2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mirotic is seriously in the running for RoY. Wiggins is his only true competitor, IMO and his advantage in playing time plays a big role in that.

Most of the other rookies get more playing time than Niko, but they're all really inefficient offensively.

At this point in the season I cant help but be happy with the development and maturation of everyone other than Rose. We really had no idea that we had a max contract all-star in Butler or a bonafide all-star in Mirotic. If we thought it was a possibility we wouldnt have said it was a strong one. This basically alters the way we will think of this team for years to come. If these two didnt play out of their minds this year imagine how down we would be on this team. We would want the whole thing blown up no matter what happens in the playoffs.

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
At this point in the season I cant help but be happy with the development and maturation of everyone other than Rose. We really had no idea that we had a max contract all-star in Butler or a bonafide all-star in Mirotic. If we thought it was a possibility we wouldnt have said it was a strong one. This basically alters the way we will think of this team for years to come. If these two didnt play out of their minds this year imagine how down we would be on this team. We would want the whole thing blown up no matter what happens in the playoffs.

well not everyone.

Hinrich went from funny to hate, to being legitimately god awful. Taj really stepped back and has been injured, and Noah took way longer to get good this year than normal.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
well not everyone.

Hinrich went from funny to hate, to being legitimately god awful. Taj really stepped back and has been injured, and Noah took way longer to get good this year than normal.

Even if Kirk had a good year he still wouldnt effect the future outlook of the team. Taj was injured and thats a major part of him taking a step back. I still consider him a piece though.

Point is, the Bulls arent going to be bad anytime soon. They may be in basketball hell the next few years by having a really good team but never quite good enough to compete for the title but it will at least be something to watch.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
Did the Bulls dodge a bullet with both Carmelo and Kevin Love? Love isn't exactly lighting it up this season. He would have cost a mint in talent and $.

i never wanted them on the team. that would have cut the flexibility to do any moves. i wonder, who wanted them gar/pax or thibs??

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
Point is, the Bulls arent going to be bad anytime soon. They may be in basketball hell the next few years by having a really good team but never quite good enough to compete for the title but it will at least be something to watch.

Their big problem is obvious. They have the full time ultimate major max deal tied up in a player who hasn't been a max player for 3 years. They won't be able to change that for the next 2 unless he can return to what we saw in those couple February games and come close to being that $20 million player.

$20 million in cap space locked up in that one player is the killer.

Oh, and it is actually possible the Bulls could resume being bad quite soon. Just change coaches.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 12:33 AM)
Their big problem is obvious. They have the full time ultimate major max deal tied up in a player who hasn't been a max player for 3 years. They won't be able to change that for the next 2 unless he can return to what we saw in those couple February games and come close to being that $20 million player.

$20 million in cap space locked up in that one player is the killer.

Oh, and it is actually possible the Bulls could resume being bad quite soon. Just change coaches.

i don't know the rules, can the bull buy out Rose contract, is that the right terminology??

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 05:42 AM)
i don't know the rules, can the bull buy out Rose contract, is that the right terminology??

Buyouts were ended in their old form under this new CBA. Of course Rose's deal was cut under the new deal, so the cap implications are much nastier than the used to be.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 05:42 AM)

They could use the stretch provision if they wanted to. Rose is owed $40 million over the next 2 seasons. If they used the stretch provision, they could release him and pay $8 million per year on their cap over the next 5 seasons. I'd rather just take the 2 year big hit.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)
i never wanted them on the team. that would have cut the flexibility to do any moves. i wonder, who wanted them gar/pax or thibs??

Ask Chris Bosh what it is like to be a big man playing with LeBron. It should have been obvious he was going to have a big dip in numbers. If he left there, his numbers would be back up again.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 05:50 AM)
The cap is going to take a huge leap in a couple of years. How is the timing between Rose's contract expiring , and Anthony Davis being available to the highest bidder? Bring unibrow home.

this is where I'm at. Rose's contract will be coming off the books when the cap will explode. Bulls just need to keep core together until then to make decisions. Might catch lightning in a bottle like 11 mavs.

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 1h 1 hour ago

Rose on whether he's confident he'll play this season: "Oh yeah. I'm not worried about that. I don't have any pain."

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 55m 55 minutes ago

Rose said he should be cleared for contact sometime this week or next.

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 49m 49 minutes ago

Rose on Bulls: "We can be really good. It’s just all about everyone being healthy, a little bit of luck and everyone staying together."

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 1h 1 hour ago

Rose on whether he's confident he'll play this season: "Oh yeah. I'm not worried about that. I don't have any pain."

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 55m 55 minutes ago

Rose said he should be cleared for contact sometime this week or next.

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 49m 49 minutes ago

Rose on Bulls: "We can be really good. It’s just all about everyone being healthy, a little bit of luck and everyone staying together."

I wonder why everyone would be healthy and all of a sudden be able to remain healthy once the playoffs start. That is just not realistic.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
I wonder why everyone would be healthy and all of a sudden be able to remain healthy once the playoffs start. That is just not realistic.

Everybody's crossing their fingers. Should help.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
Buyouts were ended in their old form under this new CBA. Of course Rose's deal was cut under the new deal, so the cap implications are much nastier than the used to be.

thanks.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 09:47 AM)
this Kevin Love/Lebron thing is getting more awkward every day

I think it's a lot of nonsense really. We have this expectation that players all have to be great friends, otherwise there are problems. I don't think that's reality. There have been some weird comments that probably should have stayed private instead of on social media. That's about it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 12:35 PM)
I think it's a lot of nonsense really. We have this expectation that players all have to be great friends, otherwise there are problems. I don't think that's reality. There have been some weird comments that probably should have stayed private instead of on social media. That's about it.

Well nobody thought that until the superfriends hooked up together and we all started saying that players buddying up was the future of the NBA. Remember how our douchebag star player ruined our chances to get good players by not being friends with them?