**Official 2014 World Series Thread**

flavum

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official scorer gave Madison the win instead of the save, 3-0, 21 IP, 1 ER, wow.

I feel bad for KC fans, they deserve a title, but seeing Hosmer sulk and be upset made me remember why I rooted for the Giants. (see greg's post above)

Bulldog Peavy has won two World Series since leaving the White Sox, what a leader in the clubhouse!

Bumgarner's performance was incredible. 1 run over 20+ innings. Not to mention 5 innings in game 7.

And I think Gordon could have scored had he ran harder on that error by Blanco. He got caught in between in the worst possible situation. It didn't help that the LFer bobbled the ball on the warning track.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 10:35 PM)
My friend just said this was one of the most intense series of the past decade and that the Giants were the underdog.

No.

This was one of the worst World Series of the past decade and the Giants were certainly not the decade.

I could see why the Giants could be the underdog with the Royals steamrolling there way into the world series.

If I had to pick one signature moment of this Series, it has to be Panik's double play. Other than that, this was all Bumgarner. Great performance.

God damn Reds just had to win one game out of three at home in 2012. Now we're stuck with the even year thing for the next couple years.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 11:35 PM)
My friend just said this was one of the most intense series of the past decade and that the Giants were the underdog.

No.

This was one of the worst World Series of the past decade and the Giants were certainly not the decade.

Well the Giants were certainly not the decade, I'd agree.

I think this was a fabulous World Series, it was very exciting and was a fitting end to an exciting playoffs for MLB. I'm sad it had to end.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)

No.

The wild card game, Game #4 when the Royals had a 4-1 lead and held it into the 6th....then any time a visiting team wins on the road is pretty incredible and just doesn't happen very often.

Bumgarner deserves all the praise he's going to get...and has his name right up there in lights with Kershaw and ahead of Sale until Chris can perform like that on the big stage of post-season play (something Kershaw has consistently failed to do a number of times now).

Same for Sandoval (running, who would have thunk it) and Pence, as Posey just disappeared. Then you have Belt and Morse.

Just shows you in the post-season that you can get by with one true ace and a solid bullpen. Even though Machi and Strickland were garbage, Lopez, Affeldt, Romo and Casilla all got the job done.