2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)
not even comparable. those guys were hurt. when rose sat out at the end of 2013 and 2014 he was not hurt. he was medically cleared, which is exactly the opposite of hurt. 100%? probably not, but he was not hurt. people defend rose because they want to like him. he flashed greatness, MVP one season in fact, and he's a local kid. alot of reasons to like him early in his career. but the past years, not so much. I can't even imagine what people would say about cutler if he did something similar...Rose doesn't even realize that he already gets a ton of slack from Chicago media/fans compared to other pro athletes in this town. with time, that too will fade, especially with comments like this and lack of hardware to back it up

If Cutler had made the Bears relevant immediately and won MVP of the league within 3 seasons, i'm sure he'd be treated like a god in this town.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 05:15 PM)
If Cutler had made the Bears relevant immediately and won MVP of the league within 3 seasons, i'm sure he'd be treated like a god in this town.

The MVP was great and yet they both have led their teams to the same point of the playoffs - conference finals. Do you not recall how Cutler was treated by media and fans alike for leaving that game early with an injury? He was absolutely blasted. Just like the Bears with cutler, the Bulls aren't winning the title as long as Rose is on the team. Just my opinion of course but I'm no longer a believer of this Derrick Rose. I hope he proves me wrong and makes me a believer once again

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)
Derrick wishes not to bring more catastrophic injuries upon himself by pushing it when dealing with minor injuries in the first week of the season, everyone loses their minds

If Derrick Rose could stop saying stupid things to the media, everyone would still be crying about the Bears.

Derrick wishes not to bring more catastrophic injuries upon himself by pushing it when dealing with minor injuries in the first week of the season, everyone loses their minds

If he put it a bit more like that, this wouldn't be an issue.

Instead, he made it sound like he's thinking about things other than his job, which you know doesn't bode well with Chicago fans.

I think what some who are ripping him are missing, is that Derrick is not very bright. What he says probably is not exactly what he means. But what he said was dumb. It wasn't, I might not be able to walk in 20 years, it was being sore at a graduation. He clearly was limited with his ankle injuries. His teammates are defending him. If he really meant he won't play a game because he might be sore in 20 years, they wouldn't be defending him. They know he isn't very bright. Derrick should not be subjected to these types of questions. BJ, Reggie and the Bulls have to realize this. Mike Dunleavy should speak for him. There would be no controversy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)
I'm still taking Kevin Durant.

Anthony Davis has so much potential on defense that I think it gives him the edge. Defensive anchors are hard to find and ones that can average 25 PPG are nearly impossible today. The sample size is still obviously really small, but Davis is putting up an O-Rating at a Durant/Lebron type level while putting up a D-rating at a Hibbert type level.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 12:40 PM)
I'm still taking Lebron or Durant.

Yup. AD is one of the best two way players this league has seen in a long time, but I'm still taking the best player since Jordan and the best scorer of this generation ahead of him.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 12:43 PM)
Anthony Davis has so much potential on defense that I think it gives him the edge. Defensive anchors are hard to find and ones that can average 25 PPG are nearly impossible today. The sample size is still obviously really small, but Davis is putting up an O-Rating at a Durant/Lebron type level while putting up a D-rating at a Hibbert type level.

I still think, that at the end of the day, the ability to close out a game and put your team on your shoulder offensively matters almost more than anything in the NBA. I'm not sure if AD will ever have the closing ability of LeBron or Durant.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 06:48 PM)
I still think, that at the end of the day, the ability to close out a game and put your team on your shoulder offensively matters almost more than anything in the NBA. I'm not sure if AD will ever have the closing ability of LeBron or Durant.

Where did you view peak Duncan.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 01:25 PM)
Where did you view peak Duncan.

Even with peak Duncan, I never thought he should definitely be the guy to take the last shot on that team. But then again, the Spurs are a really bad example of hero ball, which is kind of what I'm talking about right now.