Dodgers aggressively pursuing Alexei

flavum

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
Dodgers now have Kershaw/Greinke/Ryu/Heaney

http://lasordaslair.com/2014/10/21/lets-st...rting-rotation/

According to this article, Zach Lee's their best internal option. Danks would still make some sense for the back end.

Jayson Stark did say Lee was involved in trade with Rollins but thats speculation as nothing official has come out yet.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 08:05 PM)
Curious about who the third team is. I wonder if the Sox are involved somehow for Revere or Brown.

From the sounds of the reporting the third team would be taking Haren from the marlins. So unless you want Haren, don't hope for the Sox to be involved.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
From the sounds of the reporting the third team would be taking Haren from the marlins. So unless you want Haren, don't hope for the Sox to be involved.

Haren was part of the dee gordon trade. Rollins is Philly and dodgers with supposed 3rd team involved.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 08:39 PM)
Haren was part of the dee gordon trade. Rollins is Philly and dodgers with supposed 3rd team involved.

Yep, the LA / Phillies trade is what I was wondering about.

If the Sox are looking for athleticism/speed then Revere would be a nice grab, if he's even available.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 10:05 PM)
Yep, the LA / Phillies trade is what I was wondering about.

If the Sox are looking for athleticism/speed then Revere would be a nice grab, if he's even available.

Would you really even want Revere? Sub .700 OPS and despite his speed he's actually pretty bad in the field. Constantly takes horrible angles and has no arm. I'm not saying he'd be horrible, but I hope Hahn is aiming higher than Revere if he's trading for a LF.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 09:24 PM)
Would you really even want Revere? Sub .700 OPS and despite his speed he's actually pretty bad in the field. Constantly takes horrible angles and has no arm. I'm not saying he'd be horrible, but I hope Hahn is aiming higher than Revere if he's trading for a LF.

I admit that I'm unaware of his defense. If he's that bad defensively then I'd have to say forget it. I'm just thinking about his lead off potential with Eaton batting second behind him since Eaton has a better eye for drawing walks while Revere is a slap hitter.

Like you, I hope that Hahn is aiming higher. Was just trying to think of possibilities that have not been mentioned yet. I would prefer a LHB with pop for an outfielder.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 11:12 PM)
Per Ken Rosenthal, the Dodgers are flipping Andrew Heaney to the Angels. Lol.

...For Howie Hendrick.

No, the Dodgers are flipping Heaney to the Angels so the Dodgers can trade for Danks. :D

I gotta say that despite their ages, Rollins and Kendrick as the middle infielders is pretty damn good both defensively and offensively.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 01:21 AM)
No, the Dodgers are flipping Heaney to the Angels so the Dodgers can trade for Danks. :D

I gotta say that despite their ages, Rollins and Kendrick as the middle infielders is pretty damn good both defensively and offensively.

Apparently, Dodgers are about to sign McCarthy.

What is their payroll gonna be when all of this is said and done? They're paying Haren and Dee Gordon to play for Miami, just added Howie Kendrick's 9.5 million and are signing McCarthy. Still haven't moved any of those outfielders and the stumbling block seems to be that the other teams are expecting them to thrown in more money. I wonder what it would cost to get Ethier, cash only, no players.

edit: plus Rollins $11 million

Edited by Vance Law

So Dan Haren said he'd retire if he is traded outside of LA. The Dodgers have agreed to pay all of Haren's $10M remaining on his deal, so the Marlins essentially get a free pitcher they may never get to use.

If I am the Angels, who are desperate for starting pitching, I call up the Marlins and say "Hey, give us Haren, because he is useless to you, and we will give you a lower level prospect in good faith."

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 12:04 AM)
Apparently, Dodgers are about to sign McCarthy.

What is their payroll gonna be when all of this is said and done? They're paying Haren and Dee Gordon to play for Miami, just added Howie Kendrick's 9.5 million and are signing McCarthy. Still haven't moved any of those outfielders and the stumbling block seems to be that the other teams are expecting them to thrown in more money. I wonder what it would cost to get Ethier, cash only, no players.

Not sure what their payroll will be but last I read they were trying to get under 190M to avoid luxury taxes. They are adding payroll faster than they are shedding it, that's for sure.

I think Ethier and possibly Crawford end up put out there for the taking. Pretty much what Toronto did with Rios. Dodgers just might end up asking for nothing in return although they might still have to kick in money to be rid of the contracts.

Talk about making moves for THIS season....this is the definition of all-in if I've ever seen it.

Imagine if we traded Anderson for Samardzija, the type of outcry we'd be hearing.

In no world that I know of is Howie Kendrick equal to Samardzija (or Heaney), not even in the darkest hearts of hardcore Golden Dome haters.

Edited by caulfield12

The Rollins deal is not done yet because some speculate that one of the pitchers in addition to Zach Lee going to Philly may be from the Marlins trade for Dee Gordon. So, the Dodgers will end up making 2 3-way trades, simultaneously. Jesus, Friedman. Is he doing this from his PS4?

Another theory is that a 3rd team is involved.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 02:40 AM)
The Rollins deal is not done yet because some speculate that one of the pitchers in addition to Zach Lee going to Philly may be from the Marlins trade for Dee Gordon. So, the Dodgers will end up making 2 3-way trades, simultaneously. Jesus, Friedman. Is he doing this from his PS4?

Another theory is that a 3rd team is involved.

Ya this is crazy

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 02:04 AM)
Ya this is crazy

Dodgers broadcaster was just on MLB Network and made things even crazier. He just said the Padres may be the 3rd team, and it would mean Matt Kemp to Padres, and all the Padres prospects plus maybe prospect or two from the Dodgers to the Phillies for Cole Hamels.

So in total....

Dodgers get: SS Jimmy Rollins, SP Cole Hamels

Padres get: OF Matt Kemp

Phillies get: SP Zach Lee, Padres prospects, additional Dodgers prospects.

The idea is that the Dodgers could get Hamels and Rollins without giving up any of their big 3 prospects of Pederson, Seagar, Urias, and they could move an OF.