Game Thread 4/24: CLE @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
What is funny to me is some of the same people who think Dunn should bat 9th or not play or think Ventura is stupid for batting him 4th, are some of the same people who always tried to make a case for him batting 3rd last year when he hit .191 the last 4 months. I think when some were giving out "grades" at the All Star break last year, Dunn was hitting .205 and someone graded him a B,and he was ripped to shreads saying Dunn deserved an A. Keep in mind, Adam is only 2 homers off his April total of last year.

The guy certainly is no all star, but he cannot be as bad as he's been. He is somewhere in between. For those of us that want the White Sox to win, he is going to have to produce, there really is nothing else. For those who want to rebuild and want the White Sox to lose, instead of complaining when he strikes out 3 times and goes 0 fer, you should be doing cartwheels.

I want the Sox WIN and stop wasting good pitching. Dunn is hitting like a pitcher. He should bat 9th against righties. Gillaspie leads the team in hitting yet has very few RBI . Bunch the hot guys together. Don't put a guy hitting like a pitcher continuously in the middle of the order.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 10:00 AM)
So Tekotte makes a huge base running mistake then gets the start the next game? What the hell is that?

Danks and Wise and Tekotte. Danks goes 2 for 4 since call up, Wise on opening day roster . Tekotte kills a rally with base running blunder. So yea of course he's starting.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 05:27 PM)
Danks and Wise and Tekotte. Danks goes 2 for 4 since call up, Wise on opening day roster . Tekotte kills a rally with base running blunder. So yea of course he's starting.

Hopefully it's his one shot today and then they DFA him so that they can get another righty on the roster to face Price/Moore this weekend.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 12:27 PM)

Keep in mind one of Danks' "hits" was a pop up to the pitcher.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)
What is funny to me is some of the same people who think Dunn should bat 9th or not play or think Ventura is stupid for batting him 4th, are some of the same people who always tried to make a case for him batting 3rd last year when he hit .191 the last 4 months. I think when some were giving out "grades" at the All Star break last year, Dunn was hitting .205 and someone graded him a B,and he was ripped to shreads saying Dunn deserved an A. Keep in mind, Adam is only 2 homers off his April total of last year.

The guy certainly is no all star, but he cannot be as bad as he's been. He is somewhere in between. For those of us that want the White Sox to win, he is going to have to produce, there really is nothing else. For those who want to rebuild and want the White Sox to lose, instead of complaining when he strikes out 3 times and goes 0 fer, you should be doing cartwheels.

What does any of this have to do with batting a player who has a .397 OPS 4th in the lineup? He sucks right now plain and simple. You keep making excuses for Robin when there is no argument here. Dunn needs to be moved down in the lineup. I don't care if it's 5th, 6th or 7th, but under no circumstance should he be batting cleanup. This is just Robin being stubborn or being overly considered with Dunn's ego.

And I'm not disagreeing he may turn it around, but you don't stunt your offense until then. Dunn is absolutely killing us right now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)
Keep in mind one of Danks' "hits" was a pop up to the pitcher.

All line drives in the box score. It's contact and getting on base which is more than I can say for the majority of the lineup. And limited sample size ,I know, but I want a string of wins with some runs.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 12:00 PM)
So Tekotte makes a huge base running mistake then gets the start the next game? What the hell is that?

Tekotte doesn't deserve to be on the roster let alone in the lineup.

I'd pick either Wise or Danks and pretty much play one them exclusively while Dayan's out.

It's funny that people are mad at Tekotte. He was on second base, that's scoring position, like those people ever move. All he did was get them out of the inning a few mins early but with the same amount of runs scored.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
All line drives in the box score. It's contact and getting on base which is more than I can say for the majority of the lineup. And limited sample size ,I know, but I want a string of wins with some runs.

Danks has also fanned 3 times in 7 AB. He's really not the answer. Maybe a good 4th or 5th OF some day, and really playing sporatically is something he will probably have to learn to do anyway. Odds are really against him being a regular player.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)
It's funny that people are mad at Tekotte. He was on second base, that's scoring position, like those people ever move. All he did was get them out of the inning a few mins early but with the same amount of runs scored.

Reliever comes in with runners on first and second and nobody out. 2 pitches later, he was out of the inning. You can't get through a half an inning that fast in strat o matic.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 12:51 PM)
Danks has also fanned 3 times in 7 AB. He's really not the answer. Maybe a good 4th or 5th OF some day, and really playing sporatically is something he will probably have to learn to do anyway. Odds are really against him being a regular player.

Please tell me you aren't arguing that playing Tekotte makes sense.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
Please tell me you aren't arguing that playing Tekotte makes sense.

I would have Wise in the line up myself. Maybe he's sick or something. If Wise were in the line up people would complain maybe even louder. Tekotte isn't any good, but it's not like Danks is any better at this stage. The legend of Jordan Danks around here is beyond incredible.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)

I agree but still a better option than Tekotte and so is Wise.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 12:57 PM)
I would have Wise in the line up myself. Maybe he's sick or something. If Wise were in the line up people would complain maybe even louder. Tekotte isn't any good, but it's not like Danks is any better at this stage. The legend of Jordan Danks around here is beyond incredible.

First, Danks is ahead of Tekotte on the depth chart. Second, Danks is way better than Tekotte. Third, Tekotte has like three ABs this year and he should not be trying to find his rhythem at the major league level.

He may hit four HRs today but the decision to play him makes no sense. I hope he makes me look stupid but I find it extremely unlikely.

Not to mention you're sort of rewarding him with a start after making a base-running move that might have cost the team a game.

Kind of reverse psychology...if you want to hold players accountable for mental mistakes, you think Ventura would start with the last player on the team roster.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 01:05 PM)
First, Danks is ahead of Tekotte on the depth chart. Second, Danks is way better than Tekotte. Third, Tekotte has like three ABs this year and he should not be trying to find his rhythem at the major league level.

He may hit four HRs today but the decision to play him makes no sense. I hope he makes me look stupid but I find it extremely unlikely.

Danks is way better? What is it about Jordan Danks that makes people think he is so good? What has he accomplished other than nice numbers his 3rd or 4th try in AAA? A lot of not so good players do that. I find it extremely unlikely he hits 4 homers today, and that includes batting practice, if they took it. I'm not high on Tekotte, but I am certainly not going to be upset he took Jordan Danks spot in the line up. If Jordan Danks is someone who needs to be in the line up, I think the beef shouldn't be with the manager. It should be with the guy who makes the roster.