2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 10:32 PM)
Houston almost did the same dance he did when he tore his ACL.

The same exact dance. And he did it twice more tonight. What a dumbass.

What even happened to him this year? I feel like he's barely played, along with Young. Sad that we're paying them what we're paying them to be ineffective linebackers, but I suppose it had to be done with the 3-4.

Adam Gase is gonna be a wanted man this off season. Quick questions?

He signed a 3 year contract, correct? Technically, the Bears can be d***s and not let him interview, right?

If so, I'd promise him he can be the HC after Fox or something. Retaining Gase is a MUST this off season

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)

He signed a 3 year contract, correct? Technically, the Bears can be d***s and not let him interview, right?

If so, I'd promise him he can be the HC after Fox or something. Retaining Gase is a MUST this off season

If the Bears finish 4-12/5-11 and Cutler finishes with 22 TD's and 13 INT's, I'm not sure why he would be truly "wanted" other than people just saying "Cutler 'looks' different."

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:04 PM)
If the Bears finish 4-12/5-11 and Cutler finishes with 22 TD's and 13 INT's, I'm not sure why he would be truly "wanted" other than people just saying "Cutler 'looks' different."

To be fair he has been interviewed a few times over the last couple seasons, what he is doing with Jay is just padding the resume'

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)

Can't happen. The Bears can't block Gase from interviewing elsewhere. In the coaching carousel last year, Gase was the last man out. I'm really happy Jay looks like the guy the Bears traded for, but Gase is still likely gone.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:04 PM)

We know why the Bears are bad and offense is not that facet of the game. Defense and Special Teams are awful. The Offense looks great. There may be some coaching candidates that leapfrog Gase, but he will interview a lot of places and likely land a job.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 07:30 AM)
The Bears offense is ranked 25th in the NFL. How does that get someone a head coaching job?

They've definitely had struggles in the red zone, and they of course had Clausen play in 6+ of those quarters. They didn't have Alshon in half of those games.

Honestly, Gase isn't going anywhere after this year.

The massive key in all of this is that Cutler looks as comfortable as he ever has in a Bears uniform.

As the Bears continue to build, including White eventually coming back, they have the makings for something solid here, if you ask me.

All teams are going through injuries. Look at the Chargers they have had more injuries than any other team and are ranked 16th in the NFL. They are bringing guys off the street to play on the OL.

Bears last year averaged 19.9 points per game and 327 yards per game. This year 20.2 and 347 per game.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 07:44 AM)
All teams are going through injuries. Look at the Chargers they have had more injuries than any other team and are ranked 16th in the NFL. They are bringing guys off the street to play on the OL.

Bears last year averaged 19.9 points per game and 327 yards per game. This year 20.2 and 347 per game.

Well we're not making excuses for the record. We're just taking into consideration the facts.

As SS mentioned, overall, we are just so much more well-coached. Despite Fox's conservatism, which is really my only gripe with the coaching staff, it's pretty apparent to me that we have the right coaching staff in place. And since Pace hired the coaching staff, I'd say you'd have to be impressed with the FO.

League rankings are not particularly important right now; the resemblance to an actual professional football team is.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
Well then the risk of any tackling is pretty low.

Bears pass defense is actually top ten if you can believe that. At least thats what I heard on the score this week

Yeah while I've liked some of Gase's game plans I have a hard time believing anyone is watching the offense (which has loads more talent than the defense) and is like "yes he is great".

Despite having gigantic targets like bennett, wilson and alshon, we somehow cannot convert in the red zone.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 07:37 AM)
They've definitely had struggles in the red zone, and they of course had Clausen play in 6+ of those quarters. They didn't have Alshon in half of those games.

Honestly, Gase isn't going anywhere after this year.

The massive key in all of this is that Cutler looks as comfortable as he ever has in a Bears uniform.

As the Bears continue to build, including White eventually coming back, they have the makings for something solid here, if you ask me.

I don't know...all depends on where we go. If Jay keeps taking steps forward, given gase's previous track record with the Broncos, he's getting a job. It also helps that we won't be a playoff team so teams can start interviewing him very early in the process.

Don't assistant coaches for good teams usually get hired to be head coaches first? I could be wrong but it seems like the better record teams usually get plucked for their assistant coaches, not the 8-8 and worse teams.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 08:33 AM)
Yeah while I've liked some of Gase's game plans I have a hard time believing anyone is watching the offense (which has loads more talent than the defense) and is like "yes he is great".

Despite having gigantic targets like bennett, wilson and alshon, we somehow cannot convert in the red zone.

Alshon was out for half of the games. Our oline has been totally megshift. We haven't had Royal often. And lets not act like Wilson is a star. Yes, we clearly need to improve in the red zone, but we are effectively moving the ball. In fact, a lot of the times we haven't done things, it hasn't been the play call as much as it has been the lack of execution and I expect with more time that will get better. Of course after 1 year of Trestman we thought the same thing, however, evidently he couldn't make adjustments and once teams got game film on the Trestman offense, we were toast. I hope the same doesn't hold true with Gase. It certainly seems like we do a lot of things, but it will be interesting how effective our screen game will remain. That said, the more people get film, the more you can build other nuances to burn people other ways (I hope).

Jay certainly looks comfortable out their. Comfortable with his read of the blocking schemes, picking up blitzes and hitting the right spot. Curious on the pick what happened. If it was a bad throw or miscommunication or what. Either way, that can't happen. On the sack and fumble, I can't really fault Jay. He got crushed in a hurry and I was curious why a penalty for helmet to helmet wasn't called on the fumble. Our penalties on the oline have been tough to handle though.