2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 12:45 PM)
Perhaps i'm reading more into what you and others are saying. If so, my bad. But I take that to mean you see significant improvement. Not marginal improvement, but a big step from last year. That's what I don't see. I see a team that went from embarrassingly bad at times last year to just being bad. I don't consider that being anything more than a marginal step when a lot of what happened last year was dysfunction off the field. I think any number of coaches could have come in here and gotten that marginal step simply by having a different voice. I'm not suggesting Fox, Gase & Co. are bad, or that they've failed. To me they've done what was expected as a bare minimum.

I have no qualms with Pace. I think he's done a good job thus far. We'll see how the draft picks work out, but he, more so than Fox, makes me excited for the franchise.

There will be a tipping point, IMHO, which they are approaching much more rapidly than I had thought possible. I think it will come next year. Then all of the sudden people will say where did this all come from?

It will have come from what this staff has accomplished this year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
There will be a tipping point, IMHO, which they are approaching much more rapidly than I had thought possible. I think it will come next year. Then all of the sudden people will say where did this all come from?

It will have come from what this staff has accomplished this year.

Agree. I'm not sure how one can say "this team was very bad and now they're just bad." No way. The Bears are going to win 6 games this year while getting major playing time from guys like Anderson, Quarty Jones, Mariani, Omameh, Leno, and Ducasse. They've gotten nothing from their top 7 pick. They have 1 pass rusher. They're on their 3rd center. They have no depth, particularly at safety, TE, QB and NT. This is a great coaching staff who have made them into an average team, not a bad team.

Edited by soxfan49

The love for Cutler around the country is unbelievable right now. Yeah, he's been a lot less prone to mistakes, but he still makes them every other game and you're just like "WTF?". Had Cutler not led that game-winning TD drive this Monday, he would have been the goat.

I feel as if Cutler's been this good before, but he's just getting a better rap around the country now for some reason.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
The love for Cutler around the country is unbelievable right now. Yeah, he's been a lot less prone to mistakes, but he still makes them every other game and you're just like "WTF?". Had Cutler not led that game-winning TD drive this Monday, he would have been the goat.

I feel as if Cutler's been this good before, but he's just getting a better rap around the country now for some reason.

Aside from Brady and Rodgers, doesn't every QB playing right now make a "WTF throw" every 2 games?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)

Technically speaking he's one of the best QBs the Bears have ever had.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 08:02 PM)
Aside from Brady and Rodgers, doesn't every QB playing right now make a "WTF throw" every 2 games?

I wouldn't disagree with that.

My point is that Cutler's finally getting recognition for something in the national media, even though he's had stretches where he's been somewhat mistake-free in the past.

In terms of Cutler, we are going to know a whole lot after the Thanksgiving game. 2 straight games against elite d's (Rams & Broncos) and then a team who has historically given him fits in the Packers (on the road). If we see Jay continuing to stay poised and this offense continue to build, I think at that point, we can start to say he truly is part of a longer-term future. All this said, I think we go 1-2 / 0-3 during this stretch but to me it is more about how we play vs. the end result at this point.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 15, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
That was a Mel tucker like d to start out. They were completely confused on every play. And being confused by a Jeff fisher offense...is not good.

Every play somebody was wide open. Foles inaccuracy was their only defense.

Might be switching to Red Zone channel extra early today