2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 07:32 PM)

I've always said those two teams were crazy for not offering for Jay. They are awful and have nothing at QB (especially the Texans). If those teams had QB's, they'd be extremely relevant, especially the Jets (texans not as much since their defense evidently sucks too...but maybe its cause they know its a lost cause with their QB play).

That said, I don't think either of them will offer a first and I'm not moving Jay for anything less then that (and even then I'd have to think about it). Jay has played well and I don't want to go into irrelevant mode with no QB. This team can win with Jay, it can't win with total crap and in this draft, we don't know what we are going to find. I'd rather keep Jay and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round (see how they are) and continue to evaluate the position. Of course if Pace things one of these guys is in the draft is the guy, then I support that.

We all know I like Cook a lot.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
Aaron Lemming has been tweeting that teams are trying to get Willie Young. Giants are the team to watch for.

I'm glad. I like Young and he needs to go somewhere he can play in a 4-3. He isn't a fit in the 3-4 and he's tried but if we can get another late round pick for him, awesome.

Do teams have the cap space to trade for Cutler? I was reading an article about trading Forte, and with his contract and the teams that could bring him in, it was a limited market. Now Cutler, theoretically, you don't have to be a playoff contender this year to bring him in, but I would imagine his cap hit would make it unlikely more than a couple teams could even trade for him if they wanted.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
Whisenhunts record his last 5 years has to be the worst record of all time during a stretch like that, right?

6-44 in his last 50 games according to Bill Simmons. Nuts.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)
6-44 in his last 50 games according to Bill Simmons. Nuts.

He's off on something though, I think it's actually 4-31, and when you go back from there it's pretty decent.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
I honestly thought he was pretty fine in Arizona, but the stuff he was doing in tennessee. They just did not look right ever.

He was fine in Arizona until Kurt Warner left, but not many coaches are that good without QBs.

2012 is still crazy when they started 4-0 including a win in Foxboro, but finished 5-11.

In terms of Cutler and his cost to the Bears, I thought the below is interesting (in terms of where Jay would stand).

Cutler 2016 salary cap hit currently places him at #16th overall

Cutler 2017 salary cap hit currently places him at #20th overall

Cutler 2018 salary cap hit currently places him at #16th overall.

These numbers assume that no other QB is signed to a big contract in the next 3 years.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
Broncos working on a deal to get Browns LT Joe Thomas

This makes a lot of sense for them. They really need to push hard for this year as that defense is tremendous.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)
Someone was saying on the radio it would take two 1's and a 2 to get Thomas. That couldnt be accurate right?

The Browns were asking for two #1s, which, these leaks I've always found stupid because that doesn't really mean anything.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
So, Vernon Davis was worth a 6th Rounder, and the bears got 6th rounders for Bostic and Allen. I would say Pace did well

Yeah, and Khari Lee was a 6th... NFL trades make no sense for value. Basically if someone has a market value contract on them, nobody is going to soak that in plus pay you a premium.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
Bears' trades were earlier in the season so had more games those players could play in. Earlier trade = more value just in terms of games playable on new team.

I guess, but Bostic was a player that played zero games up until that point and Jared Allens production as a bear was zilch.

The difference really isn't that much, I would say the Bears got pretty good value considering