Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

More likely scenario next year.....

A. Garcia-De Aza-Rios OF with Tank at first.

B. Tank-De Aza-Garcia OF with a FA at first.

C. Tank-Garcia-Rios OF with a FA at first.

D Tank-De Aza-Rios OF with a FA at first and Garcia in AAA

If Tank shows off some more power down the stretch I'd be fine with A. B. is what I think a lot of people are hoping for, but the latest reports make it seem like Rios will be here next year. C. Would be pretty interesting offensively, reports say Garcia can play an adequate CF, who leads off though? D. would make me a sad panda just because I wanna see Garcia in the big leagues next year.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 12:04 AM)
Any chance the Yankees want Rios? If they take him, again they'll probably take on his whole contract like Boston did re. Peavy.

I hope it's Jerry-mandated that the Sox don't pay more than 2-3 million of Rios' deal for the team dumb enough to take him.

TRADE RIOS!!!

FREE GARCIA FOR RIGHT FIELD NOW!!

why would the Yankees even want Rios? Vernon Wells, Suzuki, Gardner, Soriano...not that those guys are gang busters...but just not seeing it.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 01:11 AM)
More likely scenario next year.....

A. Garcia-De Aza-Rios OF with Tank at first.

B. Tank-De Aza-Garcia OF with a FA at first.

C. Tank-Garcia-Rios OF with a FA at first.

D Tank-De Aza-Rios OF with a FA at first and Garcia in AAA

If Tank shows off some more power down the stretch I'd be fine with A. B. is what I think a lot of people are hoping for, but the latest reports make it seem like Rios will be here next year. C. Would be pretty interesting offensively, reports say Garcia can play an adequate CF, who leads off though? D. would make me a sad panda just because I wanna see Garcia in the big leagues next year.

E. Tank - FA- Garcia OF with FA at first

F. FA - FA - Garcia OF with Tank at first

G De Aza - FA - Garcia OF with Tank at first

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 01:12 PM)
Cruz is going to get suspended today. I hope Texas overpays.

per mlb trade rumors

8:04am: MLB informed the players' union yesterday which players will be suspended this week, writes Bob Nightengale of USA Today. Settlements talks could push an announcement to Friday, reports the Associated Press.

I think Rios gets traded to Pittsburgh today. The Sox most likely want to move Rios so that they can play Avisail Garcia in RF immediately. The White Sox only owe $59 million to 7 players next year including Rios. After taking Garcia, dumping $20 million, and getting 3 prospects from A ball, it is very evident that the White Sox are rebuilding. It just doesn't make sense that Alex Rios would be on this team by the time they play tonight.

The more I think about it, the less I want Tank at 1B. Either keep him out in LF or make him the permanent DH for this team moving forward. He was horrible at 3b (which I know is the hardest infield position to play), but I have a feeling he will be just as bad as Miguel Cabrera over there.

Let him continue to improve out in LF for now. At least we know he has a terrific arm and is very capable of throwing guys out.

Here is my hope for today and the future! Do whatever it takes to trade Rios and cash for Hansen (Pittsburgh). Trade Alexei today or this winter for some pitching.

Having a team looking like this next year wouldn't be bad:

RF- A. Garcia

CF- De Aza

LF- Viciedo

3B- Gillepsie

SS- Hanson

2B- Beckham

1B- Dunn

C- Phegley

DH- FA Signing

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 08:15 AM)
The more I think about it, the less I want Tank at 1B. Either keep him out in LF or make him the permanent DH for this team moving forward. He was horrible at 3b (which I know is the hardest infield position to play), but I have a feeling he will be just as bad as Miguel Cabrera over there.

Let him continue to improve out in LF for now. At least we know he has a terrific arm and is very capable of throwing guys out.

Here is my hope for today and the future! Do whatever it takes to trade Rios and cash for Hansen (Pittsburgh). Trade Alexei today or this winter for some pitching.

