2015 TV Thread

LDF

[quote name='Jenksismyb****' date='May 19, 2015 -> 05:04 PM' post='3164905'

It is odd though to hear or see people talk about what an influence he was. Norm MacDonald broke down crying the other night. I don't get it, but again, I think that's because he was huge in the 70's/80's.

FWIW.....

Letterman comedy tree

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ May 19, 2015 -> 05:34 PM)
This is how I feel. He just comes off as uninterested. He was always on way too late for me growing up so I never watched until he went to CBS.

He's still bitter about Leno getting Tonight Show but judging by ratings, NBC made the right decision.

P.S. The new guy after Letterman, Corbin?, is awful. CBS has to have buyers remorse.

I've only seen a couple bits but the Tom Hanks movie history was hilarious.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 19, 2015 -> 05:34 PM)
This is how I feel. He just comes off as uninterested. He was always on way too late for me growing up so I never watched until he went to CBS.

He's still bitter about Leno getting Tonight Show but judging by ratings, NBC made the right decision.

P.S. The new guy after Letterman, Corbin?, is awful. CBS has to have buyers remorse.

Agreed on Corbin. He had my Pitch Perfect girls on last week so I gave it a shot and not even Anna's cuteness could help him.

As far as late night in general, I'll still watch Conan every night that there's not a sporting event on I'm watching.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
Was going to start its own thread: Letterman vs. the field.

Have you been enjoying or ignoring the end of Letterman? I thought Hanks was awesome last night. He was on fire as a guest. Eddie Vedder was awesome too playing "Better Man." Some other celebs have been awesome as guests the last 2-3 weeks.

Used to love Letterman. He had so many good shows in the 90's. I honestly haven't paid the least bit of attention to the end. I just became disinterested in his show. Just felt like things got really stale and he started going through the motions.

That's the way all late nite television feels to me now though. I mean if you miss anything epic they'll just upload it in a 4 minute youtube clip the next day. :)

I caught his show once in NY. The best thing about it was the air conditioned studio because it was during a heatwave. :P They had terrible guests and were literally giving away tickets on the street.

I remember some of the old remotes rather fondly. Driving around LA eating fast food with Zsa Zsa Gabor, filling a car up with Tacos in LA, and working the drive thru at Taco Bell. :)

QUOTE (juddling @ May 20, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
Season 1 of The Flash ended this week. I really liked it. Can't wait for S2

Really good show. I need to catch up on Arrow before next season. Almost done with s1.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 21, 2015 -> 12:24 AM)
"You called him Double Asshole to his face!!!! You ripped him a third asshole! Triple Asshole!"

LMAO.

Love this season. Lots of realistic little twists and turns in plot.

Is the picture frozen? No, nothing's happening cuz it's an F'n coo coo bird egg.

Took me long enough but finally got around to started House of Cards.....finished S1 yesterday.....probably can't start S2 till next weekend :(

**Post 666......lol

Edited by juddling

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
The SWOT last week was some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen

"You can even SWOT a person. But be careful, they might SWOT you back".

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 27, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)
Has anybody watched The Last Ship? I caught about 10 minutes of a random episode, it intrigued me.

Love it...TNT's been showing about 10 episodes a day the last week.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 27, 2015 -> 10:08 AM)
Really enjoyed that jail scene in GOT, for obvious reasons. My wife's eyes were rolling out of her head though. Her: "What's the point of that scene? It added nothing to the story." Me: "Ugh, boobs?"

I think the point was for her to arouse Bronn and get his blood flowing. You noticed that once he became interested was when the effects of the poison seemed to flare up. She was then able to use that as her proof he was in trouble and she could save him. He now owes her one.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 27, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
Has anybody watched The Last Ship? I caught about 10 minutes of a random episode, it intrigued me.

I watched season 1 and enjoyed it.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 27, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)

Watched last season and enjoyed it quite a bit. Looking forward to this season (whenever it starts).

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
Excited. I don't care that the series went downhill, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Along with Boy Meets World, it's my favorite show of all time. I love that the commercials for it used to dominate Fox television during the 2005 World Series.