2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 11, 2014 -> 07:20 PM)
Watching Cavs/Heat on espn news. I know it's preseason and all. But let's keep it 100. The Cavs are going to be filthy sick. They're going to be the best offensive, passing and rebounding team in the league. They've got the perfect mix of youth/vets. They're deep. The floor-spacing is going to be GOAT level. Only three teams with a shot are Spurs, Thunder and Clippers. That's it.

The Cavs aren't clearly better than those guys though when you count both sides of the court and they have competition in the East if the Bulls and maybe a few others can stay healthy. This will be a more fun season than the last few unless the whole league gets hurt again. It no longer has the cheating ringer team.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 11, 2014 -> 06:43 PM)
The Cavs aren't clearly better than those guys though when you count both sides of the court and they have competition in the East if the Bulls and maybe a few others can stay healthy. This will be a more fun season than the last few unless the whole league gets hurt again. It no longer has the cheating ringer team.

The thing is the Cavs have a higher ceiling than Miami due to their sheer size, youth and 3-point shooting. I'm not saying hand them the trophy. But this idea that the east is suddenly wide-open now is ridiculous. It's Cleveland and then the rest.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 11, 2014 -> 06:20 PM)
Watching Cavs/Heat on espn news. I know it's preseason and all. But let's keep it 100. The Cavs are going to be filthy sick. They're going to be the best offensive, passing and rebounding team in the league. They've got the perfect mix of youth/vets. They're deep. The floor-spacing is going to be GOAT level. Only three teams with a shot are Spurs, Thunder and Clippers. That's it.

^_^

Things I like so far: Taj working the post a lot more and holding off that less than stellar mid range jumpshot. Mirotic has really active hands on defense, leading to a few steals.

As I type this, Noah hasn't shown much so far, Larry Sanders just jumped over him for 3 offensive boards.

I hope Thibs isn't afraid to start DMD fast if we get off to slow starts. Even if he has trouble scoring, I think his energy would be good at the start of a game. Dunleavy has always been a bench guy to me anyway.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 11, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)
Things I like so far: Taj working the post a lot more and holding off that less than stellar mid range jumpshot. Mirotic has really active hands on defense, leading to a few steals.

As I type this, Noah hasn't shown much so far, Larry Sanders just jumped over him for 3 offensive boards.

I orginally wanted Taj starting over Gasol. I was dumb. Pau will take away stats from Noah but I like what he brings for us on D at the same time as Joakim. He's been blocking everything so far.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 11, 2014 -> 06:43 PM)

The Bulls are the only team in the East that even has a chance against Mia...Cleveland.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 08:43 AM)
I hope Thibs isn't afraid to start DMD fast if we get off to slow starts. Even if he has trouble scoring, I think his energy would be good at the start of a game. Dunleavy has always been a bench guy to me anyway.

If he has trouble scoring why the heck would we want him starting?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
The Bulls are the only team in the East that even has a chance against Mia...Cleveland.

If he has trouble scoring why the heck would we want him starting?

Do you see the words after I said "Even if he isn't scoring". And I'd rather him start and struggle scoring than Dunleavy and him struggling scoring.

DMD will bring more energy off the tip than MD.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)
Do you see the words after I said "Even if he isn't scoring". And I'd rather him start and struggle scoring than Dunleavy and him struggling scoring.

DMD will bring more energy off the tip than MD.

I saw it and I disagree with it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 09:32 PM)
I still love Nate Robinson

Saw that 27 footer he hit as the clock expired. As soon as he heaved it up, me and my buddy both basically said "watch that go in" at nearly the same time. Just not surprising with Nasty Nate.