2014-2015 NBA thread

Evidently Cowley was on some show and indicated there is a good chance Thibbs / Front Office are able to mend things up in the off-season. I think a lot of people, including Friedell, have indicated that unless we win it all, Thibbs is gone. However, it sounds like JR and Pax are big proponents of Thibbs and there is beginning to be more sentiment to have everyone get together in the off-season (and ideally level heads will prevail). Personally I hope it is true (I also hope we win it all).

Also pointed out it is unlikely Bulls will move Taj (to create minutes for Nik) as they view Taj as protection for Noah departing in 2016. Also indicated org is very confident of an early April return of Rose.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
Evidently Cowley was on some show and indicated there is a good chance Thibbs / Front Office are able to mend things up in the off-season. I think a lot of people, including Friedell, have indicated that unless we win it all, Thibbs is gone. However, it sounds like JR and Pax are big proponents of Thibbs and there is beginning to be more sentiment to have everyone get together in the off-season (and ideally level heads will prevail). Personally I hope it is true (I also hope we win it all).

Also pointed out it is unlikely Bulls will move Taj (to create minutes for Nik) as they view Taj as protection for Noah departing in 2016. Also indicated org is very confident of an early April return of Rose.

In other words, Mariotti Cowley is just taking the least popular opinion route... again.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
In other words, Mariotti Cowley is just taking the least popular opinion route... again.

I couldnt disagree with this more. The prevailing thought nationally and locally is that the front office has been pretty ridiculous here. If they patch things up, that would seem to go with the popular opinion

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 11:46 AM)
I couldnt disagree with this more. The prevailing thought nationally and locally is that the front office has been pretty ridiculous here. If they patch things up, that would seem to go with the popular opinion

By that I meant every other person has said they are cutting ties after the end of the year and there's no hope at reconciliation. He's the only one I've heard say there's hope this could last.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
I'd rather not replace Thibs with a guy whose team just lost to a 14 seed in the NCAA tournament.

sometimes things happen, that is why there is word called upsets.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)
sometimes things happen, that is why there is word called upsets.

There is but if you are removing Thibs, it can't be because of his regular season record. And if it is about playing time, this year he has been stuck with minutes limits for a lot of players, so they can't get him for killing the players. The only thing they can use as a reason is lack of playoff success. Moving on from him and hiring a guy whose 3 seed team lost to a 14 seed in the round of 64, and using that excuse, would be sort of insane. Of course I am assuming Hoiberg would be the coach, and there are those that probably know more than me that think he wouldn't leave Ames.

But if a lack of postseason success is the reason they use to move on from Thibs, since GarPax has pretty much been denying any rift even though the entire world knows, they are going to have to hire someone with a track record of postseason success to at least look a little truthful at the press conference. For once, I hope Cowley is right. Losing Thibs over pettiness and/or ego would be a huge mistake.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)
There is but if you are removing Thibs, it can't be because of his regular season record. And if it is about playing time, this year he has been stuck with minutes limits for a lot of players, so they can't get him for killing the players. The only thing they can use as a reason is lack of playoff success. Moving on from him and hiring a guy whose 3 seed team lost to a 14 seed in the round of 64, and using that excuse, would be sort of insane. Of course I am assuming Hoiberg would be the coach, and there are those that probably know more than me that think he wouldn't leave Ames.

But if a lack of postseason success is the reason they use to move on from Thibs, since GarPax has pretty much been denying any rift even though the entire world knows, they are going to have to hire someone with a track record of postseason success to at least look a little truthful at the press conference. For once, I hope Cowley is right. Losing Thibs over pettiness and/or ego would be a huge mistake.

oh man, do not preach to the choir here. i am a huge Thibs fan and the biggest mistake the bull can do, is fire Thibs, plain and simple. Fred success in college does not translate to success in the nba. i thought the bull have learned that from the last college coach, Pinky. ;)

that post you were responding to, i should have used green. sorry.

i was reading, nba rumors, how it is now being said in the bull side, that JR and Pax are fans of Thibs. how did this tide change????

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)

What if they don't think they can win a title with Thibodeau as head coach? If that's the case, then they will get rid of him. Regardless of what we think, management thinks that he is one of the reasons why guys are always injured. I like Thibs but I've never understood why he's some deity that can't be criticized. The man has never won anything but it's looked at as blasphemy if he's ever criticized.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 21, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
What if they don't think they can win a title with Thibodeau as head coach? If that's the case, then they will get rid of him. Regardless of what we think, management thinks that he is one of the reasons why guys are always injured. I like Thibs but I've never understood why he's some deity that can't be criticized. The man has never won anything but it's looked at as blasphemy if he's ever criticized.

To criticize him for something that is not his fault is silly. Rose and Noah had upper management imposed minutes restrictions. They still miss a ton of games. Gibson's ankles are not Thibs fault. Butler injuries have had nothing to do with excessive minutes.

The Bulls have a roster full of injury prone guys. They could be totally healthy going into the playoffs, but that wouldn't last more than a game or two. Tthey get hurt more often than Chicago Bears.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 21, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
To criticize him for something that is not his fault is silly. Rose and Noah had upper management imposed minutes restrictions. They still miss a ton of games. Gibson's ankles are not Thibs fault. Butler injuries have had nothing to do with excessive minutes.

The Bulls have a roster full of injury prone guys. They could be totally healthy going into the playoffs, but that wouldn't last more than a game or two. Tthey get hurt more often than Chicago Bears.

I agree with you. Management doesn't though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 21, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)

They aren't winning a title because they haven't gotten a second star, not because of Thibs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
They aren't winning a title because they haven't gotten a second star, not because of Thibs.

? They have a guy who finished top-5 in MVP last year and 2 other deserving all stars this year.

They aren't winning the title because their first star isn't a star thanks to his legs.

For as excited as I was for this year, and as nice as it is to have a project to watch like Mirotic,

I really haven't enjoyed this season except December. Way too up and down.

I enjoyed the Augustin bulls way more even though this has way more potential when everyone gets back.

Obviously, if they have a real run in the playoffs all of this is erased :)