White Sox v. Oakland A's

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol people are writing off Garcia? Come on if healthy he's a 4 tool player. Check the projections on him as well, it's not just scouts that love him he's projected for around 10 WAR through age 27.

It's terribly over used but his hit tool is legit, he's hitting 278 with all his experience coming before age 24. His OPS+ is 103. He's already a solid hitter, when he gets some experience under his belt he could be an excellent hitter. Not to mention he's fast and can field a bit if he continues to improve. I think personally he's been good since returning from injury in RF.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 11:26 PM)
65th win! I'm all for tanking but this win feels good wins are always good we're not gona get a top 5 pick.

that was a good win and once again the "right" guys are coming through...team still needs a boatload more talent though. Seems to be heading in the right direction though. This team is all together much improved (and cheaper and younger) than last year's finishing bunch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 10:09 PM)
He isn't even close to hitting breaking pitches of late. For as great of a season as he's had, it's disappointing to see his power completely disappear after the ASB

He's probably tiring out and feeling the effects of a 162 game season. I think they play roughly 90 games or so in Cuba and the Sox's 96th game was July 13th.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
lol people are writing off Garcia? Come on if healthy he's a 4 tool player. Check the projections on him as well, it's not just scouts that love him he's projected for around 10 WAR through age 27.

It's terribly over used but his hit tool is legit, he's hitting 278 with all his experience coming before age 24. His OPS+ is 103. He's already a solid hitter, when he gets some experience under his belt he could be an excellent hitter. Not to mention he's fast and can field a bit if he continues to improve. I think personally he's been good since returning from injury in RF.

I agree completely. Let's not forget, no one expected Avi to even be playing right now. Of course there's going to be some rough edges.

Edited by Señor Ding-Dong

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 09:39 PM)
I agree completely.

He's still a well below average fielder at this point in his career.

Fast in a 40-60 yard sprint isn't quickness, and that's why he will never be a basestealer...above 8-10 per season.

He also isn't "first step quick" in terms of his outfield jumps and reads.

On the other hand, he would make a great fullback in the NFL.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)
He's still a well below average fielder at this point in his career.

Fast in a 40-60 yard sprint isn't quickness, and that's why he will never be a basestealer...above 8-10 per season.

He also isn't "first step quick" in terms of his outfield jumps and reads.

On the other hand, he would make a great fullback in the NFL.

I see him more as a tight end.