The Winter/Spring Weather Complaint Thread

knightni

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
I didn't clean out my gutters after all the leaves fell, so I got to go out last night in the middle of the storm and unclog every single downspout. That was fun.

We got gutter screens/guards put on about 4 years ago. Haven't had to be on the roof or in the gutters since. Wasn't even very expensive. And they've worked consistently all along, with no maintenance (so far). I recommend it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
We got gutter screens/guards put on about 4 years ago. Haven't had to be on the roof or in the gutters since. Wasn't even very expensive. And they've worked consistently all along, with no maintenance (so far). I recommend it.

They will still get caked in wet leaves. Just clean before winter and you'll be good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 11:22 AM)
They will still get caked in wet leaves. Just clean before winter and you'll be good.

Hm, maybe we've just been lucky, but that hasn't been an issue. It might be because the ones we have are textured metal screens, I don't know. But even this time of year, there's very little brush on them at all.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 12:10 PM)
Hm, maybe we've just been lucky, but that hasn't been an issue. It might be because the ones we have are textured metal screens, I don't know. But even this time of year, there's very little brush on them at all.

Mine are the screen-type over the gutters. Leaves and debris occasionally cake on them a bit and I blow it off with a leaf blower. Its not nearly as bad as it would be without the screens but it will cause some blockage.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
I didn't clean out my gutters after all the leaves fell, so I got to go out last night in the middle of the storm and unclog every single downspout. That was fun.

Nothing like having your hands smell like the bottom of a pond after doing that

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
I really wanted to put up christmas lights this weekend but I think I will hold off until the next weekend hoping for a lil better weather.

I was going to do it today but F this wind.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
Putting up Christmas lights before Thanksgiving? Might as well put them up in June.

Putting them out and putting them out and turning them on right away are two different things.

I put mine out the week before thanksgiving but don't turn them on until thanksgiving night.

I like my system: spend an entire day getting a live tree, decorating the tree, decorating the inside of the house and decorating the outside of the house the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Then travel 3 weekends out of the 4 in December for family holiday get togethers. Enjoy the tree, lights and decorations for a limited amount of time. Get angry at s***head cats for getting into tree on a daily basis. Take down lights and decorations the weekend after New Years. Get stabbed by 1000 sharp needles from dried tree while taking it out.

Rinse and repeat annually.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
Putting them out and putting them out and turning them on right away are two different things.

I put mine out the week before thanksgiving but don't turn them on until thanksgiving night.

Exactly. I wouldnt have turned them on until after thanksgiving for sure.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)
I like my system: spend an entire day getting a live tree, decorating the tree, decorating the inside of the house and decorating the outside of the house the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Then travel 3 weekends out of the 4 in December for family holiday get together. Enjoy the tree, lights and decorations for a limited amount of time. Get angry at s***head cats for getting into tree on a daily basis. Take down lights and decorations the weekend after New Years. Get stabbed by 1000 sharp needles from dried tree while taking it out.

Rinse and repeated annually.

My wife asks me why do I torture myself with this every year. She is like why do I let myself get so upset when I know the cat is going to do it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)

I put mine up last weekend. The cord is just hanging by my fence waiting to be plugged in a week from now. Looking at the weather forecasts, I'm glad I did it early.

Although my wife has a bunch of blow-up decorations that she wants me to put out as well. Those could be a PITA.

Edited by Iwritecode