Longoria & Will Myers

GoGoSox2k2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 08:41 AM)
I'm sure a deal around Rodon and Anderson would get TB at least thinking.

Wonderful. Trade our next Sale for a .614 OPS. Or is it a .724 OPS.

And it doesn't even touch on the key need of LF.

The "grass is always greener" is growing like mad.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
Wonderful. Trade our next Sale.

Or the next Radinsky. That's why they're prospects. In this instance, you do it in a second. However, Rodon cannot be traded.

You can't be totally against dealing prospects under any circumstance or else you end up like the Pirates or Royals and wait 20+ years.

A lot of negative talk in this thread. We'll never get this thread to 10 pages to enusre the deal happens if this keeps up.

We need to get creative and think of something the Sox can offer Tampa Bay to make this a reality. The weather is out...they're not going to want a month of Chicago weather. Crime rate is out, too. Maybe we send them Hawk?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 09:20 AM)
A lot of negative talk in this thread. We'll never get this thread to 10 pages to enusre the deal happens if this keeps up.

We need to get creative and think of something the Sox can offer Tampa Bay to make this a reality. The weather is out...they're not going to want a month of Chicago weather. Crime rate is out, too. Maybe we send them Hawk?

Thats right. Keep it on point

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 09:11 AM)
Or the next Radinsky. That's why they're prospects. In this instance, you do it in a second. However, Rodon cannot be traded.

You can't be totally against dealing prospects under any circumstance or else you end up like the Pirates or Royals and wait 20+ years.

That's not what made those teams what they are - Those teams would trade every veteran they had with a pulse for prospects. Plenty of teams who win don't trade their top prospects. See the Cardinals in St Louis, e.g.

It also helps that teams that do trade them - Boston e.g. - produces a heck of a lot of them. The Sox don't.

How many top prospects have been traded aroud MLB in the last year? Darn few. The As didn't get a single one for Donaldson or Shark or Moss.

I'm all for trading prospects- for young talent. Not for decliners who are signed until they are 37. Nor for stodgy, unathletic low OBP sluggers that are popular in these parts.

People also seem to analyze reputation, and not look at actual numbers....like OPS in the low 600s.

Trading Rodon for Will Myers (if it could be done) would be laughably awful.

As for Rodon, he's a college pitcher that dominated the lower minors and is good enough for the pen today. He is RAdinsky if EVERYTHING goes wrong.

I remember the Sox trading their best prospects for luminaries such as Swisher and Edwin Jackson and Vasquez. That didn't get us anywhere.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 09:21 AM)
Thats right. Keep it on point

Okay we'll just do a 3way trade, chris sale to boston, boston sends boaegarts and owens here and tampa sends myers and longoria here, while tampa gets 2 top 20 prospects from boston and we send viciedo and danks.

lif_shatz would jizz all over his screen.

Edit:color

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 09:23 AM)
That's not what made those teams what they are - Those teams would trade every veteran they had with a pulse for prospects. Plenty of teams who win don't trade their top prospects. See the Cardinals in St Louis, e.g.

It also helps that teams that do trade them - Boston e.g. - produces a heck of a lot of them. The Sox don't.

I'm all for trading prospects- for young talent. Not for decliners who are signed until they are 37.

People also seem to analyze reputation, and not look at actual numbers....like OPS in the low 600s.

Trading Rodon for Will Myers (if it could be done) would be laughably awful.

As for Rodon, he's a college pitcher that dominated the lower minors and is good enough for the pen today. He is RAdinsky if EVERYTHING goes wrong.

I remember the Sox trading their best prospects for luminaries such as Swisher and Edwin Jackson and Vasquez. That didn't get us anywhere.

Andrew Miller was a college pitcher who dominated the lower minors too. So was Brian Matusz. It's not always that easy.

The Tigers have also gone about trading all of their minor leaguers to develop a consistent MLB team. They've also developed players too. When it comes to trading for bonafide superstars, like Longoria is, you have to be open to trading anybody. If the Sox and Rays were talking Longoria and Myers, Rodon would be involved and that's OK. Rodon can't be traded yet, so there's nothing to worry about.

Longoria is married to a Playmate.

Ten years ago, the White Sox acquired Scott Podsednik, who also is married to a Playmate, and immediately won the World Series.

Therefore, it is imperative the White Sox acquire Evan Longoria, so that they can immediately win another WS. I also understand that he happens to be kinda good at baseball, which can only be deemed a bonus.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)

Ten years ago, the White Sox acquired Scott Podsednik, who also is married to a Playmate, and immediately won the World Series.

Therefore, it is imperative the White Sox acquire Evan Longoria, so that they can immediately win another WS. I also understand that he happens to be kinda good at baseball, which can only be deemed a bonus.

Are there any other baseball players who are married to Playmates, or supermodels of any kind, that might be cheaper to acquire?

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)
Okay we'll just do a 3way trade, chris sale to boston, boston sends boaegarts and owens here and tampa sends myers and longoria here, while tampa gets 2 top 20 prospects from boston and we send viciedo and danks.

lif_shatz would jizz all over his screen.

Edit:color

Can't we send Sale to Tampa instead an send TankNDank to Boston. I'm not very fond of Boston an I live in Tampa now

Edited by AlSoxfan

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)

sounds perfectly reasonable to me..I'm in

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 08:52 AM)
As much as I'd like Longoria, were on Earth not Mars. It's not happening. I'd be shocked.

I thought that too about Josh Donaldson...but IMO...that return for him was pretty underwhelming if you ask me.