6/3 - The Return of the Bacon Slayer

Quin

BaconSlayer.jpg

Behind the glory of Gordon Beckham's hair and the Mighty Resurrection of Danks the White Sox shall find victory.

Humber perfect'd these b****es last year.

Time to win.

Edited by Quinarvy

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/white-sox-mar...13044--mlb.html

Danks (0-1, 5.40 ERA) has played a key role, going 7-0 with a 1.31 ERA in eight starts versus the Mariners, including a 4-0 record in five visits to Seattle.

The veteran left-hander hasn't been sharp in two starts since returning from shoulder surgery. He lost the most recent one Wednesday, giving up four runs and two homers in four innings of a 9-3 road defeat to the Chicago Cubs.

"The fastball isn't quite where it was," Danks told the team's official website. "It's plenty, but it's not quite where it was. I anticipate that getting better. The more velocity I get, the better it makes my changeup and cutter."

Konerko may be looking forward to visiting Safeco after sitting out one game with a stiff neck. He's hitting .434 over his last 13 games there and owns a .381 average in 30 overall meetings with the Mariners.

The six-time All-Star enters this series 10 for 27 (.370) in eight games, raising his season average 23 points to .240.

Gordon Beckham may also be back in the lineup after Chicago activated him from the disabled list on Sunday. The second baseman was 6 for 19 through the first seven games before suffering a fractured hamate bone in his left hand on

April 9 at Washington.

His return could mean the White Sox will have to find somewhere else to put Jeff Keppinger, who has filled in at second and is hitting .386 over the past 13 games.

The Mariners have dropped 12 of 16 after being held to five singles in Sunday's 10-0 loss at Minnesota.

Joe Saunders (3-5, 5.57) is expected to get the ball, and he's 9-1 with a 2.23 ERA in 14 starts at Safeco. The left-hander is 3-1 with a 2.41 ERA in five games at Seattle this year compared to 0-4 with a 9.00 ERA in six road outings.

Edited by caulfield12

With this great thread I sense a renewed vigor and a sense of calm but gritty determination to win. Sox fans everywhere rejoice, including me as I pick Gordon Beckham as my PTC. We are on the right track until we are not.

In the likely (but not certain) event that Beckham comes back and is the player he always was, the fans are going to hate him extra because of how much nonsense Hawk has been spewing about him turning the season around. I feel like Hawk has done him a huge disservice -- everyone was comfortable with him not being very good before.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 05:59 AM)
Better defense = runs, says Hawk

Yeah, that was priceless. Twitter question of the day: "What is one move the White Sox could make to shake up the offense and get them to score runs?" Hawk's answer: "You need to get Gordon Beckham back to improve the defense at second base."

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 08:23 AM)
Yeah, that was priceless. Twitter question of the day: "What is one move the White Sox could make to shake up the offense and get them to score runs?" Hawk's answer: "You need to get Gordon Beckham back to improve the defense at second base."

His hard-on for Beckham is epic

I remember fondly that summer of love that Gordon Beckham got called up. Once he started hitting, man did he hit. I was sure we had a future 3-hitter on our side.

One expensive jersey purchase later, he just brings feelings of sadness.

That said, he will forever have a great intro song.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
The funny thing is, how in the world is it warranted? What has Beckham done to make Hawk this giddy about him?

He is from Georgia. The end

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
I remember fondly that summer of love that Gordon Beckham got called up. Once he started hitting, man did he hit. I was sure we had a future 3-hitter on our side.

One expensive jersey purchase later, he just brings feelings of sadness.

That said, he will forever have a great intro song.

A 22-year old 2B with an .808 OPS? The future was so bright. Sigh.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 12:35 PM)
A 22-year old 2B with an .808 OPS? The future was so bright. Sigh.

It's not even that. He passed the eye test.

God, another guy who passed the eye test? 2008 Carlos Quentin. It seemed almost impossible to pitch to that version of that guy. It's too bad that he both hates hits own wrist and is a mental midget.

The funny thing is, how in the world is it warranted? What has Beckham done to make Hawk this giddy about him?

"I'll tell you what Stone Poney, Gordon Beckham is the best defensive second basemen I've seen since Bill Mazeroski."

Cheese straws.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 05:36 PM)
De Aza 8, Ramirez 6, Rios 9, Konerko 3, Viciedo 7, Dunn DH, Keppinger 5, Flowers 2, Beckham 4.

Dunn 6th is new.

Makes sense to demote Dunn in order to move up Konerko. Wait...no it doesn't.