ST: 3/27 at Cubs

flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 04:38 PM)
Dan Hayes @CSNHayes · 20s 20 seconds ago

Scout on Jeff Samardzija: "Stuff looks good actually. Heavy sinker, good cutter. Just left the ball right down middle in all three HR's."

Threw the cutter early, which I didn't remember him throwing with the Cubs. Splitter did have good action on it. Fastball looked flat to me though

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
Threw the cutter early, which I didn't remember him throwing with the Cubs. Splitter did have good action on it. Fastball looked flat to me though

After watching him for the last few years, he gets a ton of his strikeouts on his splitter, which is really a devastating pitch. He's pretty much a two-pitch pitcher, as he only uses his slider occasionally.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
6 homers allowed by Samardzija in approximately 15 innings

9 K's today but you are right 6 homers or more allowed in 15 innings is a lot even for ST. Maybe he is just concentrating on one aspect of his pithcing game, which is ok as long as it isn't "let's give up more homers today."

Edited by elrockinMT

So hopefully this doesn't turn into some type of controversy surrounding Samardzija, as I understand what he was trying to say:

Jesse Rogers @ESPNChiCubs · 27m 27 minutes ago

Samadzija on Soler: "Big power righty, big, Cuban, power righty. They’re all pretty similar...

... You leave one on the inner-half of the plate, and they like to take advantage of it."

Watching the game now on DVR and holy s***, how good is Jorge Soler. Extremely patient at the plate and excellent pitch recognition. Prior to the game he had not swung at a pitch outside of the strike zone. His at bat against Duke was phenomenal.

QUOTE (InTheDriversSeat @ Mar 28, 2015 -> 09:14 AM)
Hawk made a comment that the game had the highest attendance of any Spring Training game in history. I think the attendance was over 15,000. Cubs fans are really packing the seats at their new spring training park.

in the state that i am in, just trust me, yous guys should just shoot me.