June 2 Game Thread Sox vs Dodgers

Heads22

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 03:57 AM)
The funniest thing all night was when Hawk said that if someone on the Sox didn't play the game the right way, they might get benched for a while.

If Hawk said that, and I trust you (I haven't been watching the whole game), then he's having an awful game, too. No way Robin would even say something to a player, much less bench him. It's against some unwritten baseball rule I'm sure to ask Gillaspie what the f*** he was thinking there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 10:57 PM)
The funniest thing all night was when Hawk said that if someone on the Sox didn't play the game the right way, they might get benched for a while.

More Hawk lies and BS!

Dodgers say thank you very much.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)
Beckham's defense has be nothing short of great this year. I know the defensive metrics have been down on him in the last couple years but scouts are going to love what they see from him. For all his hitting struggles over the years, you have to respect how far Beckham has come as a fielder. His speed is going to limit his range, but his defense just shows how hard he had worked at it.

:unsure:

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 10:58 PM)
I think Kershaw kind of going into the line of sight of Gillaspie when he was throwing, which made him short-arm that throw.

But yeah, there was absolutely no reason for him to throw that ball.

Agree, he also might have realized that he could have just tagged the 3B bag as he let it go.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
I know Beckham sucks too, but where the hell was Eaton on that popup? I thought he was suppose to be a burner?

Come on. That was a long way to go for Eaton. No way he was getting that ball

I really don't understand why ML infielders make the longer throw at times. Alexei almost always throws to first when there's a force available at second for the last out of an inning. Although these guys are great at it, there's still a higher probability of them screwing up a throw to first than screwing up a short throw to second.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 10:57 PM)
I don't know how Conor could be that f***ing stupid to not tag the base. If I was Robin I'd say something to him, rather than some f***ing unwritten rule where you can't call out a player. Ridiculous, Gillaspie! Get a clue out there at third base.

Look on the bright side - we've got the great Matt Davidson waiting in the wings. Where's all this great young talent I keep hearing about? The Sox sure don't seem to value defense much when they draft/sign/trade/call up players.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 04:01 AM)
Look on the bright side - we've got the great Matt Davidson waiting in the wings. Where's all this great young talent I keep hearing about? The Sox sure don't seem to value defense much when they draft/sign/trade/call up players.

A TON is going to have to change for Davidson to supplant Gillaspie at 3rd for the Sox. Neither are anything special on defense though.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (strike00 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 04:03 AM)
A chance to beat Kershaw and the sox give up 5 runs because Gillaspe decides to make the long throw rather than step on a bag.

Of course, he would have never been in that position if Beckham kept his glove down on an easy DP.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 11:01 PM)
He deserves credit for not bursting into tears about halfway through that s***show.

I would have been pissed off. Kershaw is not going to dominate the rest of the game and get a CG. These types of games piss me off more then anything