would impact his HOF case.

ChiTribSports ‏@ChiTribSports 12m

MLB won't overturn 'improper' Indians-A's call http://trib.in/Yx5S3P

This shoudn't surprise anybody--MLB is never going to overturn a judgment call, no matter how bad it was. The only thing that is going to get overturned is a misapplication of a rule.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 9, 2013 -> 02:22 PM)
This shoudn't surprise anybody--MLB is never going to overturn a judgment call, no matter how bad it was. The only thing that is going to get overturned is a misapplication of a rule.

How would that even work, anyway? I can understand if it would have been the walk-off run, but how would it have worked in this scenario?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 9, 2013 -> 12:25 PM)
How would that even work, anyway? I can understand if it would have been the walk-off run, but how would it have worked in this scenario?

I would imagine they would re-start the game from the point at which the missed call occurred, except, with the correct call made.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 9, 2013 -> 02:25 PM)

I believe they would've had to replay the game from that point on.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 9, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
I would imagine they would re-start the game from the point at which the missed call occurred, except, with the correct call made.

Which is entirely too much trouble for both the MLB and the players. And would the line-ups have to be the same? Or could you all the sudden move your hitters around to fit a more favorable order for the bottom of the 9th?

I guess my point is that no one should have ever expected a reversal anyway.

Which is entirely too much trouble for both the MLB and the players. And would the line-ups have to be the same? Or could you all the sudden move your hitters around to fit a more favorable order for the bottom of the 9th?

I guess my point is that no one should have ever expected a reversal anyway.

It would be the same as resuming a game suspended by rain. Lineups remain the same. Any pitchers/players who had already been removed from the game are still ineligible to return.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 9, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
It would be the same as resuming a game suspended by rain. Lineups remain the same. Any pitchers/players who had already been removed from the game are still ineligible to return.

yep, thats what they did in the George Brett pine tar game. started it at that point, everything stays the same