2014-2015 NBA thread

Also, really confused by Clippers. They get outrebounded every game. Makes sense giving up a lot of offensive rebounds because their guards start sprinting trying to get fast break points right away.

But on the offensively, they also seem to leave the area right away and rarely contest rebounds. I get FB points, they are good at it. But why not commit fully to offense? If your defense is already terrible, try and grab more boards and create more offensive chances there.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
I also want to note that Noah has notched exactly 6 assists for 5 games in a row. If he gets 6 assists for 6 straight games, we might be at some sort of records here.

He also looked so much more comfortable with playing C again. I realize noah at PF is better than Gasol at PF defensively, but I feel like Noah at C is so much stronger at C that it's worth it.

Also, in the first five minutes, what I was allowed to see, Loved when Jimmy took Chris Paul matchup right away.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
apparently some rapper named Kid Ink. Deadspin has another pic of McBuckets photobombing, but it looks like they let him in that pic

Never even heard of the guy but I would imagine he got messed around with later in the locker room for this lol

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 06:03 PM)
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 15m15 minutes ago

Clippers had 2 fast-break points in Monday's loss to Bulls, tied for their fewest in the Chris Paul era (since 2011-12)

That's insane.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 05:44 PM)
It is, but it really didnt seem like they wanted to run. Griffin looked content to stay around 15-20 feet out and shoot

Then I am confused why they abandoned the floor after every shot. I don't understand the Clips in game strategies if they aren't gonna run. you know the bulls aren't gonna get out in transition either.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
He also looked so much more comfortable with playing C again. I realize noah at PF is better than Gasol at PF defensively, but I feel like Noah at C is so much stronger at C that it's worth it.

Also, in the first five minutes, what I was allowed to see, Loved when Jimmy took Chris Paul matchup right away.

I haven't been paying close enough attention to get the breakdown of how much Noah has been playing at PF.

But I agree that it makes no sense to constantly take your DPOY away from the basket to guard the PF, who's usually a stretch 4 these days. I know Gasol can protect the rim, but Noah does so much more around the rim than Gasol could.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 06:59 PM)
I haven't been paying close enough attention to get the breakdown of how much Noah has been playing at PF.

But I agree that it makes no sense to constantly take your DPOY away from the basket to guard the PF, who's usually a stretch 4 these days. I know Gasol can protect the rim, but Noah does so much more around the rim than Gasol could.

It's largely to protect Gasol from the P&R which he is notoriously horrendous at guarding.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 07:08 PM)
He couldn't be worse than the Carlos Boozer

Right, but Boozer at C would have been a nightmare, Gasol at C is not. But his rebounding is not as good as Noah's.

But this may be premature, as Noah was basically rebounding unchallenged yesterday. I don't understand how Blake/Jordan could be so bad. (edit: at rebounding)

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 01:10 PM)
Right, but Boozer at C would have been a nightmare, Gasol at C is not. But his rebounding is not as good as Noah's.

But this may be premature, as Noah was basically rebounding unchallenged yesterday. I don't understand how Blake/Jordan could be so bad. (edit: at rebounding)

Rebounding is all about effort.

from the start it really seemed like the Clippers were thinking "No Rose, no Pau, No problem". as soon as Jamal Crawford came in the game he just started jacking(and hitting, mostly) terrible shots without even looking at his teammates. LA looked very soft last night. I dont expect it to continue, because they are a very good team, but that is what I saw from them last night.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 01:19 PM)
from the start it really seemed like the Clippers were thinking "No Rose, no Pau, No problem". as soon as Jamal Crawford came in the game he just started jacking(and hitting, mostly) terrible shots without even looking at his teammates. LA looked very soft last night. I dont expect it to continue, because they are a very good team, but that is what I saw from them last night.

I saw the 1st half and neither team looked too hot, neither were hitting shots,especially the Bulls, Clips got a boost from JC hitting a few tough shots but overall both teams looked flat so it's good to see the Bulls ended up turning it up in the 2nd half.

Unless it's broken don't fix it. Noah's D at C has been amazing the last couple of years. Our D and rebounding has took quite a hit trying to implement the news guys into the rotation. In the long term, I too, would like to see more of Noah at C.

Then again, part of our struggle up to this point could also tie back to Noah's knee issues.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)

They tend to be a soft team though and for was good as they should be defensively, they aren't. A team with DeAndre and Griffin should be elite defensively with their coaches but they aren't.