2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 06:10 AM)
i agree, i was really hoping that michael keaton would win the oscars, but steve carell, and eddie redmayne should be favorites to win.

There's no way Carell's going to win.

Keaton, Cumberbatch, Cooper after Redmayne right now...Carell's at 125/1 and falling like a rock.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 07:18 PM)
Every time I see a Jurassic World trailer, my excitement goes down by a factor of 10. The stupidity of the entire premise (we bred yet another unstoppable killing machine even though we did the same thing before) is going to be too difficult to ignore.

they are just regurgitating the same theme like idea. reminds me of, how many friday the 13, halloweens, etc.... has been made. lack of creative ideas.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 02:44 AM)
Saw Birdman. Very predictable story, but great movie nevertheless. Interstellar comfortably remains my favorite movie of 2014- saw it again last weekend ahead of the last few places still showing it pulling it.

I downloaded it since the hd screener is readily available. I loved the first 2/3 just as much as the first time. It's a great flick - glad I saw it in IMAX.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)
Every time I see a Jurassic World trailer, my excitement goes down by a factor of 10. The stupidity of the entire premise (we bred yet another unstoppable killing machine even though we did the same thing before) is going to be too difficult to ignore.

I hope those aren't the final special effects.

It's been over 20 years. Story wise, it seems like it could make sense.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 07:14 PM)
Rather disappointed in A Most Violent Year. It has his moments, Isaac reminds me of a young De Niro and Chastain is solid but found the plot and pay offs rather lackluster.

i know, i d/l it and i was bored.... i mean really bored.

i really like Chastani and became a fan of hers since zero dark thirty. Isaac has a career. but as you said, the plot sucked.

btw it appears as a lot of movies are now coming on the internet b/c of some kind on vote coming up in 21 days. the hackers are putting new release movies. but i can't or won't mention the free site b/c i do not want this site to get in trouble.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
Saw the first half of Citizenfour last night it was awesome. I am very excited to watch the second half tonight after I get some work done. Some great quotes by Snowden who is a strange but surprisingly articulate guy. Crazy he did what he did without telling any of his family.

Saw HBO is airing it after Oscars. Can't wait

Has anyone seen Two Days, One Night with Marion Cotillard? Worth checking out?

I'm also trying to find a way to watch Stand Clear of the Closing Doors, have heard good things about it.

And A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, an Iranian "horror" movie...which is quite ironic in a way if you think about it long enough.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
The remake of Poltergeist has a trailer.

http://screenrant.com/poltergeist-trailer-...ke-2015-poster/

Doesn't look like much changed, too bad the creepy little lady isn't around anymore

I just read on screen rant a few weeks back that Sam Rockwell said this was more of a kids movie and adventure story than a scary movie. I am glad the trailer didn't seem like that was the case.

QUOTE (TRU @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
I just read on screen rant a few weeks back that Sam Rockwell said this was more of a kids movie and adventure story than a scary movie. I am glad the trailer didn't seem like that was the case.

Yea I saw that too. This doesn't look like that at all

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 04:33 AM)
So I have now watched Frozen for the 289th time.

Decent movie I suppose but I was satisfied after the second time for sure.

Good lord I wish my kids would pick a new movie.

the tale of trails and tribulation that parents goes thru for the amusement of their children's visual pleasure. life is so good when parents have happy children's.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
So I have now watched Frozen for the 289th time.

Decent movie I suppose but I was satisfied after the second time for sure.

Good lord I wish my kids would pick a new movie.

Words cannot describe how happy I was that my daughter was fixated on Spongebob and Toy Story.

You can do so much worse.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 07:07 AM)
Someone provided me with a copy of American Sniper. Is it worth a watch?

No! Unless you're a right wing gun enthusiast conservative nut job!

Watch it though. It's really good IMO

29,500 posts!!!

Edited by Brian