2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 05:28 PM)
I guess, but Bostic was a player that played zero games up until that point and Jared Allens production as a bear was zilch.

The difference really isn't that much, I would say the Bears got pretty good value considering

Not disagreeing I just think that was the logic Mike was using.

We've seen arguments around it in baseball, trading for a player on June 30th should have more value than on July 31st because you've got a month more with that player. Doesn't really matter usually though, as Jason pointed out it's a move for playoff time not for getting to the playoffs.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 05:50 PM)
Denver traded 3 picks for Vernon Davis, not 1.

No, Denver traded a 2016 and 2017 6th round pick for Davis and a 7th round pick, 2 picks where one was swapped

I'm not saying the Bears won the day I'm just satisfied with the return considering what Davis got.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 09:34 AM)
how is it that Caldwell is surviving this?

It is only his 2nd year right? I am going to imagine his time will come in the off-season, but someone needs to stay around. Plus, didn't Caldwell make the playoffs in his first season, or am I misremembering things?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
It is only his 2nd year right? I am going to imagine his time will come in the off-season, but someone needs to stay around. Plus, didn't Caldwell make the playoffs in his first season, or am I misremembering things?

It is his second year, and quite a year it has been. It has been a while since they have looked this uninspired. I mean, if you you are cleaning house, and his superiors and underlings have all been fired, you might as well make it a clean sweep

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
It is his second year, and quite a year it has been. It has been a while since they have looked this uninspired. I mean, if you you are cleaning house, and his superiors and underlings have all been fired, you might as well make it a clean sweep

He did get a lot of credit for turning them around last year. I think a lot of their issues have to do with the fact that they made the wrong bet on Stafford (who is awful). They also have quite a few other issues, including an aging Megatron who is a shell of what he once was (due to all the abuse he took on that turf).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
He did get a lot of credit for turning them around last year. I think a lot of their issues have to do with the fact that they made the wrong bet on Stafford (who is awful). They also have quite a few other issues, including an aging Megatron who is a shell of what he once was (due to all the abuse he took on that turf).

And letting Fairley and Suh go for nothing. Also trading for an aging Ngata didn't help either.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)

The alternative, which involved giving Suh absurd money, probably wasn't the right decision either. They definitely had some significant losses and in Fairley's case, he had a lot of baggage. Front office clearly could have done a better job addressing / filling those needs though.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 11:57 AM)

I think they need to field a team for 8 or 9 more weeks and the new front office is gonna want their own coach in anyway. Let him finish this death march, find a new President and GM, then they can find a coach in January

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
The NFL (and other leagues) get paid by the DoD for their military tributes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/defens...4b0411d306eda5e

Weren't these things exposed as staged with a real soldier and a random hot chick, or am I confusing this with another thing?

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 06:41 AM)
Weren't these things exposed as staged with a real soldier and a random hot chick, or am I confusing this with another thing?

Not quite like that. It was a real couple, but he was stationed in Korea, and both are members of very wealthy and politically powerful families.

http://deadspin.com/surprise-military-reun...bull-1727940877

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 06:43 AM)
Not quite like that. It was a real couple, but he was stationed in Korea, and both are members of very wealthy and politically powerful families.

http://deadspin.com/surprise-military-reun...bull-1727940877

Ah yes, that's what it was, thanks for that.

It doesnt change anything for me. Its been pretty clear that Hardy is an awful, awful person. He is probably a straight up monster and will eventually get exactly what he deserves. The sad part is it will probably come after someone else has to experience his brutality once again.