How will ozzie be remembered?

ron883

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly will always owe him for 2005 and it was fun having him as a crazy manager for 2004, 2005 and part of 2006. Then it wasn't fun anymore. And then it inconceivably dragged on for YEARS when he probably should have left after 2007.

I remember breaking up with a girl because things hadn't gotten bad, just "meh." She didn't understand at the time, but I said "Better to break up while we still like each other rather than drive it into the ground and break up when we never want to see each other again."

The latter is what happened to Ozzie. But I can still look back and think only of the good times (aka "nostalgic recall")--I just never want to see him manage the Sox again.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 01:28 AM)
Do you really believe he's a piece of s*** human being? Do you have evidence of that? I hope you are not basing that on supporting his children and negotiating with another team with 3 days left in a lost season. Proof of the POS claim please.

As a human being, no, Ozzie is not a POS.

However, negotiating a contract while under contract is about as low as you can get as a manager sans betting. He QUIT with three days left, meaning he had been negotiating for a while. And he also upstaged Buehrle's last start as a White Sox player and had mailed it in long before he officially quit.

Greg, stop trying to have your cake and eating it to.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 01:37 AM)
Somebody on here called him a POS human being and I was responding to that. I mean people have to think before they write some of this stuff. This is just a sport. Not life and death. Players and managers come and go. Ozzie isn't the only guy in the White Sox organization with a HUGE ego.

And you call people bums who never try.

Ozzie may have the biggest (relative) ego in Chicago sports history.

His first 3 years managing were a hell of a fun ride, then he made it Mr. Bones' Wild Ride. Backstabbing an organization, leaking info about the inner workings and players, and throwing players under the bus unnecessarily doesn't make you an A+ human being exactly.

And I'll say it right here, Kenny deserves more credit for '05. He got those players and had impressive move after impressive move.

I'd say he and Ozzie have it about even in terms of credit, but Kenny more so.

Do you really believe he's a piece of s*** human being? Do you have evidence of that? I hope you are not basing that on supporting his children and negotiating with another team with 3 days left in a lost season. Proof of the POS claim please.

You still don't seem to get it. He was negotiating with the Marlins WAY before there were three games left in the season. Plus, Greg, plus he still had a year left on his contract. That was a POS move. He became a POS manager his last couple years; blaming players, leaking info through his meddling kids, and picking fights with the GM.

Good riddance to him, and he got what he deserved in Miami.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 01:32 AM)
As a human being, no, Ozzie is not a POS.

However, negotiating a contract while under contract is about as low as you can get as a manager sans betting. He QUIT with three days left, meaning he had been negotiating for a while. And he also upstaged Buehrle's last start as a White Sox player and had mailed it in long before he officially quit.

Greg, stop trying to have your cake and eating it to.

3 days AND a year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 01:37 AM)
Somebody on here called him a POS human being and I was responding to that. I mean people have to think before they write some of this stuff. This is just a sport. Not life and death. Players and managers come and go. Ozzie isn't the only guy in the White Sox organization with a HUGE ego.

This is "just a sport" says the guy who gets visibly upset when the White Sox lose during a soon to be 90 loss season.

Yes I do. He's an alcoholic, bigoted asshole who supports dictators, has the nerve to negotiate a contract with a different employer while under contract, and shows such a lack of respect for his employers and himself that he makes his bench coach do warm up drills while he plays on his IPad in his office before games.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 01:47 AM)
And you call people bums who never try.

Thank you for pointing out this hypocrisy. There are days where all greg ever DOES on here is make bold, insulting personal conclusions about players for which he has no information about.

i do, and i wish nothing but ill things upon him

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 11:14 PM)
I would have loved to have him back the final year. I don't think many White Sox fans on this board would have been happy about that. Perhaps Jerry would have let Ozzie play out his contract despite the fighting with Kenny. I'd have been happy with that. I'm thinking the Sox front office did handstands in joy when Ozzie started negotiating with Miami. So I don't understand people blasting Ozzie for signing with Miami when those people wanted him gone, anyway.

What was he doing well in his final years as the manager? please, tell me. I really have no idea why you would want him back aside from 2005. If any other manager pulled the numerous crap he pulled, you would hate him. hence, why pretty much everybody hated him during the final years...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 11:14 PM)
I would have loved to have him back the final year. I don't think many White Sox fans on this board would have been happy about that. Perhaps Jerry would have let Ozzie play out his contract despite the fighting with Kenny. I'd have been happy with that. I'm thinking the Sox front office did handstands in joy when Ozzie started negotiating with Miami. So I don't understand people blasting Ozzie for signing with Miami when those people wanted him gone, anyway.

Man, shut the hell up. Ozzie refused to have a contract with only one year on it. That's well known.

Blasting him because he is a piece of s*** person in terms of being a baseball manager, where post-2005 he was a petulant child who didn't learn to shut the f*** up.

My favorite Ozzie moment was at the end of Aug'11, when we were heading into a big series with the Tigers (only 5 games back at the time), Ozzie felt that was the correct time to publicly demand an extension, despite having a year left on his contract. The reason? He didn't want to enter the following season as a lame-duck manager, obviously a pressing concern.

Anyways, Sox end up getting swept by Detroit and go 11-17 in September to close out the year.

He proved in that moment that he cared more about himself than the fans, team, or organization. How anyone could defend this douche blows my mind.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 07:09 AM)
My favorite Ozzie moment was at the end of Aug'11, when we were heading into a big series with the Tigers (only 5 games back at the time), Ozzie felt that was the correct time to publicly demand an extension, despite having a year left on his contract. The reason? He didn't want to enter the following season as a lame-duck manager, obviously a pressing concern.

Anyways, Sox end up getting swept by Detroit and go 11-17 in September to close out the year.

He proved in that moment that he cared more about himself than the fans, team, or organization. How anyone could defend this douche blows my mind.

This, right here, is the Truth.