2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:02 AM)
These are compliation of Cowley tweets before ^^^ this one.

Source: the term "reconsidering'' with Carmelo "might be a bit strong.'' Bulls were contacted by the Anthony camp, not Anthony. .. it was to let them know that Anthony is really being weighed down by his decision. No money was discussed, but Bulls sense they might a need a bigger boat, and quickly. Sign and trade still not moving the Knicks. Could Taj now be moved to free up more money? Hmmmmm.

Here's what I don't get about this, bulls and Knicks havent discussed sign and trade so how to we know it is even an obstacle? Honestly don't think Phil really wants melo.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:32 PM)
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account

‏@WojYahooNBA

Chris Bosh remained on pause with Houston on Thursday, awaiting word out of LeBron James, sources tell Yahoo. Still unwilling to jump - yet.

Houston should tell Bosh come now or forget it be a man Bosh!

The poor Thunder. They sit around and do nothing every offseason. If Houston gets Bosh, look out. What is the Thunder's problem.

I guess they'll just blame Brooks instead of the front office when they suck in the postseason again next year. They need a big guy who can score!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:06 AM)
The poor Thunder. They sit around and do nothing every offseason. If Houston gets Bosh, look out. What is the Thunder's problem.

I guess they'll just blame Brooks instead of the front office when they suck in the postseason again next year. They need a big guy who can score!

They are trying to get Gasol for the MLE. It's a small market and they are pretty much up against the cap. Their coach is a dips*** though.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:36 PM)
Houston should tell Bosh come now or forget it be a man Bosh!

This is the reason my gut tells me the Big 3 aren't going anywhere. Bosh isn't taking that Rockets offer because he knows LeBron is staying in Miami. Wade opted out of his contract because he also knew LeBron was re signing, they're supposed to be real tight, as if it's believable that Wade would leave millions on the table without knowing what's LeBron's next move.

For the life of me though, I just can't figure out why no one in LeBron's camp has squashed the LeBron to Cleveland rumors. If he does stay in Miami, there will be a lot of broken hearts again and none of it is LeBron's fault but his PR people did nothing to temper expectations. LeBron will look like an asshole again, even though the media was at fault.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 09:22 AM)
This is the reason my gut tells me the Big 3 aren't going anywhere. Bosh isn't taking that Rockets offer because he knows LeBron is staying in Miami. Wade opted out of his contract because he also knew LeBron was re signing, they're supposed to be real tight, as if it's believable that Wade would leave millions on the table without knowing what's LeBron's next move.

For the life of me, I just can't figure out why no one in LeBron's camp has squashed the LeBron to Cleveland rumors. If he does stay in Miami, there will be a lot of broken hearts again and none of it is LeBron's fault but his PR people did nothing to temper expectations. LeBron will look like an asshole again, even though the media was at fault.

Great post. Going to Cleveland doesn't make much sense IMO. Remember the bad blood with that owner before. I don't know why they haven't squashed the rumors either. That's why I was thinking he was going back.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 07:18 AM)
I'm assuming Lebron is going to Brazil for the World Cup final? Meaning no decision until Monday. Or he's getting as far away from Cle as possible.

He's leaving tomorrow.

Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops 1m

Rules of journalism state that anonymous sources should only be used to report facts, not opinions. @Chris_Broussard breaking that rule.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 07:31 AM)
Wait a second, didnt Sheridan report that Lebron to Cleveland was a done deal? Come on now, dont throw stones in glass houses

He did. He still is actually. He still could be right though too.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:31 PM)
Wait a second, didnt Sheridan report that Lebron to Cleveland was a done deal? Come on now, dont throw stones in glass houses

Sheridan better be careful, he's setting himself up for a pretty harsh reaction if this doesn't come true.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 07:34 AM)
He did. He still is actually. He still could be right though too.

He did say the announcement would be on the lebronjames.com website Wednesday evening. That doesn't seem like a fact or at least a true fact.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 08:00 AM)
He did say the announcement would be on the lebronjames.com website Wednesday evening. That doesn't seem like a fact or at least a true fact.

I don't remember him saying that and I checked his twitter and didn't see it but he does have a lot of tweets so may have missed it. He just said it would be on the site at some point from the one I saw. But yeah hard to think he would be the only guy to know something if he did.