NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 06:12 PM)
Sweet jesus. Please tell me you haven't encountered Bulls fans THAT dumb? Anyway, I've had enough of try hard to last 4eva. This movie is old as f*** now. Forget the Heat. They're a NENE ejection away from getting swept by the Wizards.

It's almost as bad as the people that b**** and moan about Melo's defense as the reason to not get him.

WE DON'T NEED MORE DEFENSE WE NEED AN ELITE SCORER.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 06:27 AM)
Well the Bulls played like crap and Hinrich was an uber turnover machine. Taj was beasting. I love that guy.

I think the Bulls win the next game and then drop the 4th contest in Washington.

Heinrich had 4 of their 16 turnovers. He was terrible, but only had one more turnover than Noah and Taj had.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
Heinrich had 4 of their 16 turnovers. He was terrible, but only had one more turnover than Noah and Taj had.

Did you see the amount bricks that clown shot up. Yeah, if you're going to give up the rock for points you better get them back.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)

May be true number wise but maybe 6-8 more passes almost got picked off.

The offense was really out of sync when Hinrich played. He ran his circles, the shot clock came down to 5, someone got the ball and it was a hurried bad shot or a turnover.

There were also multiple passes deflected that Hinrich didnt get credit for, two of them in highlights off Dunleavy and Gibson. He was just bad.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 08:27 AM)
Well the Bulls played like crap and Hinrich was an uber turnover machine. Taj was beasting. I love that guy.

I think the Bulls win the next game and then drop the 4th contest in Washington.

Yea Kirk played like he was in the D-League.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)
Why is it only now Donald Sterling and racism is a big deal to the NBA?

http://deadspin.com/5263277/the-sordid-lif...donald-sterling

Because he finally crossed the final line, and was racist towards a legend. It is incredibly stupid and hypocritical to only now act on it, but thats how these things work I guess

How stupid is Sterling though? Magic OWNs LA

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)

That is the real bad part. People really shouldn't be surprised by this and he should have been kicked out a long time ago. This is on David Stern. He refused to take a stand against the POS that was Sterling. He's been the worst owner in professional sports for a long time and he's also a turd of a human being and calling him a turd is being nice.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 06:40 PM)
Because he finally crossed the final line, and was racist towards a legend. It is incredibly stupid and hypocritical to only now act on it, but thats how these things work I guess

How stupid is Sterling though? Magic OWNs LA

Elgin Baylor is also a legend.

What he said obviously was so transparent and just incredibly terrible it deserves this. But it is funny to me seeing all these outlets suddenly realizing all the stuff Sterling has been accused of.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
That is the real bad part. People really shouldn't be surprised by this and he should have been kicked out a long time ago. This is on David Stern. He refused to take a stand against the POS that was Sterling. He's been the worst owner in professional sports for a long time and he's also a turd of a human being and calling him a turd is being nice.

FTFY

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)

It's really crazy to think all this stuff that becomes buried and doesn't get paid attention to/or forgotten until something gets pulled and everything just come roaring out. This guy is a POS.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 12:50 PM)
Elgin Baylor is also a legend.

What he said obviously was so transparent and just incredibly terrible it deserves this. But it is funny to me seeing all these outlets suddenly realizing all the stuff Sterling has been accused of.

Very true. Unfortunately, Baylors claims couldnt be substantiated and we had to wait until now for it to come to a head

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
That is the real bad part. People really shouldn't be surprised by this and he should have been kicked out a long time ago. This is on Donald Stern. He refused to take a stand against the POS that was Sterling. He's been the worst owner in professional sports for a long time and he's also a turd of a human being and calling him a turd is being nice.

How do we know Stern didn't try to talk the other owners into getting rid of him? To a certain extent Stern (and Silver's) hands are tied on this. They can't/won't do anything without the support of the other owners. And i'm sure the other owners don't want to touch this issue with a 20 foot pole.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 10:56 AM)
Very true. Unfortunately, Baylors claims couldnt be substantiated and we had to wait until now for it to come to a head

With Baylor the hardest part was probably more tied to the fact that while he was underpaid he was also the worst GM in the history of professional sports. However, I guarantee there was a lot of truth to his overall claims. Sterling is a despicable human being.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
How do we know Stern didn't try to talk the other owners into getting rid of him? To a certain extent Stern (and Silver's) hands are tied on this. They can't/won't do anything without the support of the other owners. And i'm sure the other owners don't want to touch this issue with a 20 foot pole.

I hadn't seen Silver speak until that press conference, what a flipping disaster. Come on...this is really easy. I realize a lot of owners probably have said / done things regrettable. Nothing to the extent of Sterling. All the b****ing about MLB and Selig and he at least was able to handle things with the Marge Schott issue. I bet every owner in the league knows Sterling needs to be ousted, the problem is they are also worried about the slippery slope that is caused as every owner worries about what they say / do that might set the world off. Even if you put the Clippers in a blind trust, you are putting them in a position to fail. No one is going to want to give Sterling a dime. No player will really want to go there, etc. They have to solve this matter and quickly, imo.