2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 28, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
Sure, but there seemed to be a media angle that the Bulls were going to f*** with Thibs and prevent him from getting a good job.

I am betting it was a Thibs angle hoping to get out ASAP so no jobs closed up.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2015 -> 12:23 PM)
Wondering if that was leaked by Thibs's side so that they got even more angry and just got it done.

Could be. I could also see the Bulls leaking that to entice offers and once they realized no one was going to give them anything they gave up.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 28, 2015 -> 11:22 AM)
Yeah I remember that. He did it on a national broadcast and also on the Zach Lowe podcast. It was clear trumpeting on Thibs' behalf. Reinsdorf was pissed about it too and that probably sealed his fate. Again though, add in the fact that the Bulls have only progressed so far, and i'm not sure why anyone is that upset about it. He was a great regular season coach and a great defensive coach. And he should get credit for the development of late 1st round talent. But he took them from point C to B and we need someone that goes from B to A. If the players were getting tired of him, which several apparently said so in their exit interviews, then a change has to be made.
I'm not convinced he's a championship level coach, his stubbornness, his rotations and some of the plays the Bulls ran after TOs in crunch time during the playoffs were cringe worthy.

Good riddance.

There have been very few changes from successful coach that ended up in elite coach. Collins to Phil, Jackson (if you could call him that) to Kerr. I don't trust Gar to do anything except look up names in an iowa phone book.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 28, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
I know there was smoke about Collins coming in as an assistant to Hoiberg.

There was an article in the Trib where Collins is quoted as saying he offered to work on Thibs staff as an assistant. Thibs said no.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 28, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
There have been very few changes from successful coach that ended up in elite coach. Collins to Phil, Jackson (if you could call him that) to Kerr. I don't trust Gar to do anything except look up names in an iowa phone book.

Lakers did that when they moved to Phil as well. Del Harris had been a very successful coach (massing a .659 winning %)

Hoiberg has a DVD on transition offense, I'm sold.

www.championshipproductions.com/cgi-bin/champ/p/Basketball/Fred-Hoiberg-Transition-Basketball-with-Six-Secondary-Break-Sets_BD-04322.html?mv_session_id=oIFTPG9gYjaR&id=oIFTPG9gYjaR

Then again Mark Trestman had a book that sold me too.

Why these things matter to me, I have no clue.

....ugh why aren't my links clickable?

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2015 -> 01:26 PM)
Dan Bernstein @dan_bernstein · 1h 1 hour ago

#Bulls sources: at least three starters ripped Thibs in exit interview, said they'd avoid team facility this summer if he were still there.

Very interesting. Wonder how much truth their is to this. I presume Gasol would have been one of them.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2015 -> 03:26 PM)

#Bulls sources: at least three starters ripped Thibs in exit interview, said they'd avoid team facility this summer if he were still there.

They always avoided the team facility in the summer because Thibs overwhelmed everyone being there 24/7. I thought that was like common knowledge.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)

I wonder if overall the disagreements with ownership were making him harden in his ways and thats what led to the failures we saw on the court this year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 28, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
Very interesting. Wonder how much truth their is to this. I presume Gasol would have been one of them.

Why? Gasol got to play like he always wanted to here.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 28, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
If Bernstein is right, which I doubt, I don't see Rose and Butler ripping anyone. Doesn't seem like their personality. Could see Jo, Pau, and Dumleavy though.

Everytime he types "sources" twitter should auto correct to "my brain"

QUOTE (Brian @ May 28, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
If Bernstein is right, which I doubt, I don't see Rose and Butler ripping anyone. Doesn't seem like their personality. Could see Jo, Pau, and Dumleavy though.

I cannot see Dunleavy ripping him. With that said, I would love Dunleavy back.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 28, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)
@FisolaNYDN: The front office rift with Thibodeau accelerated when coaching staff wanted to draft Draymond Green in 2012. They took Marquis Teague. Oops

Ugh, reading that hurts my eyes.