AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Great pitching by Jake, great job Conor.

Sox have the pitching in the rotation to make a run at this, they need to find some solutions after Reed and Crain and apparently Santiago

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alot of our offensive issues stem from our station to station speed. I love paulie but it is time to see what we can get for him. and it is definitely time to move dunn. maybe dunn stays to play 1st base since nobody will take him. but we can get something for paulie. move viciedo to DH and start teaching him 1st base. while viciedo doesn't possess blazing speed he is much faster than dunn or paulie.

but the middle of our lineup is a log jam!

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ May 25, 2013 -> 10:47 PM)
alot of our offensive issues stem from our station to station speed. I love paulie but it is time to see what we can get for him. and it is definitely time to move dunn. maybe dunn stays to play 1st base since nobody will take him. but we can get something for paulie. move viciedo to DH and start teaching him 1st base. while viciedo doesn't possess blazing speed he is much faster than dunn or paulie.

How about keep winning games and get an impact bat at the deadline?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2013 -> 11:53 PM)
What's the Sox record since Robin got pissed and had the meeting? That's the sign of a good manager. He knew when to get on the team. Team has been pretty good since then.

9-5 . 8-3 in their last 11.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ May 26, 2013 -> 02:37 AM)
Robin had a meeting? I need to follow things more closely. Can anyone give me the details? Or was it NBD?

It wasn't a big deal, he had a meeting with the players because things weren't going the right way. Paulie said it wasn't that serious but it wasn't laughs and jokes either.

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ May 25, 2013 -> 10:47 PM)

Paulie has been the slowest player in the league since his debut and the Sox have had good offenses with him. It's not just "Paulie is slow."

Do you remember that '06 offense with speedsters such as PK, Thome, and Dye?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2013 -> 01:53 AM)
What's the Sox record since Robin got pissed and had the meeting? That's the sign of a good manager. He knew when to get on the team. Team has been pretty good since then.

The better question is what is the Sox record since I adopted my black and white dog. That answer is 8-3. You are welcome guys. I saved the season

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 25, 2013 -> 10:18 PM)
How about keep winning games and get an impact bat at the deadline?

You still think that bat will help? This sox team is very average. and average isn't going to do anything this year. What bat is going to bolster us into being a good team? It is time to start using some assets to maybe build for next year. other wise we will tread water in mediocrity and be an average team.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 29, 2013 -> 09:10 PM)
You're quoting something he said four days ago. When he had posted it the Sox had just finished a sweep, since then they have looked like s*** 3 days in a row. It makes a difference.

yes, but even during the sweep you could still see this teams holes. and the sweep came to the inept marlins. not something to pin your season on.

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ May 29, 2013 -> 11:09 PM)
yes, but even during the sweep you could still see this teams holes. and the sweep came to the inept marlins. not something to pin your season on.

And two losses in three days isn't either. Jesus, just relax a bit. If they win a few games in June and guys show signs of life, add some pieces to the team. If not, sell a few off. It's not the end of the world either way. I don't want to waste this pitching staff, but it's generally going to be together next year again, so maybe gear up and make a run then.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 30, 2013 -> 07:16 AM)
And two losses in three days isn't either. Jesus, just relax a bit. If they win a few games in June and guys show signs of life, add some pieces to the team. If not, sell a few off. It's not the end of the world either way. I don't want to waste this pitching staff, but it's generally going to be together next year again, so maybe gear up and make a run then.

I am relaxed. I just see a team with a ceiling of average. we have a very fine pitching staff, but our offense is very inept. so why not use our pieces now to improve for next year? I am not talking a fire sale either. I am saying that our base to base running is clogging the offense up. and our homerun or nothing is really slowing us down.

I love paul konerko, but if he can bring back some very nice pieces why not look into it. I bet a team that is challenging would love to have him. and would give up something of value as well.