2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
I'll disagree with you here. I'm sure most people love the celebration, because they aren't Dbacks fans. I guarantee the Tigers win the division and jump in a pool at the cell, people would be going crazy.

I found it to be a bit classless.

But, it just further underscores the point that baseball celebrations are absolutely ridiculous. Clinch the playoffs? OMG GIANT CHAMPAGNE PARTY LIKE WE WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP. Win a wild card play-in game? OMG A GIANT CHAMPAGNE PARTY LIKE WE WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP. Repeat up to 3 more times.

Win the world series? Same exact party we've already done 3-4 times. It's so silly, every single time.

First of all, if there was a pool at the Cell, that would be so awesome I wouldn't care who partied in there.

Second, I don't have a problem with the celebration for winning a division title. The baseball season is such a marathon and there aren't that many playoff spots, that its a accomplishment to win the division. Now I agree that we can do without the champagne popping after the LDS & LCS victories.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 3m

Manny Machado appears to have suffered a terrible knee injury in the Orioles-Rays game...

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 2m

Cart on the field. Trainers are stabilizing Manny Machado's left leg and holding him down. Orioles dugout is despondent, and understandably.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 04:47 PM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 3m

Manny Machado appears to have suffered a terrible knee injury in the Orioles-Rays game...

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 2m

Cart on the field. Trainers are stabilizing Manny Machado's left leg and holding him down. Orioles dugout is despondent, and understandably.

Marc Topkin ‏@TBTimes_Rays 9m

Looked like an air cast on a Machado's left leg

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli 10m

Machado is expected to be at Camden Yards tonight. Buck confirmed his season is done, is optimistic MRI isn't as bad as initially thought.

Buck said he's confident Manny will be back by early next year. Waiting on MrI results to be read in next hour or so.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 4h

and congrats 'stros for locking up No. 1 pick 3rd year in row. sorry #fish. consensus pick Carlos Rodon, lhp, is a Miamian

The Devil Rays/Rays were the first team in the history of the modern draft to have the #1 pick 2 years in a row. That was 2007 and 2008. The Nationals then had it 2 years in a row in 2009 and 2010. The Pirates stole one in 2011 (taking Gerrit Cole, who's already a monster), and now the Astros are the first to ever have it 3 years in a row.

Think about that for a second...in the first 40 years of the Rule 4 draft, no team had ever had the first overall pick two years in a row. In the 8 years since that anniversary, we've had 3 teams get it consecutively, and now the Astros have had it 3 years in a row.

Edited by witesoxfan