Anybody else having trouble supporting this team?

ron883

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
If he's getting tested more often due to his previous failed test, then it's likely he's more clean than a random player on the team.

Maybe. The caveat is that if you you're taking something that they aren't testing for and you know this, there's not a whole lot to worry about.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
I cheer for both. Applauded Frank when he was with other teams, laughed when Garland gave up 2 home runs to him, cheered for him against any other team. Still like watching Buehrle pitch. Hated watching Konerko playing as a shell of his former self because of what the player had once been.

Definitely did not enjoy watching guys like ManRoid, Brett Myers put on our uniform.

Will figure out how to cheer for name on front, but doesn't mean I ignore the name on the back.

This doesn't make you a better fan or person than anyone else. Every one is free to support however they want. I always felt as if people who didn't like certain players for whatever reason felt as if every person should agree and do the same. It's just not the case.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
Before anyone condemns this years team for a PED user being on it, Pablo Ozuna was suspended for PED's back in '09. He helped win a WS for us, and I don't see anyone throwing that team under the bus for having a PED user on it.

He played in like 3 games of the playoffs I bet. Its different when its a full time starter and major piece of the team.

Brett Myers is a completely different level than any roider. Ultimately Melky served his punishment and was reinstated. There's a system in place now, Sox followed it. Frankly it's just a different time than when I was proud that the players helped put a testing system in place. I don't want to ban every player who ever did steroids from being a white sox. Doesn't mean I want to pump them full of drugs either.

Just, as far as player issues go, this is way below DUI and

Certainly below domestic violence.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
I cheer for both. Applauded Frank when he was with other teams, laughed when Garland gave up 2 home runs to him, cheered for him against any other team. Still like watching Buehrle pitch. Hated watching Konerko playing as a shell of his former self because of what the player had once been.

Definitely did not enjoy watching guys like ManRoid, Brett Myers put on our uniform.

Will figure out how to cheer for name on front, but doesn't mean I ignore the name on the back.

Exactly, there are very few people in the world who I can say I truly dislike. The white sox happen to have one on the team during the WS run. Did that mean I didn't enjoy the win, No. You do not need to like everyone on the team. I guarantee you that not everyone will like each other on the team. I've never worked for one where everyone liked each other. They just need to all work at winning. Thus, I will cheer for them all to win.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 01:55 PM)
I really hate Flowers, that guy took roids and tries to frame pitches, the ultimate cheater.

I think he stole a few bases too. Criminal.

Although I think he has tried to stop a few people from stealing as well so maybe he is trying to make amends.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 01:56 PM)
And please don't lump Brett Myers in with the roiders, Myers was a f***in scumbag, that was one guy I truly never wanted on the Sox.

Yes. There is a difference between just being an a$$ and trying to cheat at baseball.

If you cannot find it in yourself to support this team with the guys they already had and the commitments they made to try and win you're just being a petulant little whiner. I'm not a big fan of Melky Cabrera but whatever, it's one move out of the 6 major moves they've made this offseason. He's better than Viciedo, I'm at least pretty sure of that.

The idea that anyone could struggle to support the 2015 White Sox is stupid. Anyone who agrees is similarly stupid. You don't even have to expect them to win, but not supporting the haste under which the Sox have been rebuilt is pretty indefensible.

Edited by Alexeihyeess

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
If you cannot find it in yourself to support this team with the guys they already had and the commitments they made to try and win you're just being a petulant little whiner. I'm not a big fan of Melky Cabrera but whatever, it's one move out of the 6 major moves they've made this offseason. He's better than Viciedo, I'm at least pretty sure of that.

The idea that anyone could struggle to support the 2015 White Sox is stupid. Anyone who agrees is similarly stupid. You don't even have to expect them to win, but not supporting the haste under which the Sox have been rebuilt is pretty indefensible.

You have gone way too far.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
This doesn't make you a better fan or person than anyone else. Every one is free to support however they want. I always felt as if people who didn't like certain players for whatever reason felt as if every person should agree and do the same. It's just not the case.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)

Shipps, it took me a while to figure out why your post was bothering me, but this post cleared it up.

