2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)
OK guys, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but come on. They're not beating good teams. And they're doing so on quite a bit of luck. Yes, Cutler made some great throws, but those are throws that connect 1 out of 10 times. And he got two of them in close succession. And they were two, late, come from behind victories.

Tanking and getting the best draft pick possible is still the play here. Going 8-8 and getting the 15th pick is not good long term.

So, when they lose to the 3 best teams in the NFC without like 8 of their starters, they suck. When they beat the Chiefs and Raiders without like 8 of their starters, they still suck. IIRC, if you take out Denver and Green bay the rest of their schedule combines for a record of 12-29. There are a lot of rough looking teams.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
At least they will finally have to give Langford more playing time.

Seems like that's been good news for the Bears is the you g players are getting reps. Sutton is the only guy I can think of who has/had a serious enough injury as a young player.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 04:50 PM)
There are definitely more games missed because of head-related injuries than five years ago with the League's new concussion protocols. As far as other injuries, who knows? I am sure there is a study out there.

I would be shocked if ACL tears weren't up over the last five seasons.

Most experts seem to attribute the injuries to the lack of padded practices in the preseason.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)
Is there more league wide injuries now then say 5 years ago?

Is it because defenders are hitting in different areas then previously? There seems like there are far more injuries now that guys are striking the offensive players lower and more with their arms and not the shoulders.

Maybe with lower hitting, guys are getting hit in the knees more often?

ban cleats!

I know there was a lot of conjecture a couple of years ago with the rules changes regarding helmet-to-helmet possibly leading to more lower body tackles and leg injuries, but I don't know if anyone's followed up on that to see if different types of injuries have increased or decreased.

QB Carson Wentz will be the next QB the Bears draft. I'm predicting it right now. We'll grab him in the 2nd round. Good write up from Greg Gabriel (yes, formerly of the Bears during the Angelo era). Retired now and was widely regarded as being pretty good at his job. He had an article last week blasting Goff (well...disputing the hype) and the draftnicks on TV (and well obviously Goff did nothing to help his stock against Utah). He talks very highly about Wentz and when you look at his tools and think about having Jay here, I got to say this is the type of guy you could draft, let him develop a year or two (while contending with Jay) and then turn the reigns over (while still trying to build a contender around Jay and when he gets too old or doesn't work, you have another option).

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/breaki...b-carson-wentz/

Dickerson, Clayton and a few others have reported that their is beef with Jeffrey and the Bears. However, some other reporters have came out and said that is absolutely not true...specifically Lemming/LaFofo(however the hell you spell it) indicated that those reports were false.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)
Lemming and a few others have reported that their is beef with Jeffrey and the Bears. However, some other reporters have came out and said that is absolutely not true...specifically LaFofo(however the hell you spell it) indicated that those reports were false.

Leming never said that there was. John Clayton said it apparently. Ian Rapoport says it's totally false and he wants to be on the field with his teammates.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 08:39 AM)
Leming never said that there was. John Clayton said it apparently. Ian Rapoport says it's totally false and he wants to be on the field with his teammates.

It makes no sense for Jeffrey to hold out...he's looking for a payday. Him not playing doens't help with that at all.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 04:22 PM)
QB Carson Wentz will be the next QB the Bears draft. I'm predicting it right now. We'll grab him in the 2nd round. Good write up from Greg Gabriel (yes, formerly of the Bears during the Angelo era). Retired now and was widely regarded as being pretty good at his job. He had an article last week blasting Goff (well...disputing the hype) and the draftnicks on TV (and well obviously Goff did nothing to help his stock against Utah). He talks very highly about Wentz and when you look at his tools and think about having Jay here, I got to say this is the type of guy you could draft, let him develop a year or two (while contending with Jay) and then turn the reigns over (while still trying to build a contender around Jay and when he gets too old or doesn't work, you have another option).

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/breaki...b-carson-wentz/

I like Carson Wentz a lot. I think he'd be a household name if he were at a bigger school.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)

Agreed, Leming actually pointed out that it was incorrect(clayton saying there is beef) and then used Rapaport to show that he wasnt the only one saying it

Gents - I updated my post accordingly. I don't have access to twitter so go off what others say so corrected since it was Dickerson and Clayton and it sounded more like it was Clayton just saying "I've heard those reports vs. necessarily confirming them as true").

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 11:07 AM)
Gents - I updated my post accordingly. I don't have access to twitter so go off what others say so corrected since it was Dickerson and Clayton and it sounded more like it was Clayton just saying "I've heard those reports vs. necessarily confirming them as true").

LOOK, YOU WERE WRONG AND IT IS OUR FORUM DUTY TO REPEATEDLY TELL YOU THAT

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 18, 2015 -> 11:08 AM)
Well, for this week at least... maybe not for the season

I was just playing off the previous post.

Would be really nice if he stays healthy. Sounds like White could be back around week 12-13. The final 5 games of the schedule look pretty weak with all games winable. Stay afloat around .500, get healthy and who knows.