• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
Silicon Valley was great last night.

"I'm his girlfriend! He hit it so hard I was in the shop for 3 days!"

NIP ALERT HAD GREAT POTENTIAL!!

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 03:29 PM)
Does anyone have trouble signing in through your tv provider for Fox Sports Go? I am trying to sign in through Directv but it keeps telling me I have the wrong password. This has happened to me on other sites as well, anybody know how to fix it?

They are using some form of SSO I'm sure (probably SAML), it all uses your DTV login credentials so it's either an issue with your account there or they are having issues with their SSO platform.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
They are using some form of SSO I'm sure (probably SAML), it all uses your DTV login credentials so it's either an issue with your account there or they are having issues with their SSO platform.

Ah ha, look at this guy.

DTV uses us as the IDP and it works fine with HBO and other sources so the guess is its with the homegrown custom solution Fox has. I'll search if there are any open tickets regarding the integration with DTV

Edit: I am seeing a token issue problem due to a CA directory error. Shocker. Looks like it should be resolved though

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
"Those expecting anything approaching the magic conjured by the original Matthew McConaughey-Woody Harrelson pairing should immediately temper their enthusiasm for “True Detective’s” second season"

:(

Buzz_Killington.jpg

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
"Those expecting anything approaching the magic conjured by the original Matthew McConaughey-Woody Harrelson pairing should immediately temper their enthusiasm for “True Detective’s” second season"

I think the promos look awful. A bunch of staring and whispering. I never expected it to be as good as last year but just hope it's watchable.

Saw the first episode of True Detective new season, it's pretty good. I like the marketing campaign of the second season, almost non existent and is relying on word of from the fans of the first season instead of huge ad campaigns and whatnot. I signed an NDA last night from Hbo and WB so I can't really say much.

If you're expecting an repeat of the first season, you're going to be disappointed. This is new ground and completely different. The story revolves around Satanism, not "I hate you dad, Im going to join a hardcore band" Santanism, but actual, hard core Santanism. If anyone had studied Santanism, you know that sex plays a huge part into the practice of the religion, think about the Manson stuff.

My favorite character is Ani (Rachel McAdams) and her knives. Vince Vaughn is bad ass, he just has this aura about his performance.

I thought it was pretty good and it is more up my ally compared to the first season, which I thought was great. I cant wait for the rest of the season.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 05:05 PM)
Saw the first episode of True Detective new season, it's pretty good. I like the marketing campaign of the second season, almost non existent and is relying on word of from the fans of the first season instead of huge ad campaigns and whatnot. I signed an NDA last night from Hbo and WB so I can't really say much.

If you're expecting an repeat of the first season, you're going to be disappointed. This is new ground and completely different. The story revolves around Satanism, not "I hate you dad, Im going to join a hardcore band" Santanism, but actual, hard core Santanism. If anyone had studied Santanism, you know that sex plays a huge part into the practice of the religion, think about the Manson stuff.

My favorite character is Ani (Rachel McAdams) and her knives. Vince Vaughn is bad ass, he just has this aura about his performance.

I thought it was pretty good and it is more up my ally compared to the first season, which I thought was great. I cant wait for the rest of the season.

How were you able to screen the first couple episodes?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 08:01 PM)
How were you able to screen the first couple episodes?

My Film partner's brother in law is an agent and his father is a famous producer, he had a screener and he let me watch it.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 12:14 AM)
Silicon Valley season finale, someone help me figure this out....

How did Russ gain a 3rd seat on the board? Did Erlich sell his seat or something? I'm confused how the power shifted.

His girlfriend held a seat. He gave her one during their first board meeting.

Monica + Awkward Woman + Awkward Woman's Assistant = Revina

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 12:13 AM)
Well that's awesome. So you saw 1 or 2 episodes then?

I saw 2, he has the first three. I'm not going to watch the third, two was enough for me. I still want to share the sense of discovery with everybody else.

EDIT:

If you live Michael Mann, Chinatown and The Wire you're going to love it.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 12:58 AM)
His girlfriend held a seat. He gave her one during their first board meeting.

Monica + Awkward Woman + Awkward Woman's Assistant = Revina

Won't Monica just end up switching sides and joining with Richard and Bachmann...?

Seems that's the only logical way to keep the show moving forward.

Or Gavin Belson offers Reviga even more money than they just paid Delorean Wing Door Guy to get 60% control...but then he has to to work with Richard again?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 04:54 AM)
Won't Monica just end up switching sides and joining with Richard and Bachmann...?

Seems that's the only logical way to keep the show moving forward.

Or Gavin Belson offers Reviga even more money than they just paid Delorean Wing Door Guy to get 60% control...but then he has to to work with Richard again?

Unless Monica invested some of her own money into Pied Piper, her seat belongs to Reviga.

I think that Bagetti becomes CEO of Huli and after failing miserably he brings in Richard and the team to realize Nucleus and they take down the Reviga Pied Piper

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 07:42 AM)
Unless Monica invested some of her own money into Pied Piper, her seat belongs to Reviga.

I think that Bagetti becomes CEO of Huli and after failing miserably he brings in Richard and the team to realize Nucleus and they take down the Reviga Pied Piper

Either way im very glad you all got me hooked on this show. Its easily one of my favorites. TJ Miller is outstanding.