2014 Cubs Catch-All Thread

cabiness42

Baez is a mess at the plate. Other than that first series against Colorado he's been absolutely horrible. Not shocking given his age and his strikeout problems in the minors but it is going to be really interesting to see how he adjusts. He has a ton of talent and his power is insane but his approach and plate discipline is really really bad so far.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 02:30 PM)
Yea, it only looks bad because they are comparing it to the years when they were consistently over 3 million every year no matter what.

Sure it’s down a little now but they were drawing over 2.5 million in the early 2000’s as well when they were losing 90+ games a year. Another couple years of missing the playoffs and they’ll be under 2 million.

It's hard for someone who didn't live through it to forget how much hype Sosa and the HR binges got in Wrigley...which lasted until Prior and Wood came along to provide some hope that there would be pitching to finally go along with all the offense.

For at least five years or so, that was THE reason to go to a Cubs' game.

Looks like it's gonna be Jorge Soler time now. Strong rumors he is being called up. One of my favorite prospects in their system not counting the beast that is Bryant. Gonna be fun to see him play up here.. unfortunately with the Cubs.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 04:16 AM)
Looks like it's gonna be Jorge Soler time now. Strong rumors he is being called up. One of my favorite prospects in their system not counting the beast that is Bryant. Gonna be fun to see him play up here.. unfortunately with the Cubs.

It's amazing how well their main prospects have been in the minors this year, outside of Almora. Hopefully these guys flop in the majors.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 10:41 PM)
It's amazing how well their main prospects have been in the minors this year, outside of Almora. Hopefully these guys flop in the majors.

Yeah, prior to this season I was so sick of hearing how great all these prospects were, that even though I'm not a Cubs hater, I was hoping they would all fail terribly this year. Instead, they have all pretty much had great years. CJ Edwards was about the only one having a bad year (injury), and he even has been really good his last 2 starts in AA since returning.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/08/brav...-offseason.html

Talks of a rumored deal that would have sent B.J. Upton to the Cubs (perhaps along with a pitcher or cash) in exchange for Edwin Jackson have been circulating over the past couple weeks, and David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that it could be because the Braves would like to rekindle those talks in the offseason.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 11:19 PM)
Baez currently has a 44.4% K-rate. The highest K-rate ever recorded in a season by a qualified hitter was Chris Carter, just last year, at 36%.

The kid has crazy power, but his contact skills are atrocious.