2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
He didn't offer Lebron everything? He could have signed a better FA counterpart than Wade?

Couldnt sign them all this time. Lebron wasnt interested in playing for a discount again. And If Riley was smart he would have saddled himself with Bosh and Lebron instead of Wade and Bosh.

Wade has spent a lot of time injured in the last 5 years. I understand he was the face of the Heat, but it was time to let that guy test out FA for real

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
Pat Riley is complaining about Lebron leaving Miami and "contemporary free agency". He said the stars of the past would never leave. IIRC, Riley signed Lebron as a free agent.

someone should remind Riley, it is all about the money as he should know, b/c of what he paid to get players to play for him.

sounds like someone has a short memory span there.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
Couldnt sign them all this time. Lebron wasnt interested in playing for a discount again. And If Riley was smart he would have saddled himself with Bosh and Lebron instead of Wade and Bosh.

Wade has spent a lot of time injured in the last 5 years. I understand he was the face of the Heat, but it was time to let that guy test out FA for real

Didn't they have bird right's/the ability to offer max on all 3 since they were already on their roster?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 09:14 AM)
Didn't they have bird right's/the ability to offer max on all 3 since they were already on their roster?

Wouldnt it be better to retool the rest of the roster with the money you are saving by cutting out the guy that plays 50% of the games?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
Wouldnt it be better to retool the rest of the roster with the money you are saving by cutting out the guy that plays 50% of the games?

you have a good point there. the bird's right, but how many yrs would they sign for. in ref to yrs???

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)

Would that have actually gotten them under the cap far enough to make a difference with 2 other max deals on the books? I'm skeptical. Otherwise that's the difference between the MLE and the mini-MLE.

Maybe they could have traded him for something as an expiring but teams aren't doing that as much these days, they already moved most of their draft picks, and they wouldn't have been drafting highly in any of the picks they have remaining. How exactly would they retool that roster with something better?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
Pat Riley should have offered Lebron everything and let Wade walk

I don't think there's any chance Lebron would have signed with the Heat. He wanted to win more rings and that was very unlikely to happen in Miami.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 07:13 PM)
Bulls with a TERRIBLE 2nd half tonight. Good thing McDermott only got 5 minutes when he was on fire in the first.

lol I turned it off after halftime thought it'd be an easy win... turn it on in the 4th and we're down 15

only 15 games left til the playoffs... I think OKC gonna is gonna wreck us Sunday

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 3h 3 hours ago

Thibodeau said Rose is "on schedule, maybe even slightly ahead."

Thibodeau called it a "very good day" for all 3 injured players.

Thibodeau said Butler and Gibson practiced fully. Rose did part of practice.

Scottie Pippen @ScottiePippen · 50m 50 minutes ago

Very sorry to hear my old teammate, Jack Haley, has passed away. Great guy who I stayed in touch with over the years. RIP

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)

Thibodeau said Rose is "on schedule, maybe even slightly ahead."

Thibodeau called it a "very good day" for all 3 injured players.

Thibodeau said Butler and Gibson practiced fully. Rose did part of practice.

Scottie Pippen @ScottiePippen · 50m 50 minutes ago

Very sorry to hear my old teammate, Jack Haley, has passed away. Great guy who I stayed in touch with over the years. RIP

Wow that is very sad. Im sure Rodman is going to have 2 or 40 drinks in his honor

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
Does Comcast regularly replay Bulls games? I have a lot of work today and don't have DVR available to me today...

Think over night or the next afternoon sometimes of the games they broadcast.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)
Does Comcast regularly replay Bulls games? I have a lot of work today and don't have DVR available to me today...

if you have XFINITY they put them up on On DEMAND. Sports & Fitness \ Comcast Sportsnet \ Chicago Bulls

they usually leave the latest game up for a few days

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 05:08 PM)
This thread has been DEAD recently.

Bulls heir apparent just got ousted in the first round of the NCAA tourney as the #3 seed. Twitter is making a mockery of the Bulls egotistical front office. Nice collection of tweets in the link.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...-htmlstory.html

The next Bulls coach just lost in Round One to a 14-seed. You might want to start sticking up for your boy Thibs, Chicago fans.

— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) March 19, 2015

I'M ON BOARD