2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 07:33 AM)
Anton Yelchin (Star Trek), Robbie Amell (Firestorm on the Flash), Ansel Elgort (The Fault in our Stars/Divergent), Drake Bell...

Tobey Maguire, which would be the most interesting and controversial move

Dylan O'Brien (The Maze Runner), Dave Franco (James' brother), Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson), Freddie Highmore (British), Donald Glover (African-American Spiderman?)

Drake Bell (cartoon voicework only so far), Elgort, O'Brien or Maguire would have to be considered the four favorites at this point.

McGuire would be the most uninteresting and terrible move ever. Dude is almost 40 years old.

im not even gonna comment on the rest of your choices, it looks like you just searched Nickelodeon and CW

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 07:34 AM)
Good question.

I have faith Kyle will know the answer...

Marvel knows the answer, not me. I highly doubt they make another origin story, though. He will probably be early 20s if i were to guess

Dylan O'Brien and Ansel Elgort would be good picks.

Drake Bell actually wouldn't be a bad pick, but I'd avoid it.

Zac Efron has been cited.

Also: Stay away from Donald Glover / Maguire / Gyllenhall. They're all too old for a character that will likely be in his late teens / early 20s.

Also, they aren't going to make Peter African-American because they have Miles Morales and they explicitly stated that they aren't doing Miles Morales.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 08:29 AM)

Also: Stay away from Donald Glover / Maguire / Gyllenhall. They're all too old for a character that will likely be in his late teens / early 20s.

Also, they aren't going to make Peter African-American because they have Miles Morales and they explicitly stated that they aren't doing Miles Morales.

Zac Efron's too overconfident/cocky to play geek Peter Parker.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
I know this has nothing to do with films (although I guess it has something to do with post count), and I would post it in the help section or something but I don't think anyone would ever read it, so, is this information on the front page correct? I feel like that's a weird time to have so many users online, and my member number is higher than 5306...

We have 5,306 registered members

Most users ever online was 1,977 on Mar 5, 2014 -> 09:46 AM

Every once in a while we get a major set of crawlers accessing and indexing the site. That is all that was.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)
interesting choice, if true. he made a name for himself in whiplash. i saw the oscar interview with the cast of whiplash on youtube this morning. he look way different, ever since he lost weight.

The irony of that would be that JK Simmons played the head of the Daily Planet in the first trilogy of Spider-Man movies.

Of course, Miles Teller and Simmons were prodigy/mentor in Whiplash more recently.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/rev...dornan-20150210

Thought this review of 50 Shades of Grey (the movie) was hilarious.

Actually, the reviews have been a bit better than expected....trending at 44% positive at RT, 50% at Metacritic. Given the source material, 20's or 30's wouldn't have been surprising.

Of course, Jupiter Ascending's right around 40 and that movie has been blasted by nearly everyone.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)
I had a free pass to see Project Almanac and I actually enjoyed it. Plenty of flaws and you'll have to suspend disbelief but I expected that. The found footage aspect wasn't needed at all. It's a "genre" that needs to die.

The name itself sounds like a ripoff of Chronicle.

Didn't they go through like 2-3 different name changes before settling on their final decision?

Sometimes, a name alone is enough to doom a movie.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
The name itself sounds like a ripoff of Chronicle.

Didn't they go through like 2-3 different name changes before settling on their final decision?

Sometimes, a name alone is enough to doom a movie.

No clue about title changes. Obviously the same style as Chronicle but the found footage stuff here serves no real purpose.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2015-...entines-weekend

Didn't see it coming.

50 Shades of Grey projected to beat all Feb/Valentine's Day openings and challenge American Sniper's numbers.

This article gives a list of reasons.

Guess Charlie Hunnam might be second-guessing sitting this one out, but he'll be fine. From all reports, Jamie Dornan is pretty one-dimensional in his performance, but most women don't really care.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 11:11 PM)
Sony and Marvel reached an agreement to include Spidey in MCU films.

I was in Atlanta all week for work so I totally missed this. Holy s*** holy s*** holy s*** holy s*** Civil War Civil War Civil War Civil War.

Marvel is smart, I guarantee the insane amount they paid will seem like pennies compared to the return.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 07:35 AM)
McGuire would be the most uninteresting and terrible move ever. Dude is almost 40 years old.

im not even gonna comment on the rest of your choices, it looks like you just searched Nickelodeon and CW

If Dave Franco were a foot taller, he'd be perfect with his ability to be hilarious while also looking like Peter Parker. But dude is way too short.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 08:29 AM)

Peter Parker is way older in the Civil War. I'd guess almost 30.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
I was in Atlanta all week for work so I totally missed this. Holy s*** holy s*** holy s*** holy s*** Civil War Civil War Civil War Civil War.

Marvel is smart, I guarantee the insane amount they paid will seem like pennies compared to the return.

The Disney wallet is deep, and they know a good investment when they see one