Alex Rios Appreciation Thread

LittleHurt05

I liked Rios enough. He wasn't one of my favorites, but I certainly didn't share the hate that some had for him. I am glad, however, that he's been traded. I'd like to see a decent return. I don't know much about Garcia Part II (if it ends up being him), but if he can help in some way AND the saved money is spent wisely, I'm okay with the trade.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 01:46 PM)
Played better when he was under less pressure.

Ehhh the .750 OPS this year with the team playing like dogs*** compared to the .850 he put up last year with the team in contention till the very end kind of strongly disagrees with that idea. As do the multiple walk-off hits Rios had in a Sox uniform.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
Ehhh the .750 OPS this year with the team playing like dogs*** compared to the .850 he put up last year with the team in contention till the very end kind of strongly disagrees with that idea. As do the multiple walk-off hits Rios had in a Sox uniform.

Also his career numbers with RISP are almost exactly the same as with the bases empty. Sounds like a bulls*** statement.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 02:14 PM)
The 3 run walk off home run in 2010 was pretty sweet. Thanks for that Alex.

Beside that, I will probably forget you were on Sox in 10 years.

It's fun to think about stuff like that. Like remember when Kenny Lofton was on the White Sox? And the Sox almost traded Jon Garland for Darin Erstad?

Thanks for posing for pictures for me Alex. You ego maniac.

That was just about the only good memory of you I'll have.

Bye bye!

Mugagagagagahahhahahahahahhaha

Edit:

Forgot to say...

YES!!

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 07:24 PM)
It's fun to think about stuff like that. Like remember when Kenny Lofton was on the White Sox? And the Sox almost traded Jon Garland for Darin Erstad?

I said that because yesterday I remembered Andruw Jones as a Sox. I had completely forgotten about that.

I was really pumped for Kenny Lofton and he had that great first month or two, and then just wore down. Was amazed how many more years he played after that.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)
riospeace.jpg

Awesome. I had mixed feelings about him, probably like many Sox fans. Often I wished we had never got him but all in all, he was alright and at times he was pretty damn good. Overall, I think he was kinda unfairly hated by some, but oh well. Say hi to AJ!