2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
If the Heat ever wanted to trade Deng, I'd like him in our lockeroom and alongside Rose and Butler. Probably wouldn't work out but I'd be interested and I don't think his contract is all that bad. I think Deng would be interested too.

He'd be a great fit defensively, but what contract/s would fit under the cap?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
He'd be a great fit defensively, but what contract/s would fit under the cap?

I have no idea. I don't know if the Bulls have any TPE's or anything that would work or if there were enough fillers who could help get you to the amount where you could take on $10M. Or could you get a 3rd team in it with cap space who would buy draft picks and had an exemption to throw in. CBA is so darn complicated but I presume if you had McDermott, Snell, and a 1st rounder or something, you might be able to entice someone who is rebuilding. That said, I presume Miami won't want to trade Deng.

I am worried about the Cavs in the playoffs a lot more than Wizards or Hawks. 20-6 in the last 26 games Lebron played, tons of shooters, improving team defensively, and one of the few teams that could legitimately out rebound us. We're pretty evenly matched with the Wiz and there's a chance Hawks will cool off, but Cavs will always be the tougher matchup.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
I am worried about the Cavs in the playoffs a lot more than Wizards or Hawks. 20-6 in the last 26 games Lebron played, tons of shooters, improving team defensively, and one of the few teams that could legitimately out rebound us. We're pretty evenly matched with the Wiz and there's a chance Hawks will cool off, but Cavs will always be the tougher matchup.

Cavs are cruising. They are going to be there in the end and very well might be playing the best basketball in the east at that point.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 06:49 PM)
Cue mexsoxfan

Yeah, I'm not sold on the Cavs THIS year. When the game slows down and becomes a half court defensive battle as they do in the playoffs, especially in the East, the Cavs will still have Love and Irving out in the floor. The Heat won a bunch of games because they had an elite D to go along with LeBron. I still don't believe the Cavs can shut down the opponent offense, I don't care what they do during the regular season. The playoffs are a whole different animal. The East will come down to the Bulls, Hawks and Wizards, IMO.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:25 AM)
First off, if you didn't just flat out enjoy this game, well, you aren't a basketball fan. That game was fun, exciting, etc. Had the feeling of a playoff game out there with both teams flying all over the place. The energy levels from both teams were crazy high and it was damn exciting.

Rose had about the oddest game you'll ever see. On one hand, he was extremely aggressive offensively and did a nice job getting points in the paint and didn't settle too much for the 3 (until late in the 4th where you could tell his legs were getting tired). Defensively Rose was sick. It is what this team has missed all year, imo. When Rose plays D, he is a well above average PG defender and it is critical cause it makes everything else easier. Passing though, I cringe all the time with Rose. He does so many things that are fundamental no-no's and they lead to cookie turnovers and way too many. However, I think we are seeing more of them cause now he's bringing his game to a quicker level, higher energy, etc, and that means he's getting caught in more positions where he hasn't really gotten enough practice and still has a lot of rust.

Noah played huge tonight. Was running the court better than I have seen all year and much more active on the glass. Whole team was active on the glass (yes they gave up that tip in). Some huge shots late and big stones keeping in the game despite Golden State going on a few different runs.

Klay is the best 2 in the league. Dude is insane. He hit some extremely difficult and clutch shots in the 4th. Damn that was fun.

It was a crazy game. Not use to seeing the Bulls play fast, back and forth basketball like that. It was sort of frustrating they were playing into what the Warriors like to do but the end result is all that matters. I thought there was little chance we would win with Jimmy and 0% chance we would win without him so I was shocked. Team has a long way to go though

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 29, 2015 -> 12:51 AM)
It was a crazy game. Not use to seeing the Bulls play fast, back and forth basketball like that. It was sort of frustrating they were playing into what the Warriors like to do but the end result is all that matters. I thought there was little chance we would win with Jimmy and 0% chance we would win without him so I was shocked. Team has a long way to go though

The Bulls actually have looked much more comfortable in the fast western conference pace than in games vs Indiana/Miami

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 29, 2015 -> 06:58 AM)
The Bulls actually have looked much more comfortable in the fast western conference pace than in games vs Indiana/Miami

The weird thing is that a lot of these bad teams beating the Bulls (the Heat/Magic/Celtics) have been beating them by playing super up tempo, get the ball and run and try and score. Then they play teams out of the West and play that exact same game just fine. It is so confusing because it is not any different, except the opponents record.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
Hawks are playing fantastic basketball. Golden State has the star power but Hawks defense is superb. Also have highest winning percentage in the NBA vs. the Western Conference.

The Warriors play the Hawks soon. That should be a great game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 29, 2015 -> 10:19 AM)
Did the teams swap out basketballs between each possession?

I heard in the past that the showtime Lakers would overinflate their balls. I think each home team supplies the balls. The advantage there is that more air leads to longer rebounds which leads to easier fast breaks. It would also hurt teams that relied on shooting.

Deflating the balls would have the opposite effect. It would make it harder to fast break and the ball would be more forgiving for poor shooting teams.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 29, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
I heard in the past that the showtime Lakers would overinflate their balls. I think each home team supplies the balls. The advantage there is that more air leads to longer rebounds which leads to easier fast breaks. It would also hurt teams that relied on shooting.

Deflating the balls would have the opposite effect. It would make it harder to fast break and the ball would be more forgiving for poor shooting teams.

Back in those days there was even less regulation on things like basket construction and height. Larry Bird has been quoted saying the Boston Garden's hoops werent the same height at each end and at times would soften the rims.