NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
Dakich on Twitter being adamant it was a flagrant foul. I don't know if it's in the rule book, but if so, it's absurd.

So every time a shooter gets boxed out on a live ball its a flagrant foul? Because that is what happened. That was a one and one situation so the ball is live when it leaves Trice's hand.

Bwhahaha. So f***ing ridiculous. I think the explanation makes it even worse. The ball is live after a shooter shoots a free throw on the front end of a one and one f*** faces. And Tate barely made any contact with Trice and Trice flopped like a little b****.

B9RHS_BIUAA15sm.jpg_large.jpg

Edited by whitesoxfan99

So the rule is that you can apparently call a common foul there (but that wasn't called) because Tate crossed the free throw stripe and made contact with Tate (although Trice flopped like crazy and there wasn't a lot of contact) but I literally don't think I've ever seen a player get called for a common foul for boxing out a shooter. However, the ball was live when the contact was made so the refs completely blew the call which is inexcusable given that they went to the monitor to make the call. But per usual there won't be any consequences for the refs literally making up a call.

Edited by whitesoxfan99