RF- A. Garcia

CF- De Aza

LF- Viciedo

3B- Gillepsie

SS- Hanson

2B- Beckham

1B- Dunn

C- Phegley

DH- FA Signing

How is that much better than this year's line up?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 08:20 AM)
That looks like a solid rebuilding lineup that should net you another top 3 pick.

exactly! Lets face it Dick Allen, we will not compete for the playoffs for a couple years. We are officially in rebuilding mode.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 09:19 AM)

There'd be a ton of young talent covering almost every position. Whether the team can develop them into something useful is a different question, but that lineup would be what you guys want.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)

Dick, do you really think they are competing next year after yesterday's trade? Not likely. The other pieces of the deal were all guys in A ball. They are rebuilding. And it is the right move.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 09:15 AM)

RF- A. Garcia

CF- De Aza

LF- Viciedo

3B- Gillepsie

SS- Hanson

2B- Beckham

1B- Dunn

C- Phegley

DH- FA Signing

It's too bad that Viciedo couldn't handle 3rd becasue any lineup that inlcudes Connor Gillapsie has a gaping hole in it. I think a better lineup would be:

OF- Garcia, De Aza, Viciedo

3B- Trade/FA

2B- Some combo of Beckham/Hanson/Wong/Semien/Sanchez

1B- Adams

C- Phegley

DH- Dunn

Of course that would Rios to Pitt for Hanson or pitching and Ramirez + + for Adams and maybe Wong.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 08:15 AM)

RF- A. Garcia

CF- De Aza

LF- Viciedo

3B- Gillepsie

SS- Hanson

2B- Beckham

1B- Dunn

C- Phegley

DH- FA Signing

I really hope they move Dunn. Something about this team just seems broken since he arrived. I'm sure he is a good guy and may not the cause of the crapification of the Sox. I just don't want to watch him play any more. Many people like tequila. I hate tequila because it has made me very sick to my stomach one too many times. Just the smell of tequila repulses me. Dunn is like tequila to me. I Would be thrilled to see Kendry Morales or a prospect like Adams from St. Louis there next year.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 09:33 AM)
I really hope they move Dunn. Something about this team just seems broken since he arrived. I'm sure he is a good guy and may not the cause of the crapification of the Sox. I just don't want to watch him play any more. Many people like tequila. I hate tequila because it has made me very sick to my stomach one too many times. Just the smell of tequila repulses me. Dunn is like tequila to me. I Would be thrilled to see Kendry Morales or a prospect like Adams from St. Louis there next year.

I think it's becoming quite clear that St. Louis isn't ready to part with Adams yet. They could prove me wrong today but I'm skeptical.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
I think it's becoming quite clear that St. Louis isn't ready to part with Adams yet. They could prove me wrong today but I'm skeptical.

Yep, I can't see them giving up players on their major league roster right now given their offensive struggles.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
Sox really need to package Rios, Reed, and cash to the Pirates for some solid prospects as soon as possible. Then try selling St. Louis on Alexei and cash for Wong or something.

It better be some darn good prospects. That said, I think the Pirates go with Schierholtz to platoon with Tabata.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)

You just made me laugh my head off with this post. I couldn't agree more. However, I am pretty sure we are stuck with the big lug for only ONE more season. Since the Sox will endure a rebuilding type season next year, having Dunn contribute those strike outs will only help out the long term cause in acquiring another top 3 pick.

Remember, the Sox are soo far behind prospect wise that having seasons like this will actually help them long term. Getting two top 5 picks in '14 and '15 will help boost up the system quite a bit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 08:38 AM)
Yep, I can't see them giving up players on their major league roster right now given their offensive struggles.

I've gotta say, getting Adams could sure make this rebuild business a lot smoother....

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 08:38 AM)

Holliday & Beltran aren't exactly pillars of health either. People make it sound like the Cards have zero use for Adams, but he gives them the option to move Craig around as needed, I think he is a vital part of their offense, even if he isn't technically an everyday player.