Alejandro De Aza's value

witesoxfan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully he is worth a swap of ML talent.

The Giants are said to be looking for a LF and would love to pry Edwin Escobar away from them as they dont have position players at 3B or C that would be a match.

The Mariners need help in the OF and I would call to see how down they are on Montero or Ackley who presumably dont have a position for the forseeable future.

I have no idea what he's like, but an interesting name that I saw in the O's system was Michael Ohlman. He was an 11th round pick in 2009. Was busted at the beginning of the year for a drug of abuse - probably weed - and suspended 50 games. He came back and tore it up after his suspension, and put up a .313/.410/.524/.934 in A ball this year. He was also just added to the 40-man to protect him. Again, I'm assuming he's worth more than De Aza, but that's the type of deal I'd look to make.

OK, this idea is crazy on too many levels but here goes.

Flowers and DeAza for Weiters. I know Boris is Weiters agent but KW no longer sits in the GM seat so would a possible extention be too crazy? Switch hitter with some power would help this team no doubt and the Sox have payroll space. Doubtful DeAza and Flowers is snuff but you get the general idea. Maybe add Rienzo to the mix? :ph34r:

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:01 PM)
OK, this idea is crazy on too many levels but here goes.

Flowers and DeAza for Weiters. I know Boris is Weiters agent but KW no longer sits in the GM seat so would a possible extention be too crazy? Switch hitter with some power would help this team no doubt and the Sox have payroll space. Doubtful DeAza and Flowers is snuff but you get the general idea. Maybe add Rienzo to the mix? :ph34r:

js24w_yeltsin_wideweb__470x343,0.jpg

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)
He was a 3B in the minors and had to move when he hit the majors because of the presence of David Wright.

Ok. He could be extended to keep him around longer. He can hit, runs a bit too. Let's do it.

Edit: Left handed bat too. Get on the horn Rick.

Edited by StRoostifer