2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 22, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
The more I think about it: I can't remember one screen play today. After last week how does Gase not dial up at least 3 screens for Langford?

Maybe they just didn't like their personnel against the Broncos defense

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 22, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
Maybe they just didn't like their personnel against the Broncos defense

Well yeah anytime you're without your top 3 wideouts and #1 RB you'll likely not love the matchup but isn't that the time where you go to what's been working best?

Against that D with those wideouts, amazing we were in the game. We could have just as easily won it, but man it is tough to score in the red zone when you lack playmakers and guys who can get open. Jay had the bad pick, which looked as much a bad throw as a bad decision, but if you factor in all the interference yards, that was a solid offensive performance. He again, by and large, did a great job using his mobility to buy time, just couldn't get it all to work.

And unlike past years, despite everything going against him, when push came to shove, we had a shot to send it to OT. The one thing we have done all year in the Gase offense is struggle in the red zone and I fully believe it is because we have rarely had playmakers. When we have had the playmakers we have been just fine in the red zone.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 22, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
Against that D with those wideouts, amazing we were in the game. We could have just as easily won it, but man it is tough to score in the red zone when you lack playmakers and guys who can get open. Jay had the bad pick, which looked as much a bad throw as a bad decision, but if you factor in all the interference yards, that was a solid offensive performance. He again, by and large, did a great job using his mobility to buy time, just couldn't get it all to work.

And unlike past years, despite everything going against him, when push came to shove, we had a shot to send it to OT. The one thing we have done all year in the Gase offense is struggle in the red zone and I fully believe it is because we have rarely had playmakers. When we have had the playmakers we have been just fine in the red zone.

Disagree. They had Bennett, Royal, Jeffery and Forte in Detroit and the red zone struggles were happening then as well

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 22, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
Foregoing that FG earlier cost us the game.

Agreed. The Bears had just failed on 3 straight goal to go plays, why would you bet on them converting 2 in a row just to tie with 10 minutes left? Kick there and then if you get another TD you're winning instead of tying. Don't understand that decision at all.

Lots of Broncos fans, lots of pot smoke too, coincidence?

I am often critical of Fox for being too conservative but I can't justify that 4th down call, especially since they were down 8 points. Don't leave the game up to a two point conversion, get it out of the way before hand. And the running play on the 2 point conversion was questionable.

There is no doubt Fox has got this roster over achieving but he's gonna kill me once each game matters.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 12:31 AM)
My Chiefs are finally hitting their stride.

It is infuriating to me that they lost the Denver, Chicago and Minnesota games. At the very minimum they should be 7-3 and competing for the division and first round bye. Now, they are in a dogfight for the 6th seed.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 07:24 AM)
It is infuriating to me that they lost the Denver, Chicago and Minnesota games. At the very minimum they should be 7-3 and competing for the division and first round bye. Now, they are in a dogfight for the 6th seed.

:D

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
Ya we've given games away. It sucks. Andy Reid is stupid. We would've rushed for 250 yards if he would've just ran the ball against Chicago. They're defense just sucks and he refused to exploit it

I firmly believe Andy Reid and the play calling is directly responsible for 2 losses this year. I'm really torn on him. His game management, play calling, clock management etc has been pretty terrible for two years now, yet every single player claims to love playing for him. And unlike past regimes, I've rarely seen teams quit under him. The defense has really stepped up though. I don't think anyone would want to play them in the playoffs if they could get there