Tony Stewart purposefully ran someone over?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Doesn't he have the right to get out of his car when there's a yellow caution flag out?

Not to walk into the middle of the track and toward oncoming traffic, but at least get out under his own power...?

I'm sure there are certain protocols to follow and one of the more important protocols is most likely not to cross the track on foot during a race unless absolutely necessary (your car is on fire or exploding and there is nowhere else to evacuate)?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:20 PM)
Why is Tony Stewart still racing on dirt tracks, that is my question in all of this.

I know little about auto racing but what is the difference in that and Kane playing hockey in a church league?

He's still racing on dirt tracks because he likes it and owns teams I believe. He can if he wants to. He doesn't have a wife or kids and that's how he chooses to spend his time.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 01:02 AM)
Ah, so he just blindly slammed on the gas then. Even smarter.

If he would have hit the breaks on the dirt he probably would have still hit him. My first instinct would be to accelerate through as well. Get off the f***ing track.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:28 PM)
If he would have hit the breaks on the dirt he probably would have still hit him. My first instinct would be to accelerate through as well. Get off the f***ing track.

My first instinct would be to drive low on the track where it's flat and not near the guy yelling coming towards my car.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)
My first instinct would be to drive low on the track where it's flat and not near the guy yelling coming towards my car.

Right but you can't prove that he had enough time to do that. He's worried about driving and not seeing what that idiot was doing. You have been assuming an awful lot in this thread.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)

You know how hard it is to control those cars? Sudden movements on dirt is not a good idea. I'd imagine its more like driving on snow than asphalt or concrete. You're kind of stuck with whatever line you're on.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:44 PM)
Right but you can't prove that he had enough time to do that. He's worried about driving and not seeing what that idiot was doing. You have been assuming an awful lot in this thread.

I have to assume what my first instinct would be in that situation. I'm not a soothsayer.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:18 PM)
Doesn't he have the right to get out of his car when there's a yellow caution flag out?

Not to walk into the middle of the track and toward oncoming traffic, but at least get out under his own power...?

A caution does not mean the race stops. You remain driving your car. On dirt style tracks, at the very least, it will mean the person who caused the crash will move to the back and once the lines are reset, you start the race again from the lap the caution was caused. The only time it would be safe to get out of your car is on a red flag (on red flags, everyone stops moving immediately. This is almost 100% of the time due to a medical emergency) or if you are safely in the pits.

I haven't seen the video yet, but this guy should have never, ever gotten out of his vehicle.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)
Because he got in a couple of fights? Give me a break.

No, I will not give you a break. He has shown anger and retaliation on the track before. Of course people would think he would be more likely to be do something out of anger than Jimmie Johnson, whom I assume is not a hot head, based on your use of him as the other extreme.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 05:30 PM)

it's easy to say what your instincts would be since you have NEVER been in that situation or been on a track.

you really look foolish in this thread because it's obvious you have zero experience but you sure have all the answers.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 03:51 PM)
A caution does not mean the race stops. You remain driving your car. On dirt style tracks, at the very least, it will mean the person who caused the crash will move to the back and once the lines are reset, you start the race again from the lap the caution was caused. The only time it would be safe to get out of your car is on a red flag (on red flags, everyone stops moving immediately. This is almost 100% of the time due to a medical emergency) or if you are safely in the pits.

I haven't seen the video yet, but this guy should have never, ever gotten out of his vehicle.

I'm pretty sure his car was turned around backwards and against the upper fence...

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
No, I will not give you a break. He has shown anger and retaliation on the track before. Of course people would think he would be more likely to be do something out of anger than Jimmie Johnson, whom I assume is not a hot head, based on your use of him as the other extreme.

Tony Stewart is kind of an asshole and has had altercations so you think that means that he purposely tried to run over a person? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 05:01 PM)
It is strange it was Stewart who hit him and not the others that apparently saw him. Stewart has walked on a track befor, himself, even throwing his helmet at a car.

I don't think he tried to hit the kid, but scare him, most definitely. The guy belongs in jail, and the deceased's family should get some of his $70 million bank.

It was a dick move gone bad.

What's really strange is how you ignore that the guy in the car before Stewart has said he saw him at the last second and that Stewart would've had even less time to see him.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:57 PM)
Tony Stewart is kind of an asshole and has had altercations so you think that means that he purposely tried to run over a person? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

I never said he tried to purposefully run over a person. Stop having arguments that no one is having.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 05:57 PM)

go check out his comments during the NHL playoffs and you wont be surprised on this guy's stance.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)

Debating with you is pointless. You've got this biased view that tony did it purposefully and refuse to look at any evidence or theory that exonerates him. Continuing to puppet your theories as right even though you've openly admitted to knowing nothing about racing.

Maybe I should tell you about the time Tony Stewart won a race at Daytona and refused to celebrate the victory because debris from a huge accident flew into the stands and injured 28 people, and then he visited all the victims in the hospital. That's something CNN wouldn't tell you as it doesn't play into their story. Tony Stewart didn't cause that accident either so he had no obligation to do that.