2015 TV Thread

LDF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)
It is fantastic. Some truly terrifying moments and plenty of humor. I would say the tone is similar to Evil Dead 2.

I though it was good as well. I've honestly never seen the movies and it was easy to catch up and know what happened.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 08:17 AM)
I get showing an episode on Morgan and what brought him to where he is at currently, but that just felt boring to me. Maybe because of the episode it came right on the heels on, but meh.

It just didnt deserve an hour and a half, it could have been edited down and I would have been ok with it.

However, his conversation with the wolf at the end was pretty chilling

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 08:20 AM)
It just didnt deserve an hour and a half, it could have been edited down and I would have been ok with it.

However, his conversation with the wolf at the end was pretty chilling

I thought it was pretty good and moved along at a decent enough clip and developed why he is who he is and why he does what he does.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 05:15 PM)
It was a really solid episode, just a cheap move by TWD team to place the episode where it was, based on what happened last week.

It's not any more cheap than putting cliffhangers in mid-season or season finales, which is what most shows on television do.

Really, you could have just put it one episode earlier and it would have still served its purpose but then you don't get the same pace from the back to back episdoes of both halves of Alexandria. So either you stick it in the middle (right after the episode where Morgan doesn't kill) or you do it now. I think their are pro's and con's to either but I kind of liked how they paced the episodes to start and then went to this one. I felt having the Morgan episode in between would have taken away from the beginning of the action and then I presume the next arch will be related to what happened 2 episodes ago.

Either way, I still have loved this season.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
What do you guys think of Homeland this season?

Haven't seen last night's episode but the episode before was pretty cool (agree with DA's assessment that it was one of the best of the series). Definitely caught me off guard and curious where they went last night. Will probably watch tonight.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
If anyone else is watching The Leftovers still, that was one of the most bizarre episodes I have ever seen. Almost 24 hours later, I still have no idea what to make of it.

I am. It was great. I didn't understand the repent stuff at first, but this explanation makes sense:

Someone missed the point of the episode.

Matt's a man of faith, sure. That's why he can keep living all the Groundhog Day-type scenarios and be such a glutton for punishment. But when the universe REALLY pushes him -- as he believes it did with Mary -- he goes looking for scientific explanations as readily as anyone else. He puts a camera on Mary to track her movements. He rigorously recreates the conditions of her awakening. He even took her in for a PET scan.

None of that gives Matt any comfort, because science just isn't a valid way to solve his problem. He's trying to know what he's already accepted as unknowable -- the subject of his faith. It would be like if Job had a "trust but verify" system where he did what God asked, but only if he checked out that it was okay first.

At the end of the episode, Matt realizes exactly what he's done wrong. He's been untrue to his faith, which is at the core of who he is. He discards what he sees as the scientific nonsense that's caused him so much trouble and wholly puts his faith in God, possibly martyring himself in the stocks. But like Job, he's doing what he thinks God is asking, and he's certain that God loves him enough that he (God) won't let Matt destroy himself.

That's a mighty risky game he's playing there, but the story of Job is not for the faint-hearted. Matt's made it clear that's he's not going to blink anymore. Now he's going to whether God does."

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
I am. It was great. I didn't understand the repent stuff at first, but this explanation makes sense:

Someone missed the point of the episode.

Matt's a man of faith, sure. That's why he can keep living all the Groundhog Day-type scenarios and be such a glutton for punishment. But when the universe REALLY pushes him -- as he believes it did with Mary -- he goes looking for scientific explanations as readily as anyone else. He puts a camera on Mary to track her movements. He rigorously recreates the conditions of her awakening. He even took her in for a PET scan.

None of that gives Matt any comfort, because science just isn't a valid way to solve his problem. He's trying to know what he's already accepted as unknowable -- the subject of his faith. It would be like if Job had a "trust but verify" system where he did what God asked, but only if he checked out that it was okay first.

At the end of the episode, Matt realizes exactly what he's done wrong. He's been untrue to his faith, which is at the core of who he is. He discards what he sees as the scientific nonsense that's caused him so much trouble and wholly puts his faith in God, possibly martyring himself in the stocks. But like Job, he's doing what he thinks God is asking, and he's certain that God loves him enough that he (God) won't let Matt destroy himself.

That's a mighty risky game he's playing there, but the story of Job is not for the faint-hearted. Matt's made it clear that's he's not going to blink anymore. Now he's going to whether God does."

OK, that does make a lot more sense. I sure didn't view it in that light, but that does jive.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 08:11 AM)
Just heard about this on a podcast en route to work this am. Going to take for a spin tonight.

I'm off today so may shoot out all 10. It's really good. Better as it goes.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
Just got done with the first two episodes. Very funny, wish they were longer.

I like the 30 min run time. I'm sure I'll wish there was more when I'm done with the 10.