2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

I think I actually like the second one in the Hobbit series more than the first, but you always knew it was going to pale in comparison to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Can't say it was the wrong step not to have the Hobbit first, because the interest might have waned before they ever got to LOTR.

Sort of like what happened with the C.S. Lewis series following The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 12:21 PM)
I think I actually like the second one in the Hobbit series more than the first, but you always knew it was going to pale in comparison to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Can't say it was the wrong step not to have the Hobbit first, because the interest might have waned before they ever got to LOTR.

Sort of like what happened with the C.S. Lewis series following The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

cs lewis movies were great and entertaining.

with re the hobbit, it is about the action. that is why I am thinking the last one is going to be

even better. the 5 armies and the battle.

the lord of the rings (lotr) trilogy, was always better. I read all the books and it just grab me and I couldn't

put it down until I finished. anyways, the cost of making the movie and the rtn, peter jackson needed

the success of lotr to finance everything else.

btw, a side note, peter jackson made their investment including salary, they made it back on the first

hobbit. these last 2 are nothing but shear profit.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)
Watched Lee Daniel's The Butler.

It was a pretty good semi-bio pic.

It's a good watcher but very Hollywood pumped up.

I agree, it was a good movie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 10:16 PM)
It'd take a lot for me to go back to see a Sandler movie after Grownups. Oh boy, that was a snoozer. You'd have had to pay me a minimum of 100 bucks to go see Grownups II.

I liked the first one, I will watch the second one if its the only thing on.

Then again, I smoke a lot of weed.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 04:18 PM)
I liked the first one, I will watch the second one if its the only thing on.

Then again, I smoke a lot of weed.

then you should really enjoy clockwork orange.

Yeah, Boyhood. Don't get me wrong. I liked it but when I think back, not much happens in 12 years. I get it, it's about his journey to becoming a man, but more emotional experiences could've been more realistic. Also the kid didn't turn into a good actor.

Still worth seeing. I'm nitpicking.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 06:41 PM)
What was unrealistic about the emotional experiences? I thought the criticism of realism and not much happens were more common.

There wasn't enough of them except for the two stepdads. And why couldn't they have been different?

Haven't seen it...pretty sick of the entire Marvel universe at this point, and I really enjoyed the latest XMEN movie...but I'm boycotting all superhero movies or movies based in those universes for the time being.

It's just overload now.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
Haven't seen it...pretty sick of the entire Marvel universe at this point, and I really enjoyed the latest XMEN movie...but I'm boycotting all superhero movies or movies based in those universes for the time being.

It's just overload now.

I feel sorry for you.

I just love the large (cohesive) story being created within so many different properties. It isnt perfect, of course, but they have really done a great job with it. Each movie feels like its own story

I saw the leaked supposedly real logos for the upcoming movies, and if they all come true, holy s***.