2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

So I think maybe my Madden 15 connection problem may actually have been on my end. Since my PS3 was getting 100% signal on my WiFi, I didn't think my PS4 would do much worse. Well it was apparently only at about 22% strength. I moved some things around in my room, rearranged my PS4 closer to the router (router is downstairs), and my signal strength is now around 50-60% and Madden is responding much better. Moving between features online actually respond is under 5 seconds, and I was able to do all my game prep stuff without being kicked off the servers. Maybe I won't be trading it in.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
In case anybody out there ever played / still plays Titanfall, the game has been reinvigorated. Last week they put out a big update that includes a new horde mode-styled game type, new achievements, a new ranking system, and much faster lobby loads. Today, the game is half off and the DLC (9 maps) is $8.25 instead of $25. I'm assuming it's all motivated by the looming Halo release, but for anyone who's still a fan of the game it's a good time to jump back in.

Love this game. That's cool that they added a Horde mode type game play. I'm going to have to check that out.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 25, 2014 -> 08:04 AM)
Wow. Had no idea something like this was coming.

Wow.

So back in the day there was a Nintendo Power help line where these guys would walk you through very tough levels as part of the subscription. This just took something to a whole different level of maybe paying someone to get you through a part of the game in real time.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 12:55 AM)
I'm really itching to try this out, but everytime I see a friend online, they are watching Netflix.

Be careful hosting a shareplay request with strangers. Read a post on the Destiny subReddit about a player who messaged another player in the Tower "Hey man

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
Be careful hosting a shareplay request with strangers. Read a post on the Destiny subReddit about a player who messaged another player in the Tower "Hey man

Lmao, what assholes. But I'm sure you can take back control of the game if you need to, right? There has got to be that option.

So Sony seems to be selling off everything but the console/gaming part of the business. Pretty crazy to see a tech giant like them cutting off multiple pieces to stay alive. They could end up being purely a gaming company in the near future

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 9, 2014 -> 09:48 AM)
So Sony seems to be selling off everything but the console/gaming part of the business. Pretty crazy to see a tech giant like them cutting off multiple pieces to stay alive. They could end up being purely a gaming company in the near future

That's cause they're kind of irrelevant everywhere else.

Their smartphones, while good, aren't popular. They're no longer the king of the TV market.

The only thing they're really known for today is the Playstation brand.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 12:37 AM)
Just picked up Shadow of Mordor from a friend. I'm not a big LoTR guy, so I don't really understand what was going on in the opening video, but so far it definitely has an Assassin's Creed feeling to it.

I just beat the PC version this last weekend. It's a really fun game. The story isn't anything deep or crazy, and you really don't need to know much about the LoTR world except the basic storyline of the LoTR movies.

Once you get your bow upgraded and you get used to the combat system you can fight 50 guys at once and feel like a total bad ass. I'm hoping they come out with more DLC content because the main storyline is kinda short.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
looking forward to the MarioKart 8 DLC today, especially the excitebike and F-zero tracks. They might as well call it Nintendo Kart now

I second you on that, Link is my favorite character so pretty excited to race as him.

On a different note, I'm ready to buy a PS4 this Black Friday. Might as well get GTA and TLOU bundle at BB

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 09:20 AM)
I second you on that, Link is my favorite character so pretty excited to race as him.

On a different note, I'm ready to buy a PS4 this Black Friday. Might as well get GTA and TLOU bundle at BB

I'm still torn on what system to get. Usually I'm a Sony guy, but there are no games out for that system and won't be until next year. The AC Unity bundle on xbox one intrigued me, I like the price point, but the reviews for the game aren't so great. It's difficult to believe these consoles are selling so well when there's not much to play.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
I'm still torn on what system to get. Usually I'm a Sony guy, but there are no games out for that system and won't be until next year. The AC Unity bundle on xbox one intrigued me, I like the price point, but the reviews for the game aren't so great. It's difficult to believe these consoles are selling so well when there's not much to play.

I agree but I haven't touched GTAV on PS3 to wait for it on PS4 so might as well bite on the bundle. Plus the new Batman game comes out early next year!

On the Xbox note, I heard AC Unity game was real buggy so idk if that means anything to you. I've been a PS guy but Xbox i think is going to be cheaper on BF and has basically the same games as PS.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 09:36 AM)
I agree but I haven't touched GTAV on PS3 to wait for it on PS4 so might as well bite on the bundle. Plus the new Batman game comes out early next year!

On the Xbox note, I heard AC Unity game was real buggy so idk if that means anything to you. I've been a PS guy but Xbox i think is going to be cheaper on BF and has basically the same games as PS.

Yeah I read it was buggy too. Buggy and not much advancement in the game. I don't think that's enough to get me to buy a console. I've been having more fun with PC games recently.

I'd buy a PS4 tomorrow if a new Uncharted or Last of Us game was out. But that's not until next year.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 12:59 PM)
Man, Shadow of Mordor is hard. I die a LOT. It's so annoying when you clear an area of bad guys, but then as soon as you encounter a captain or warchief, about 20 other guys suddenly appear. Too easy to get swarmed.

You gotta run away and/or advance the main plot to get more skills.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
My friends who work for banks today are honoring our veterans the only way they know how - by playing Halo MC Collection for literally the entire day.

Hopefully they had more luck with the game than I did. It took me two hours to install the game and once it finally installed the entire match-making system was down. I was really looking forward to playing some Halo 2 multiplayer, hopefully they get the server issues resolved soon.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 01:35 PM)
Hopefully they had more luck with the game than I did. It took me two hours to install the game and once it finally installed the entire match-making system was down. I was really looking forward to playing some Halo 2 multiplayer, hopefully they get the server issues resolved soon.

Kotaku had an articles about how many problems they have been having with online. It surprised me that they hadnt worked out most of the bugs before rolling it out.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 01:35 PM)

Ha, they did not. One of them got called into work and the other had to deal with slow download speeds for the 20 gig day 1 patch, then ran into the crappy matchmaking anyway. I've had about an hour playing custom games with friends and it was like I was a teenager again, just a blast and the game (Halo 2 in this case) still played fantastic if a little slow after all the Titanfall I've logged. But beyond that, matchmaking hasn't worked yet for me and I've been doing the Halo 1 campaign, which is fine for now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
Kotaku had an articles about how many problems they have been having with online. It surprised me that they hadnt worked out most of the bugs before rolling it out.

And they aren't small bugs. This is what 95% of people who own the game bought it for and it is flat broken. Kind of mind-boggling.