You're right, everyone is free to support who they want, but I see your post replying to me saying why I take into account both the front and back of the jersey...and then I see this kind of post calling everyone who has a negative response to signing a guy like this "Stupid petulant little whiners' and I wonder why the people who don't like a player like Cabrera are the ones who get the "everyone should support who they want" response.

Getting called "stupid" "Petulant little whiners" cleared that up for me, and that's not the only post in this thread espousing that.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 07:22 PM)
Sox fans really are a miserable bunch, my god

Why? Because some of us despise the idea of having Melky on the team? Just cause I don't want to support Melky doesn't mean I'm a miserable fan.

The good news is all the Sox fans who don't think we are contenders have to shut up now and realize we are contenders. This is NOT a rebuilding situation. Sox have reloaded and are planning on contending which means Robin has no excuses. Nobody has any excuses. This is a championship roster even though I hate having Melky around.

Shipps, it took me a while to figure out why your post was bothering me, but this post cleared it up.

You're right, everyone is free to support who they want, but I see your post replying to me saying why I take into account both the front and back of the jersey...and then I see this kind of post calling everyone who has a negative response to signing a guy like this "Stupid petulant little whiners' and I wonder why the people who don't like a player like Cabrera are the ones who get the "everyone should support who they want" response.

Getting called "stupid" "Petulant little whiners" cleared that up for me, and that's not the only post in this thread espousing that.

It's not personal, take a deep breath.

Everything that was glaringly wrong with the 2014 team has been adequately (in some cases more than adequately) filled in one offseason and the Sox still have Montas, Danish and Anderson in the minors. That's a feat.

To then say you struggle to support the entire team because they signed one guy it's just... a dumb thing to say. A dumb thing to subscribe to. Unless you wanted to just see everyone develop and keep Semien, Bassitt and the payroll flexibility to make a run in 2016, then I'd at least understand it.

But if you liked the Shark trade and all the other moves that built the Sox into an overnight contender you have to be able to see the forest through the trees and get what the Sox are doing. Just be a fan and enjoy it as a whole instead of picking the parts you don't like then using that as jusjustification to hate on the whole thing.

Everyone has a right to their opinion on this issue, and nobody is wrong.

If it bothers you, then speak with your dollars--don't go to the games and don't watch.

I'd rather they didn't bring in PED guys after they're in the union (or wife beaters), but hopefully the rules become stricter as time goes on.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 02:20 PM)

Everything that was glaringly wrong with the 2014 team has been adequately (in some cases more than adequately) filled in one offseason and the Sox still have Montas, Danish and Anderson in the minors. That's a feat.

To then say you struggle to support the entire team because they signed one guy it's just... a dumb thing to say. A dumb thing to subscribe to. Unless you wanted to just see everyone develop and keep Semien, Bassitt and the payroll flexibility to make a run in 2016, then I'd at least understand it.

But if you liked the Shark trade and all the other moves that built the Sox into an overnight contender you have to be able to see the forest through the trees and get what the Sox are doing. Just be a fan and enjoy it as a whole instead of picking the parts you don't like then using that as jusjustification to hate on the whole thing.

I don't think you understand what the word "dumb" means. Having trouble supporting the team due to a particular set of morals has nothing to do with a lack of intelligence.

I don't think you understand what the word "dumb" means. Having trouble supporting the team due to a particular set of morals has nothing to do with a lack of intelligence.

Because this set of morals is fickle and applied mostly arbitrarily. Hating on the guys who got caught while signing the praises of those who didn't just doesn't make any sense.

Does nobody have serious suspicions about Konerko? I love the guy, loved what he did and enjoyed the send off he got, but if there ever was a roider on the Sox in the past 15 years he'd be it. The symptoms are all there (the body breaking down all at once, late career surge). Since its the White Sox he never got the national magnifying glass the Ortiz does, but come on... you cannot just pretend everyone who's done roids got caught and hate those guys while ignoring the rest.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)

Saying "anyone who agrees is similarly stupid" is pretty much the definition of making it personal, and you continue to do it here. "It's not personal you're dumb" does not work.