2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 04:40 PM)
I did. It requires a ton of nuance and subtelty to plan for that, two things GL SUCKS at.

Also, don't Jedi's sense other people, especially evil people, with the Force? Wouldn't they have sensed that with Jar Jar at many, many points along the road?

No. The emperor was right under their noses.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't DV and Yoda have the ability to sense the Force in others?

To me that just proves how GL couldn't have pulled this off. He already broke a canon rule of how Jedi's work if no one could have sensed Jar Jar or Palpatine. His whole argument rests on the idea that there's no luck in the Star Wars world based on what someone in the movies said once. If we can ignore certain rules, why not ignore that there's no luck?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
Didn't DV and Yoda have the ability to sense the Force in others?

To me that just proves how GL couldn't have pulled this off. He already broke a canon rule of how Jedi's work if no one could have sensed Jar Jar or Palpatine. His whole argument rests on the idea that there's no luck in the Star Wars world based on what someone in the movies said once. If we can ignore certain rules, why not ignore that there's no luck?

I dont recall them being able to sense the force in Sith lords

Palpatine was using Force Stealth to hide his Force presence from the Jedi.

From the linked Wookieepedia page:

Force stealth also referred to as Force Concealment or Buried Presence was a power that was used by highly skilled Force-sensitives to mask their Force alignment (Light or Dark), their ability to use the Force, or even their entire presence from other Force sensitives.

Palpatine was the most powerful and notorious user of this power, having hid his dark nature for over three decades from the Jedi Council, even when in the same room.

Jedi Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda both used a form of Force concealment to shield themselves from Palpatine and Vader in their exile.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 06:10 PM)
Jar Jar couldn't be a Sith because him being one would violate the Rule of Two.

Theory disproved

That rule has already been cast aside, Maul, Palpatine and Dooku already existed at once in the prequels

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 06:43 PM)
That rule has already been cast aside, Maul, Palpatine and Dooku already existed at once in the prequels

No.

During the events of Episode 1, Dooku was for lack of a better term a free agent, he left the Jedi Order after his meeting with Sifo Dyas and a disguised Sidious. So that means the only Sith were Sidious and Maul. After Obi Wan 'kills' Maul, there was only 1 Sith Lord. Yes, Maul does come back but not as Sith but as a Dark Jedi. Ventress and the Inquisutors are not Sith, but Dark Jedi as well.

The Rule of Two was always in tact.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)
No.

During the events of Episode 1, Dooku was for lack of a better term a free agent, he left the Jedi Order after his meeting with Sifo Dyas and a disguised Sidious. So that means the only Sith were Sidious and Maul. After Obi Wan 'kills' Maul, there was only 1 Sith Lord. Yes, Maul does come back but not as Sith but as a Dark Jedi. Ventress and the Inquisutors are not Sith, but Dark Jedi as well.

The Rule of Two was always in tact.

Yes

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_of_Two

Sidious broke the Rule of Two at least twice: once by training Darth Maul while still under the tutelage of Darth Plagueis; and secondly, by taking on two apprentices at once, and in the form of two Jedi: Count Dooku (former padawan of Master Yoda[2]), dubbed Darth Tyranus, and the Fosh Jedi Vergere.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 06:10 PM)
Jar Jar couldn't be a Sith because him being one would violate the Rule of Two.

Theory disproved

The theory is that he's a puppet master even higher than the Sith we see or he's Snoke.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
No, Dooku didn't become Palpatine's apprentice until Darth Maul was dead.

Eh, star wars wiki says it has been broken. Im not really gonna argue anymore, if Snoke ends up being Jar Jar Binks, i dont think that is a masterful writing stroke by Lucas as much as it is an insult by JJ Abrams. Leave that crap behind

That theory is interesting but if that was the case, that was a horrible character. You can't introduce a loony tune as a crucial bit to your trilogy. The director should have seen what was being created and nipped it in the bud.

I don't think there's any chance of this theory being true. I think Jar Jar was created to amuse kids and nothing more.

It's just a guy on reddit having some fun - my guess is even he isn't taking it seriously. People on reddit like to come up with quirky theories just to see if they can defend them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
That theory is interesting but if that was the case, that was a horrible character. You can't introduce a loony tune as a crucial bit to your trilogy. The director should have seen what was being created and nipped it in the bud.

To be fiar, Yoda was kind of a looney tune, obviously the reaction to Jar Jar could have been the reason they scrapped that story and added Dooku. It makes sense.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
To be fiar, Yoda was kind of a looney tune, obviously the reaction to Jar Jar could have been the reason they scrapped that story and added Dooku. It makes sense.

Yes, but he was old and didn't look horrendous. Those movies aged horribly. They look awful.

Caught up on some movies this weekend:

John Wick. Highly enjoyable. I heard about a drinking game where you drink every time he shoots someone in the head.....I think you'd die if you played all the way through.

Draft Day. Too boring for me. And also incredibly stupid. No franchise, not even the Browns, wait until hours before the draft to do ANY homework on a potential pick.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 02:11 PM)
Caught up on some movies this weekend:

John Wick. Highly enjoyable. I heard about a drinking game where you drink every time he shoots someone in the head.....I think you'd die if you played all the way through.

Draft Day. Too boring for me. And also incredibly stupid. No franchise, not even the Browns, wait until hours before the draft to do ANY homework on a potential pick.

The trades in that movie were also laughably unrealistic.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
The trades in that movie were also laughably unrealistic.

Oh yeah, for sure.

Also, what was the point of his relationship with the cap girl? What did that add to the movie other than some small conversations to fill out the day?