Matt Lindstrom is the closer

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 11:55 AM)
This is probably difficult too, just like the game of baseball itself.

119 posts, and I'm guessing about 60 of these are directed at me because I once said the game of baseball can be complicated at times even in its simplicity.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 06:11 PM)
Weren't pretty much all of the Sox pitchers down on velocity in KC? Danks sat at 86-89. Johnson around 90. Sale today was hovering at 92-93 after sitting in the mid/upper 90s last start.

I wonder if the park gun in KC is down a tick.

Sale demolished Butler on a 96 mph fastball at the top of the zone.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 11:06 PM)
I don't think Lindstrom is healthy right now. His velocity is way down. He was sitting around 90, and touching 92-93 tops.

He was shaky again today. Do you really think he could be hurt or it's just a process of getting in he groove?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 11:41 PM)
My wonder is if he aggravated what was bothering him in the spring.

Put him on the DL then. He's got to be the worst Sox closer (on paper) since Hector, right? One of our worst closer candidates in history. If he's ailing, that makes it even worse.

Is Webb any good???

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)
Put him on the DL then. He's got to be the worst Sox closer (on paper) since Hector, right? One of our worst closer candidates in history. If he's ailing, that makes it even worse.

Is Webb any good???

Is Webb ready to be closer now? Probably not, but maybe a better option than Belisario.

They'll definitely try Jones and Belisario before they go to a rookie, but anything's possible if the veterans completely implode.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 09:24 PM)
Is Webb ready to be closer now? Probably not, but maybe a better option than Belisario.

They'll definitely try Jones and Belisario before they go to a rookie, but anything's possible if the veterans completely implode.

Webb will close by June. And that's from the top.