NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:03 AM)
Another crazy part was even after the stuff I posted came out so many years ago, this guy was still collecting awards from the NAACP.

Wasn't he up for NAACP Lifetime achievment award or something? That blew my mind. I heard that on sports radio this morning so might not have been true.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
Another crazy part was even after the stuff I posted came out so many years ago, this guy was still collecting awards from the NAACP.

haha yup. I think we was slated to receive a "life time achievement" award from the NAACP.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
Wasn't he up for NAACP man of the year award or something? That blew my mind. I heard that on sports radio this morning so might not have been true.

It just shows the homework the NAACP does on these so called "awards".

The whole thing is pretty disgusting but anyone that thinks Sterling is the only owner in pro sports that feels that way is delusional. He is an old bigot that will never change. Something humorous that I saw on ESPN was Chris Broussard up in arms over what Sterling said. Broussard should understand how Sterling feels. He hates gay people for no apparent reason. What a hypocrite that clown is.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 01:19 PM)
The whole thing is pretty disgusting but anyone that thinks Sterling is the only owner in pro sports that feels that way is delusional. He is an old bigot that will never change. Something humorous that I saw on ESPN was Chris Broussard up in arms over what Sterling said. Broussard should understand how Sterling feels. He hates gay people for no apparent reason. What a hypocrite that clown is.

I laughed at that. f*** Broussard and his multiple sources.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)

I started but ultimately didn't post Donald Sterling thread to point out the hypocrisy of the commentators.

There's Broussard, as noted above.

Magic Jonnson is not someone whose moral compass is one that I would follow.

Jalen Rose had the Uncle Tom thing regarding black players going to duke, yet is offended by Donald Sterling's racism.

And, Bill Simmons is a season ticket holder for the Clippers, yet is offended by the owner.

Anyway, Sterling is a scumbag, and the league should do what mlb did with George Steinbrenner and strip him of his ability to be involved (at the very least). If possible, the nba should try to force him to sell.&

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
I bet he sells the team to Magic Johnson. just so the whole thing can end up being as ridiculous as possible.

This guy strikes me as someone who isn't going to go down without a fight. I mean he has his wife sue his mistresses for embezzlement. I expect a big legal battle.

Also I'm amazed this went on for so long. He has been the owner for 33 seasons.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:40 AM)
I started but ultimately didn't post Donald Sterling thread to point out the hypocrisy of the commentators.

There's Broussard, as noted above.

Magic Jonnson is not someone whose moral compass is one that I would follow.

Jalen Rose had the Uncle Tom thing regarding black players going to duke, yet is offended by Donald Sterling's racism.

And, Bill Simmons is a season ticket holder for the Clippers, yet is offended by the owner.

Anyway, Sterling is a scumbag, and the league should do what mlb did with George Steinbrenner and strip him of his ability to be involved (at the very least). If possible, the nba should try to force him to sell.&

Why does Bill Simmons being a season ticket holder make him a hypocrite that he is offended by the owner? Are you saying every season ticket holder of the Clippers is a hypocrite and that they are indirectly racists?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
This thread is turning into fili. Stop it! Now!

Seriously, we've known that Sterling is a racist douchebag for years. NOW it's news and the league has to take action? Whatever.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 05:13 PM)
In efforts it turn this back to basketball....What's the scouting report on Nolan Smith...Sounds like he might be Thibs next reclamation project...Good move?

Seriously? That's your attempt to steer it back towards basketball? Talking about a 6'2"/6'3" shooting guard that has hit about 26% of his NBA 3's?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 05:22 PM)
Seriously? That's your attempt to steer it back towards basketball? Talking about a 6'2"/6'3" shooting guard that has hit about 26% of his NBA 3's?

Is it not something else to talk about?

I didn't know it had to be some earthshaking news to break the fili talk.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 02:20 PM)
I'm rooting for the Clips to win it all just for the lulz on how the NBA would handle that...

edit: took out large pictures.

It would be "funny" to see the trophy ceremony. Would they hand Sterling some hand sanitizer when they passed him the trophy?

Edited by Big Hurtin

The reason Silver didn't drop the hammer is because you don't want to be wrong about this stuff. When this story dropped, you had the word of TMZ and that was it. It is beginning to look more and more likely that it was indeed him, and in this case I don't think it matters how the recordings were procured.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:12 PM)
The reason Silver didn't drop the hammer is because you don't want to be wrong about this stuff. When this story dropped, you had the word of TMZ and that was it. It is beginning to look more and more likely that it was indeed him, and in this case I don't think it matters how the recordings were procured.

I trust TMZ just about as much as any other source right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 06:15 PM)
I trust TMZ just about as much as any other source right now.

It's not that the source was TMZ, it was that they were the only source and they weren't even discussing how they came across the tape. My journalistic senses start tingling when we have no freaking clue how to verify the veracity of the claims - but again, it appears this is legit, which is why we'll see Silver take action tomorrow, presumably.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 05:34 PM)
Is it not something else to talk about?

I didn't know it had to be some earthshaking news to break the fili talk.

I just like giving you s*** for your fascination with bad and/or irrelevant players. There's maybe a 1-50 chance he turns into anything.