2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
Second this. Never liked the guy. He always have either a tough guy look or an are-you-f***ing-kidding-me look on his face.

The fact that he fouled Jimmy that hard for no reason in the first pre-season game then puts his finger on Joakim's head is completely idiotic. It wasn't even like Butler was close to the hoop and about to score. He was dribbling up past half court.

I think it's a statement to the Bulls and want to continue to build the rivalry between the 2 teams. Wizards think they deserve respect as the number 2 banana in the East after beating the Bulls last year.

Or like you said, Pierce is just being a punk.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 12:05 AM)
I think it's a statement to the Bulls and want to continue to build the rivalry between the 2 teams. Wizards think they deserve respect as the number 2 banana in the East after beating the Bulls last year.

Or like you said, Pierce is just being a punk.

It's preseason! lol

I hope we kill them this season

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
Second this. Never liked the guy. He always have either a tough guy look or an are-you-f***ing-kidding-me look on his face.

I think he's going to slow down that team more than people think. Beal and Wall want to run and move. Pierce will turn into a black hole.

If anyone wants to read something humorous, read Cowleys tweets from the game last night. He clearly thinks Mirotic is nothing more than a project, and says it multiple times in different ways. But when Mirotic started lighting it up, instead of backtracking he started giving him back handed compliments like "what the Bulls have shown is that their 10th man is better than Washingtons 10th man".

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 07:01 AM)
If anyone wants to read something humorous, read Cowleys tweets from the game last night. He clearly thinks Mirotic is nothing more than a project, and says it multiple times in different ways. But when Mirotic started lighting it up, instead of backtracking he started giving him back handed compliments like "what the Bulls have shown is that their 10th man is better than Washingtons 10th man".

Ignore him and he disappears.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 01:01 PM)

Nikolai looked really nervous with all vets offensively, but part of that was Kirk Hinrich being a black hole last night. I really liked that Nikolai took over when he realized he was best on court. He was getting pushed around on rebounds though. Also everything autocorrected to Nikolai so apologies.

Man Taj and Hinrich were miserable last night.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 07:33 AM)
Nikolai looked really nervous with all vets offensively, but part of that was Kirk Hinrich being a black hole last night. I really liked that Nikolai took over when he realized he was best on court. He was getting pushed around on rebounds though. Also everything autocorrected to Nikolai so apologies.

Man Taj and Hinrich were miserable last night.

The entire frontcourt was miserable. IIRC, Pau, Taj and Noah combined to go 5/24 or something like that

I've always liked watching McDermott move without the ball. Last night, there were like 3 times in a few minutes where Brooks was dribbling, drew Doug's guy off and just kept dribbling instead of passing to McBuckets. I was oddly upset cuz I wanted to see him shoot a bunch.

Guess this isn't the summer League for Snell anymore.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)
I've always liked watching McDermott move without the ball. Last night, there were like 3 times in a few minutes where Brooks was dribbling, drew Doug's guy off and just kept dribbling instead of passing to McBuckets. I was oddly upset cuz I wanted to see him shoot a bunch.

Guess this isn't the summer League for Snell anymore.

Yeah the other players need to learn to play with him when it's not a set play. Thibs needs to drive this too.

Speaking of, all of the people that make non stop thibs jokes must have been impressed at the minutes last night and he's now sitting Rose and Noah tomorrow.

Here are some impressions I had from last night:

- If I had known before the game that I'd have to watch classic Kirk Hinrich dribble around the perimeter for the whole shot clock before taking a terrible shot (for what was an entire half) I would not have gone

- If I would have known that I could see Derrick Rose do a sweet hand switching layup I would have paid double

- Noah looks out of shape

- Gasol/Noah will work really well, but it's going to be a while before the offense is figured out. In order for this offense to be a step above it's former self, we need it to run through the two bigs and them to hit slashers since nobody else besides rose can create their shot off the dribble. They are a great duo to do this but needs time

- This team has no idea how to use McDermott yet, this will also take time. And holy crap is his release fast. He also is never off balance. Look at him coming off a screen vs Butler. Butler is always falling over

- Snell will probably not see the floor much if ever this year.

- Nikola is way faster than you'd imagine. He rotates well and has good handles, but is not strong enough to rebound yet.

- Nikola and Doug looked awkward with the starter/2nd line. I would not freak out about their getting lost on the court. They have to prove to Thibs they can perform the little things so that they can stay on the court. He knows they can shoot.

- Thibs did not send in the starters in the fourth. I think we can relax about his minutes this year. He definitely seems to get it.